What's new

Fragrance / Scent of the day.

1711550256193.png

Mammoth Tobacconist and
Puig Quorum

The faint cocoa or chocolate note I think I detect in the Tobacconist soap is even more noticeable in the EDP.

Testing Mantes-La-Jolie by Astier de Villatte from a blind buy bottle today.

The perfume opens with a slightly airy natural, but somewhat diffused mint, supported by basil and eucalyptus. That overall accord pretty much hangs around through most of the perfume's linear progression, only adding in subtle mate to the mix after about 30 minutes in. While supposedly parfum strength, it does not appear to have very good performance metrics, lasting only about 4-6 hours while staying close to the skin.

My initial thoughts are that this one is rather unique (something difficult to achieve nowadays), but while I like it and find it well-composed, I doubt I would have bought the bottle had I sampled first, as it really does not play to my preferences. My guess is fans of Habit Rouge will enjoy this one plenty.

Last edited:
Atlas by Lattafa. I imagine this is what a shipwreck might smell like (in the best way) as it's aquatic but not bright. Certainly masculine. More salty than fresh. The scent is unique or "niche". I really enjoy it but it's not for every occasion.

Certainly inspired by Orto Parisi's "Megamare". I would consider this the EDT version of that. Easier to wear. Still too strong for the office but at least those around you at the BBQ won't be dropping like flies.

I'm working from home today so I get to enjoy it.

1711625767212.png

Top Bottom