What's new

Damn Comfortable Shave

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Very glad to read your post. Great news about the wedding. Hoping the stress from the increased workload is manageable.

Thank you, Thom.

I'm one to avoid large, loud, social functions, especially when alcohol is involved, other than college football games which are more religion than social. Still, I love a good wedding ceremony.

My hearing doesn't cooperate with combined loud and social.

Work is going to be a problem for a while I'm afraid. We were thrown a huge curve ball; I'll deal with it; I have to.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I'm digging thru 16 different blades. Five failed on not messing up my face to the point I needed moisturizer.
I'm now in the first elimination. Lord Platinum vs Feather. Lord advances. Feather just left an uncomfortable feeling.
Personna vs Wilkinson Sword. It goes to Personna. The Wilkinson is a pretty decent shave, the Personna is just better.
I forget who the Shark Super Chrome goes up against (the Shark Stainless fell in the first test).
My go to moisturizer is Jack Black double duty, which includes things like Haluronic Acid.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Tuesday's shave was fast, limited, and good.

3-26-24.Elite.Mike's.RacingGreen.640.JPG

Willy's (4), flipped. (It's possible I'm a day off on the count, not that it much matters.)

Cube/Tube. Mysterium Serum.

I'm still extremely busy, but have a possible solution to my little crisis, so I'm less stressed. I'll know much more tomorrow I hope.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Thursday. Another good shave.

3-28-24.Elite.2023LE3Band.Semogue.Mike's.640.JPG

Continuing on with the same kit - March can be very challenging with the wrong gear as you know - I am celebrating the excellency of every component of the kit I picked for the Fixed.

Willy's (6), flipped. Cube/Tube.

My shave today was what I think of as "complete." It involved a bit more work than the simple shaves I've been doing for a few days. Today's shave was probably somewhat better in completeness and closeness. I have to avoid overdoing things in order to keep my skin comfortable, so my complete shaves are not overly complete. Overdone skin is not comfortable.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Friday.

3-29-24.Elite.Racing Green. Mike's.640.JPG

Willy's (7), flipped. Cube/Tube. Mysterium Serum.

I thought my troubles at the office might be improving. It's not a mess of my making, but it is mine to sort out. I've gotten nowhere so far unless spinning wheels, dead ends, and wasted money count for something.

At least I accomplished a nice shave.

All that said, I realize how blessed I am, and wish all of you a happy Easter.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
April has arrived. Today is Monday.

4-1-24,Byonetta.Mike's.PJ.Mozingo.640.JPG

The Bayonetta may be an even better razor for me that the brass Elite, and that is saying something! I'll test my theory.

Man, this is a nice brush! It features a great Mozingo knot in a Rudy Vey "real" faux ivory Persian Jar.

Willy's (1). Cube/Tube. Mysterium Serum.

Very nice shave this morning.

Happy shaves to you,

Jim

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
April has arrived. Today is Monday.

View attachment 1821719

The Bayonetta may be an even better razor for me that the brass Elite, and that is saying something! I'll test my theory.

Man, this is a nice brush! It features a great Mozingo knot in a Rudy Vey "real" faux ivory Persian Jar.

Willy's (1). Cube/Tube. Mysterium Serum.

Very nice shave this morning.

Happy shaves to you,

Jim
I forget who mentioned it... I'll take a look and see if I can find it.... @JAHE mentioned.. the Timeless bronze razor stand is a close fit for the Elite. I tried mine.. and it works perfectly.

I still haven't done back to back shaves with the brass Elite and the Bayonetta. I did do that with the 2022 SS Elite and the brass Elite. I found the 2022 Elite just a tad smoother, probably because of the rounded off design.

From memory, I do think the Bayonetta is a bit less efficient than the brass Elite. Did you find this to be the case? And perhaps a bit smoother as well?

I am about to order a new bronze Wolfman 3/7 handle with H2 knurling, hollow, 9mm to use with the Bayonetta and the Timeless bronze 0.38. It weighs in around 40 grams. I might even try it out on the brass Elite. I am using a Ti Crown with the SS Elite and love that combination of a stainless steel razor head with a titanium handle.

