What's new

Revisiting Things and Liking Them More Than You Remember.

I was trying to sell my Manchurian heritage collection brush but nobody wanted it. After waiting a few months I figured I should try it again and see if my opinion changed. I’m so glad nobody bought it because it did a great job. I really enjoyed the shave. The brush is very dense but if you have the water ratio correct it splays well and releases the lather easily. Paired it with my PAA Quantum and got a fantastic shave . Thought about getting rid of the razor as well bc I know they are in demand and I don’t use it often but I’m for sure keeping it now.
IMG_9689.jpeg

Right after i joined B&B, I succumbed to the hype over Tabac and ordered a puck. I knew I made a mistake when I could smell the horrible stench even before I opened the mailbox. I'm not going to go into detail of my first impressions of Tabac, but I couldn't get rid of it fast enough. The smell was so revolting and disgusting to me, I honestly thought that this was a running joke to play on new members of B&B. I couldn't comprehend how anyone could use this stuff.
About two years ago I decided to try it again and got a tallow puck. And you know what? I love the aroma today. Funny how time can turn a revolting stench to a wonderful aroma.

Good man! Revisiting hardware and software after awhile is often rewarding IME.

My best explanation for changes in evaluations is that I am continually working to improve my technique.

Of course, the other factor is that my skin and beard have changed with time. And I do not appreciate the sagging skin and gray beard!! :a15::a15::a15:

This happens to me all the time and it makes it so hard to let go of *anything* lest it reawaken as new favorite. Argh. Also, sorry I missed that brush :p

There have been a number of threads on this. Often with improved technique we get much better results from products or tools what were perceived to not work that well at first.

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
Every time I used my Merkur Progress, I always wondered why I didn't use it more.

Now I use it more.

This is not uncommon with me. An example is the vintage Super Adjustable. At one point in time I had ten of them, eight long handle 109's and two 84 short handle. I ended up selling all of them. Then very recently I got an itch to get one back and found a 1971 Super 84 at a reasonable price.

I arbitrarily picked a Gillette Nacet to load it with and set the adjustment dial on 6. What a great shave. Repeated this 48 hours later with the same blade and same result. This a.m. I used a brand new Wizamet SI for a great shave. These vintage elders often get overlooked in the sea of choices we have today, but they can and will, deliver the goods when needed :thumbup1:

super-84-1971-Q1.jpg

Top Bottom