What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

Rhodium-plated Ranger Tech is back from the makeover with a couple of straight razors that have me quivering in fear. Also, a Tony Miller steer hide strop with his new cotton in the plain vanilla configuration, and an Atoma #400 lapping plate. Now that I have everything to start learning straight razor shaving, I am more frightened than ever!

View attachment 1807445View attachment 1807446View attachment 1807447View attachment 1807448
Nothing to fear there. Both nice round point blades.

Lf you are really afraid, just do WTG on your cheeks for the first few shaves, or even longer, to get the feel of handling the razor and how the blade should feel on the face.

No hurry. Learning open blade shaving is a marathon, not a sprint.

IMG_3139.JPG

I caught up with a fellow today who's visiting from the states that I got chatting to over on r/wicked_edge (hi Mark if you ever read this, IDK if you're on Badger & Blade). We did a swap of some gear. In the box he gave me was
-Noble Otter Bare soap
-Mennen Skin Bracer aftershave
-Aqua Velva Ice Blue aftershave
-Shave Secret oil
-Wilkinson Sword (German), Personna Platinum (German) and Merkur Super Platinum (Czech) blades
-Decant of Trumpers Coral Skin Food (not pictured)
-Samples of Martin de Candre soap, Acqua Di Parma cream, Penhaligons cream and Antica Barbiera Colla green tobacco (not pictured)
Very excited to try the Noble Otter, it's cool because it's local to Mark (Texas), and I'm really happy to have some Skin Bracer and Aqua Velva as this stuff is unobtainium on Australia, and I've been wanting to try them for a while. Very generous and it was cool to hang out to chat for a while.

Mail call: my first order from Fendrihan.

I have a minor question for my fellow Arko users. These pucks seem to have some grains of salt or sand on them, which my other pucks of the past didn’t. Have you experienced this? I’m guessing it’s an anti-stick substance from the manufacturing line, and soap is self-cleaning, so not an issue. Just curious.

There was a problem with the order, however, which did necessitate the following email:

Hello,

I received this order today and it’s in good shape except for one issue. I ordered a white mug, but received a black one (pic attached). I don’t care enough about the mistake to go through an exchange and a trip to the post office, but I’m mainly letting you know for your inventory tracking. I would have preferred a white one (actually, the Mrs. prefers a white one with the bathroom decor), but I’m sure our relationship will somehow survive and I won’t be forced to shave in the shed in front of judgmental wildlife.

IMG_0251.jpeg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Something I have been chasing for a long time, a vintage Faberge Brut soap in the china bowl. I am thrilled.

20240327_123139~2.jpg

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Enjoy the razor, it was tempting me to drop out of the GRUME.
If the first shave is any indication it's the RAD killer/Grail for me. I was in the annual restraint in 2023 and have made a couple purchases in 2024. Hang in there on the G.R.U.M.E. There is a pass around happening, it has already begun but think it's open to joiners until Sunday. I don't want to encourage a fellow restraint driven member to stray outside of their decision not to make any purchases, and I'm not certain if participating in a pass around would disqualify you from the G.R.U.M.E. But if it's allowed for you to participate I'd recommend it. This razor is phenomenal.

In my last order from Stirling they sent me a sample of Executive Man bath soap. I liked it so well I decided to get the aftershave splash and edit to see if would be fiance approved the next time I was in Paris (Arkansas). I was in there today and picked those up a long with their Almond Creme shave soap that smells just like Cella to me which is one of my favorite scents.
20240328_140136.jpg

Top Bottom