I also discovered, I don't like the lighter full titanium razors. The light weight feels odd to me and not pleasant. I ordered a new Timeless SS 0.68OC with a Ti Crown handle to replace the entire titanium one. I'll get the Ti razor on BST in a couple days.

I do wish I had ordered a couple handles from Doug.... I expected him to be around for as long as I am... His death shocked me and gave me days of "pause". I think of him fondly almost every day and am very thankful when those who have and love his handles include them in one of their photographs, like you did today, Jim. Thanks for that.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I forget who mentioned it... I'll take a look and see if I can find it.... @JAHE mentioned.. the Timeless bronze razor stand is a close fit for the Elite. I tried mine.. and it works perfectly.

I'll have to check it out, Kim.

Yes, have that stand, but it's being used for the Bronze 38. Still, great idea.

I still haven't done back to back shaves with the brass Elite and the Bayonetta. I did do that with the 2022 SS Elite and the brass Elite. I found the 2022 Elite just a tad smoother, probably because of the rounded off design.

From memory, I do think the Bayonetta is a bit less efficient than the brass Elite. Did you find this to be the case? And perhaps a bit smoother as well?

That's what I thought, too, Kim, until this morning. I'll continue comparing the two razors.

I am about to order a new bronze Wolfman 3/7 handle with H2 knurling, hollow, 9mm to use with the Bayonetta and the Timeless bronze 0.38. It weighs in around 40 grams. I might even try it out on the brass Elite. I am using a Ti Crown with the SS Elite and love that combination of a stainless steel razor head with a titanium handle.

I get it.

I also discovered, I don't like the lighter full titanium razors. The light weight feels odd to me and not pleasant. I ordered a new Timeless SS 0.68OC with a Ti Crown handle to replace the entire titanium one. I'll get the Ti razor on BST in a couple days.

Must be me who is strange. I seem to like heavy razors and also ultra light razors (and ultra light handles).

I do wish I had ordered a couple handles from Doug.... I expected him to be around for as long as I am... His death shocked me and gave me days of "pause". I think of him fondly almost every day and am very thankful when those who have and love his handles include them in one of their photographs, like you did today, Jim. Thanks for that.

My handle, the one I used today, was a surprise gift from Doug. I will always treasure it. It is hard to believe he's gone. Doug was one of the good ones!

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Wednesday. I tried a new razor.

4-3-24.SC:Blue.Mike's.CopMan.640JPG.JPG

It is very hard to be sure which of the baseplates is which but I think I used the one in the middle gap. It was okay. Not great, but okay.

Willy's (3), flipped. Cube/Tube. Mysterium Serum.

Man, this is a great brush!

Happy shaves to you,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I have solved the recent problems at my office. That's the good news.

1712173568101.png

My not very good solution may be temporary. At best, it's the least terrible of the precious few bad solutions we could find.

I tend to try to find the piece of the problem which is my fault, but in this case my only failure was to not have a crystal ball. For a while it felt like we were soon to go over Niagara Falls.

Last night I didn't wake in terror during the wee hours nor did I spend the rest of the night desperately seeking a solution. Instead, a huge clap of thunder woke me at 5:13 this morning. I thought the house had exploded or something. It's great to be dealing with regular stuff such as normal weather again.

Dr. Neuman tried to get me to adopt his views. I was not a good student.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have solved the recent problems at my office. That's the good news.

View attachment 1823130

My not very good solution may be temporary. At best, it's the least terrible of the precious few bad solutions we could find.

I tend to try to find the piece of the problem which is my fault, but in this case my only failure was to not have a crystal ball. For a while it felt like we were soon to go over Niagara Falls.

Last night I didn't wake in terror during the wee hours nor did I spend the rest of the night desperately seeking a solution. Instead, a huge clap of thunder woke me at 5:13 this morning. I thought the house had exploded or something. It's great to be dealing with regular stuff such as normal weather again.

Dr. Neuman tried to get me to adopt his views. I was not a good student.

Happy shaves,

Jim
I was going to ask you about the work issues the other day but thought better of it.... If it hadn't sorted itself out.. or if you hadn't found an adequate or better solution, I was concerned I'd be throwing gasoline on the fire.

I'm relieved to read you figured out a way to survive it, at least.

Top Bottom