What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good morning, coffee crew.

Peet's Big Bang. Black.

It's 51° in SCS right now with a high around 65°. Another cloudy day here. It looks like more rain is moving in this evening. I got about 7 hours of sleep last night. A strange dream woke me up around 2 AM but I managed to go back to sleep. Just a few online things to take care of today but that's about it.

Have a blessed Thursday, friends.

Afternoon pick me up shot. Some kind of Starbucks “light roast” that the coffee density site describes as “dark/Vienna roast” lol. It was on sale at the grocery store and not too bad.
IMG_8506.jpeg

Eric_75

Good morning, coffee crew.

Peet's Big Bang. Black. One Monk Fruit in the Raw packet.

It's another cloudy, dark morning here. Currently 52° with a high around 60°. Rain expected this morning, but "they" say the sun is coming out later. I got about 6 hours of sleep last night. I woke up a few times though. I caught up with several friends from Nashville (phone calls and texts) and that was quite nice. I miss them dearly. A few emails to send out today and then I'm putting all work on hold until I get back to Nashville. Consider it a "moving vacation" ha. A trip to the local market and lunch at the Butter Run Saloon later.

Have a blessed Friday, my friends.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I hit the ground running this morning. First break in the action.

Don Pablo’s Signature from the French press into the Yeti.

It’s 78F already with a high of 92.

Back to work.
75° with a high of 94°
But at least yours is a dry heat!!
Lol
Hahahhaa

Hot is hot
Almost time to be able to get in our pool.
We are having a covering built over 1/2 the pool because it’s too hot to swim during the afternoons here.
Last summer on one morning I got in the pool at 4am to swim laps and the water was 94°.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
75° with a high of 94°
But at least yours is a dry heat!!
Lol
Hahahhaa

Hot is hot
Almost time to be able to get in our pool.
We are having a covering built over 1/2 the pool because it’s too hot to swim during the afternoons here.
Last summer on one morning I got in the pool at 4am to swim laps and the water was 94°.
We’re cooling down to 89F today. <eg>

Don Pablo’s Signature blend again this morning. French press into the Yeti.

I’m waiting for an order to be completed, then back on the road.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
The humidity at the moment is 66%. That’s low for here. In a week or so, it will be 100% in the morning and if we get a nice breeze, it will drop down into the 50% range.

I tracked the summer humidity in Pennsylvania vs Gainesville before we moved down here in 2004. Pennsylvania was worse in July and August. We usually had 95/95 days there with the humidity touching the ground. You couldn’t even see the huge signs on the interstates until you were right on top of them.

Eric_75

The humidity at the moment is 66%. That’s low for here. In a week or so, it will be 100% in the morning and if we get a nice breeze, it will drop down into the 50% range.

I tracked the summer humidity in Pennsylvania vs Gainesville before we moved down here in 2004. Pennsylvania was worse in July and August. We usually had 95/95 days there with the humidity touching the ground. You couldn’t even see the huge signs on the interstates until you were right on top of them.
Right now, my phone is telling me the humidity in St. Clair Shores, MI is 81%.

Brutal

I hate it here when it’s 90% or higher humidity and the temperature is 90° or higher.
It takes everything out of you.

A few years ago we helped our son move to Florida in August. We started at 7:30 am and by 7:35 I was completely soaked with sweat. I have worked in factories where it is a 100 plus around the machinery, but I have never have been as hot as that day. When we took a break, I sat on the curb and when I got up my daughter-in-law noticed I left a wet spot with my butt. My wife told her that’s kind of normal for him, but look he’s sweating through his boots. She was right, my boots were wet, it looked like I had stepped in a puddle. It was 106 and 95% humidity. We got done in a couple hours and everyone survived.

On our way home we were in Orlando and our flight was delayed. I was sitting by a window and a concrete crew was getting ready to do a project by the terminal. I don’t know enough about pump trucks but I could tell it was getting serious. After multiple attempts they did it the old way, wheelbarrow and muscle. This young guy was the main one wheeling the concrete in and older guys were finishing. He changed shirts three times. To his credit they got it done and saved the load. It’s a different breed that works in the heat in the south.

Top Bottom