What's new

Blackland adjustable?

Great service, @Blackland Razors, I've experienced nothing but the best too. I don't consider myself a fanboy, not every Blackland razors have worked well for my face, but some have. Shane and his company have earned my respect with great products and great service. High integrity, @GlazedBoker, expecting the mistake will be fixed and knowing it will. Also for not expecting more than to be made whole and an apology. Sometimes people expect too much and that is particularly hard on the small, independent companies like Blackland. We're all better if they survive and thrive.
There are a few vendors that have been around for awhile that should take note of a company such as @Blackland Razors and maybe they could actually learn what customer service actually means!!

Agreed. Blackland will always have my business. I have full confidence in Blackland’s ability to go above and beyond expectations but, on this one Shane really went to the next level. And honestly, it was not what I was looking for nor pushing. I truly regret making my previous post as I should have shown a bit more restraint and waited for a response from their customer service department. Shane practices what he preaches in offering me a sincere apology and than a full refund. I didn’t want that, just a stand and all would have been good. I did not need any proof of honest practice nor integrity as he’s always shown that to me on a personal level in my dealings with him.

My sincerest apologies Shane @Blackland Razors as that was not the endgame I was searching for. No bueno on my end….

No I meant it when I said I appreciated your post! I’ve been increasingly trying to grow the Blackland team and shift more work to employees and systems. This kind of public feedback is important so we can identify what doesn’t work and fix it. The refund is simply the right thing to do, but I also think it’s important for failure to have consequences. The impact hits harder when there is a cost. Customers in this space are often too permissive and allow vendors to get away with anything so there’s rarely that outside pressure that drives improvement. This serves as that pressure and it’s a good opportunity for us to tighten up our systems and get better. So don’t worry about me! We’ll get your new Osprey out today. Thanks!

What's your Osprey number(s)?

I just got mine and am three shaves in. I started at 3.5, and it was so smooth. I wanted a bit more efficiency, so the next shave was at 4.5 - just as smooth and added efficiency. Today's shave was at 5 and was excellent - I'm likely narrowing in on my Osprey number. How about you?

What's your Osprey number(s)?

I just got mine and am three shaves in. I started at 3.5, and it was so smooth. I wanted a bit more efficiency, so the next shave was at 4.5 - just as smooth and added efficiency. Today's shave was at 5 and was excellent - I'm likely narrowing in on my Osprey number. How about you?

Congrats on the acquisition. For me, the Osprey works very well between 3-7 and at max, it's still pretty darn good. Haven't run it that high on the Ti version but, I'm thinking it'll be just as useable in that high range and perhaps easier on the skin vs the Stainless. Not that it's uncomfortable but, you do get the blade feel that is amped up substantially.

The Osprey is a thing of beauty, I really like the hi-viz numbers. Still new here but just got the Blackbird Lite this week and it's an amazing razor! The shipping and packaging was superb and the shave was definitely one of my best.
image0.jpeg

The Osprey is a thing of beauty, I really like the hi-viz numbers. Still new here but just got the Blackbird Lite this week and it's an amazing razor! The shipping and packaging was superb and the shave was definitely one of my best.
View attachment 1835919

Congrats. The Blackbird is the flag bearer for the brand and has a tremendous following with a deserving reputation as a top performer. It also helps that it's backed by a small business that delivers world class service & commitment to its brand.

Happy shaves.... :straight:

No I meant it when I said I appreciated your post! I’ve been increasingly trying to grow the Blackland team and shift more work to employees and systems. This kind of public feedback is important so we can identify what doesn’t work and fix it. The refund is simply the right thing to do, but I also think it’s important for failure to have consequences. The impact hits harder when there is a cost. Customers in this space are often too permissive and allow vendors to get away with anything so there’s rarely that outside pressure that drives improvement. This serves as that pressure and it’s a good opportunity for us to tighten up our systems and get better. So don’t worry about me! We’ll get your new Osprey out today. Thanks!
Taking responsibility and accountability, good job Blackland @Shane.

I'm really enjoying the Osprey shaves. The blade clamping is exceptional. Gus is right, it is very smooth across a wide range. The efficiency goes up with each step, yet the smoothness continues. I've only tried 3.5-5.5 so far, I've got more work to do! ;)

I did a cardstock test and it seems that neutral is at ~2.5. It is so smooth, that almost surprised me. It makes sense though, as the Osprey range is broad.

Top Bottom