What's new

Help me find a shaving cream I will like

I have finally used the last of my xpec cream.

I am looking for a cream that is unscented -- my wife is sensitive to most smells and even light perfumey or cologne-like scents trigger sneezing/runny nose/very grumpy.

Can anyone recommend unscented shaving creams that are on the higher end of quality?
EDIT: Some scents are ok--the soap bars she likes are the Dove cucumber & green tea ones. I think mint & eucalyptus are probably ok? Some citrus scents are ok but some bother her. Anything flowery is out.

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
If you are looking for a cream and not a soap, I can heartily recommend Baume.be cream. It has no fragrance added but it does have a light smell, which I like. It's designed for sensitive skin and works well for me.

I do bowl lather, so I can't comment on how well it would lather out of the tub. It is a very soft cream but isn't in a tube like many creams.... It comes in a very nice plastic tub with a screw on top.

Where do you buy this in the US? Or do you order from their website & ship from Europe?
Maggards has it (I only know that because I plan to buy some as well on my next order there).

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Where do you buy this in the US? Or do you order from their website & ship from Europe?
Amazon used to sell it.... but they haven't carried it for a while now. I also got their very nice pre-shave gel there as well.

I did a quick google search. Shave Nation, Maggard, BullGoose, Murphy & McNeil, qedusa and Fendrihan all seem to carry it.... Though I didn't check to see if they have it in stock now.

Give Stirling Unscented Beeswax a try. It is a great tallow shaving soap that is easy to lather. It has beeswax instead of lanolin and is a great performer. It is soft, but not a cream. Really good stuff. Martin De Candre has a good unscented shaving cream.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Give Stirling Unscented Beeswax a try. It is a great tallow shaving soap that is easy to lather. It has beeswax instead of lanolin and is a great performer. It is soft, but not a cream. Really good stuff. Martin De Candre has a good unscented shaving cream.
I have just begun a brain bowl of Martin de Candre original. The scent approaches non-existent, but when one catches a whiff I cannot imagine its offending anyone. As with other MdCs, the lather fairly explodes when the wet brush touches the soap.

I have finally used the last of my xpec cream.

I am looking for a cream that is unscented -- my wife is sensitive to most smells and even light perfumey or cologne-like scents trigger sneezing/runny nose/very grumpy.

Can anyone recommend unscented shaving creams that are on the higher end of quality?
EDIT: Some scents are ok--the soap bars she likes are the Dove cucumber & green tea ones. I think mint & eucalyptus are probably ok? Some citrus scents are ok but some bother her. Anything flowery is out.
My LEA Professional shaving cream works well and only has a "basic" shaving cream scent. Only 3.25 British Pounds from Connaught Shaving though you will need to cover shipping. They also have other creams that may be worth trying such as Cyril R. Salter's Luxury cream for 8 pounds in either Sublime Citris, Lime or Fresh Mint (I use the Wild Rose and French Vetiver that likely don't meet your scent criteria).

Definitely check domestic on-line retailers to compare total costs with shipping on the above.

I like Bare by Noble Otter and Unscented with Beeswax by Stirling.

Stirling has a second unscented soap, but I don’t own it and can’t remember what it is called.

My wife also dislikes most scents. Luckily, she is not bothered by sandalwood.That gives me lots of options.

Top Bottom