What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Good morning fellas

This morning is a Dominican bean. Made with the Bunn with a bit of Coffee Rich added.

Back to work. Y’all have a blessed day.

IMG_2419.jpeg

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good morning, coffee crew.

Peet's Big Bang. Black.

It's 39° here right now with a high around 65°. Sunny to partly cloudy today. Maybe 7 hours of sleep. The futon was pretty comfortable last night. Not much going on today and that is fine with me. It looks like it will be around 80° when I arrive back in Nashville on Friday. Bring it on!

Have a blessed day, friends.

I like my coffee to be thick and gooey! I pull espresso shots at a 1:1 ratio. 18g of ground coffee yields 18ml of syrupy espresso with the mouth feel of letting dark chocolate melt on your tongue.
View attachment 1833918
I do as well with really dark roasts. the Starbucks I pulled today was 18 in 18 out. Quite decadent. The rare occasions I pull light roast shots it’s usually 16 in 48 out.

brewing in the GE Café brewer at 205deg 80g of grounds 10c of water, Revel’s Colombia Washed Nitro Caturra. Frozen 10 days after roast and 4 days out of the freezer.

First sip right out of the carafe was a berry bomb!

Then I burnt my tongue testing a chimichurri dip for dinner tonight :mad3:

Second pour after it has cooled a bit in my glass, maybe the power of suggestion, but watermelon jolly rancher.

I had a bag from them previously this year, completely forgettable an Ethiopia Yirga Cheffee, that had my expectations really, really low for this. But this bag is a stunner.

The description on their website suggest this for espresso, but I would hate wasting any of this bean trying to dial it in.

Attachments

• IMG_0197.jpeg
    IMG_0197.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1

Eric_75

Peet's Big Bang. Black.

This is my final "coffee crew" report from St. Clair Shores, MI. I'll be signing off for about 2 weeks later this evening.

It's 54° right now with a high around 60°. It looks like we're going to get some rain this morning. I'm hoping it clears up by this evening when a friend of mine arrives to help me start the loading process. We're doing this over the next couple days due to his work schedule. Sleep wasn't very good last night. Maybe 4 hours, if that.

So, my friends...I shall see you all again very soon from my new place in Nashville, TN. Keep the "coffee crew" torch held high in my absence, please. :)

God bless you all.

- Eric

quote-friendship-has-always-belonged-to-the-core-of-my-spiritual-journey-henri-nouwen-21-62-53.jpg

Peet's Big Bang. Black.

This is my final "coffee crew" report from St. Clair Shores, MI. I'll be signing off for about 2 weeks later this evening.

It's 54° right now with a high around 60°. It looks like we're going to get some rain this morning. I'm hoping it clears up by this evening when a friend of mine arrives to help me start the loading process. We're doing this over the next couple days due to his work schedule. Sleep wasn't very good last night. Maybe 4 hours, if that.

So, my friends...I shall see you all again very soon from my new place in Nashville, TN. Keep the "coffee crew" torch held high in my absence, please. :)

God bless you all.

- Eric

View attachment 1834265
You’ll be missed around here for the next couple weeks! I hope you have a safe, event-free move back, and the B&B withdrawal symptoms aren’t too severe ;). The Volunteer State awaits your return!

Peet's Big Bang. Black.

God bless you all.

- Eric

View attachment 1834265
Best of luck with the move!

Eric_75

You’ll be missed around here for the next couple weeks! I hope you have a safe, event-free move back, and the B&B withdrawal symptoms aren’t too severe ;). The Volunteer State awaits your return!
Ah, yes...the dreaded B.B.S.A.

I look forward to seeing the beautiful, green hills on TN again.

Thank you very much, my friend. Blessings to you and the family. Give Wallace a pat for me. :)

Peet's Big Bang. Black.

God bless you all.

- Eric

View attachment 1834265

Be safe!! The best part of the move is when it’s over and everything is put away.

Top Bottom