What's new

ADJUSTABLE APRIL 2024

Day 11, back to Merkur Progress

20240411_171812.jpeg

Another nice shave, effortless and smooth. The BIC CP has smoothed out (outing no. 4), the blade cut well today.
Two passes, setting 5 (WTG) and 2 (ATG). An almost BBS result. Nice 👍

Tomorrow's Friday, so no surprises are to be expected in terms of my razor 😉

I hope everyone's enjoying the event.
Crank 'em up 👍☺️👍

Adjustable April Shave 11

Yaqi Ultima
Wizamet SI
Grizzly Bay - 2Band Finest
River Valley trading - Frosty Bay Rum
Master Soap's - Dylan

Polished Stailess Steel, Gibbs Adjustment system and an excellent shaver at a low price - Whats not to like!!

This is another razor that sits amongst my top shavers. I turned a new dial for this, which overclocks and although I very seldom use it there. Other than that, I've left it as it. I have not had any issues with the smooth handle.

sotd240411.jpg

AA ’24

The SS Osprey with a Schick blade. How do you say and spell it? S-m-o-o-o-o-v-v-e-e! Just a great shave without a single issue. This combo shows one the pedigree of the razor and the quality of the blade. Of course just from my personal experience. The ONLY PannaCrema that I have kept in my soap collection because it is simply superb and is the original with Tallow. Love it.

Great shaves to all…

AFDA343C-5F2C-4A71-B6B8-730C27DA6810.jpeg

Adjustable April 12

Davis Rythmic Razor
Wizamet SI
Wild West - Synthetic Tux
Master Soap Creations - Zeus God of Thunder
Master Soap - Sample Splash

I present the Uber Awesome Davis Rythmic. It dates back to the late 1930's.
Its pretty aggressive and the audio feedback is LOUD.

Great shave to guide me towards the weekend.

sotd240412.jpg

Day 12, Fatboy Friday!

20240412_152849.jpeg

A flawless shave with one of my favourite soap/AS/balm combo.
Three passes on the lower settings (4/3/2) was all I needed today to get ready for a day at the office. The shave was all about smoothness and "enjoying the moment".
Mrs Jahe confirmed I was smelling devine.

Hang in there, it's almost the weekend! 😜👍

That Yardley soap takes me back to the sixties. I loved it.
I love it too. This soap is amazing. I want to use it all the time, but I only have so much and it is really hard to find at reasonable prices.

Covering Vintage and Adjustable April with a 1959 E4 Fatboy at 7, Erskine Badger, Captains Choice soap and some Old Spice Aftershave. Nasty weather outside, but a wonderful shave.
1712934421934.png

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I love it too. This soap is amazing. I want to use it all the time, but I only have so much and it is really hard to find at reasonable prices.

Covering Vintage and Adjustable April with a 1959 E4 Fatboy at 7, Erskine Badger, Captains Choice soap and some Old Spice Aftershave. Nasty weather outside, but a wonderful shave.
View attachment 1828214
I miss Yardley's men's shaving products, not just their lavender soap and aftershave but also Black label. It was a scent ahead of its time.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
SNMIRN / Dorco Prime
SNMIRN2.jpg

The SNMIRN cannot be as easily "overclocked" as other Futur clones and even at max setting of 8.3ish it is more equivalent to the mid range of the Futur clone settings. I used an alcohol free balm, Nivea Sensitive. Already a few years old it is still as good as new.

The SNMIRN cannot be as easily "overclocked" as other Futur clones and even at max setting of 8.3ish it is more equivalent to the mid range of the Futur clone settings. I used an alcohol free balm, Nivea Sensitive. Already a few years old it is still as good as new.

The Snmirn as easy to overclock as any of the Futur/Futur clones. They all work on the same mechanism.
Like all of them - take them to the max, squeeze the TopCap and Base Plate together and twist the handle.

Gillette Aristocrat Adjustable L4 • Perma-Sharp
Proraso Green • Yaqi Cavern Lake brush
IMG_20240413_064246617_HDR.jpg

A Slim by any other name...

Just a nice relaxed Saturday morning shave for Adjustable April.

For me, neither the Slim, Super or 195 offer the "perfect" shave. I find them harsher at the higher settings, so there's always a trade off between comfort and efficiency. Set at my usual 5 however - I'll go up or down a notch depending on how I feel on the day - this gave me a fantastic, comfortable, drama free start to the day. Utterly reliable and a pleasure to use.

Top Bottom