What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

.68 Timeless bronze/Willy's
20240417_191541~2.jpg

Every now and then I have to remind myself why I don't shave everyday. Today was one of those days. I didn't have growth long enough to make it worthwhile and was impinging upon my skin's recovery time from yesterday's shave.

RazoRock Game Changer 0.84-P razor
Vintage Thin Bar handle
Gillette Stainless Steel 'Spoiler' blade, made in Australia (vintage, out of production) (1)
2 day growth

A blast from the past, my first vintage blade. I was gifted a few of these as a PIF by a generous fellow Aussie member, @Norman Gunston. :)

Lovely blades. Nice balance of smooth and sharp, giving a crisp close shave, leaving just a bit of tingle. Reminds me of Lab Blues, but smoother. An excellent match with the .84 plate.

Looking forward to seeing how many shaves they hold up for, compared to modern blades.

Gillette Super Stainless blade, made in Australia - 1.jpg

Gillette Super Stainless blade, made in Australia - 2.jpg

Took delivery of a new Yates Winning razor today. Totally underwhelming packaging (a plain hessian bag), however probably smart considering it just goes in the bin anyway. Seems well made, nicely machines and finished. Loaded up a Personna Red and had a great shave, albeit only a single days growth, so will judge on the efficiency next week when I can shave off a few days growth. Much prefer the weight of the SS over my aluminium Hensons.

Razor: RazoRock Mamba 0.53 (70)
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated (2)
Preshave: Hot shower; Cereve Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Van Der Hagen Luxury Scented
Aftershave: Cold water rinse;

No nicks; No irritation; Very close; Very smooth; Pleasant DFS+ shave.

Cheers!!!

Gillette Slim Adjustable on "5"
Feather (5)
Stirling Unscented with Beeswax soap
AoS silvertip brush
Cold water rinse

Day 3 of my Face Vacation. Neck shave only. Also my first time shaving with my new (to me) Slim. BBS, even though the Feather was starting to let me know that it's time to move on.

I set the Slim on 5, but that might be a tad aggressive for a Feather. I won't know for sure until I decide at some point to load a fresh Feather into the Slim. It's tough for me to evaluate anything using a Feather with this many shaves on it.

2024-04-15 13.57.28.jpg

Top Bottom