What's new

Fragrance / Scent of the day.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Guerlain
Vetiver

1000005887.jpg

Is your bottle recent? If so, how is it? This is next on my list but I haven’t tried any of the recent batches.
It’s a recent buy from this year but the batch is from Q1 2021. I was initially looking to get Viking but it wasn’t available at the time, so I got Himalaya instead.

I wasn’t very happy with Himalaya‘s longevity at the beginning, especially if I compare it to my bottle of Royal Oud Milesimme, which is now probably about eight years old. However, recently longevity somehow improved, although not nearly as good as Royal Oud; that one stays with me for a full day and is detectable on clothes even after laundry.

Fragrance- wise I do enjoy Himalaya quite a bit. It’s fresh and crisp and quite pleasant. Definitely a winner in my opinion, pretty much on the opposite spectrum of Royal Oud. If it’s already on your list you’ll probably know all about the notes, silage, etc. I’m anyway not good at describing them. It is a great fragrance and I really think Creed named it aptly. Like an early morning coffee in a log cabin looking at snow covered peaks.

Creed does sell samples, and I would recommend to go that way first, before committing to a full bottle. I made a blind buy based on a bit of prior due diligence and while I do not completely regret the purchase, especially now that it seems to get a bit better, I wish I got a sample first.

Other than my initial qualms with longevity, I do enjoy this fragrance and I think you should definitely give it a try.

Top Bottom