What's new

Timeless Slant (Aluminum)

Timeless is offering a slant razor for the very first time...

Blade gap is .86mm... looks like a rather nimble head design.

Cheers!

At $54, Timeless will sell quite a few!

1709403000011.png

Indeed.

I wonder why Timeless doesn't share more details re: overall weight and the handle specs. Or did I just miss them? 🤷‍♂️
I think the handle is the same as their aluminum DE razor, and I imagine the overall weight is very similar if not the same. They list those in the DE description, but to your point I’m not sure why they didn’t include it as well on the slant’s page.

I received their email regarding it's release also. I was tempted to buy one but I already have their Aluminum razor which I like but don't get around to using much anyway. I'll wait on the reviews and show some restraint for once lol. It looks to me like the handle and stand are the same as the original Aluminum just the different head. It looks like a winner and the price is very good!

More and more razor companies are making slant in the recent years and that's both interesting and odd, since I was always left with the impression that the slant lovers are not that many, but the fact that we even have adjustable slants from brands like Rex, HLS and Yaqi, means that more and more people are at least tempted to give them a try.

I don't have very high hopes for this particular model and I will wait for the reviews to see what people thing. It's nice to see that they are finally trying to make their razor heads smaller. I've tried the Timeless .95 a few years ago and I it was decent, but not something I would fall in love with.

Received today, first shave scheduled for tomorrow morning. Looks good, typical excellent Timeless quality. Handle knurling is very slightly sharp; has excellent grip. A very mild slant with the thinnest head I've seen on a slant razor.

20240308_105828.jpg

First shave was impressive.

Don't let the mild specs scare you off, yes this razor is mild but it is also very efficient. It does take a bit of pressure because of the light weight and the negative blade exposure, but this was a comfortable shave and I'm sure this shave will last a good 8 to 10 hours.

I'd say this would be a great travel razor or a good first DE for someone transitioning from cartridge razors.

How would this compare to Mr. Fine Aluminium Slant or the Ikon X3 or 102.

I use the German 37 by Razorock and it is a fabulous Razor. The Rex Consul, the Razorock Slant Offerings, The Yaqi Slope, The DSCosmetic XT as well as the Merkur Slants have been covered a couple of times.

I am keen on knowing more about the other Slants available which aren't covered often like the G.B.S Slant on Amazon or the Pearl Shaving L-65 Slant from India. If anyone has used these, please do share your experience.

How would this compare to Mr. Fine Aluminium Slant or the Ikon X3 or 102.

I use the German 37 by Razorock and it is a fabulous Razor. The Rex Consul, the Razorock Slant Offerings, The Yaqi Slope, The DSCosmetic XT as well as the Merkur Slants have been covered a couple of times.

I am keen on knowing more about the other Slants available which aren't covered often like the G.B.S Slant on Amazon or the Pearl Shaving L-65 Slant from India. If anyone has used these, please do share your experience.

For other Slants, I've only used the Merkur 37C, Ikon B1 Slant, Razorock SuperSlant L2++, Fatip OC Slant, Parker Semi-Slant, and PAA Plastic Slant. I would compare the performance of the Timeless Slant closest to the Parker Semi Slant. It is milder than the Merkur 37C.

Reactions: Kix
For other Slants, I've only used the Merkur 37C, Ikon B1 Slant, Razorock SuperSlant L2++, Fatip OC Slant, Parker Semi-Slant, and PAA Plastic Slant. I would compare the performance of the Timeless Slant closest to the Parker Semi Slant. It is milder than the Merkur 37C.
Which among these was the most efficient for you and yet comfortable?

Which among these was the most efficient for you and yet comfortable?

I'll add that the Ikon B1 slant is the only one I still own, although I do miss the 37C. I think overall the 37C was my favorite slant, I only sold it because I removed all zamak razors from my collection. So I guess the 37C is my answer to your question, although it's possible The SuperSlant would be my answer IF I had bought the L2 instead of the ++, it was a bit too aggressive for my liking.

I'll add that the Ikon B1 slant is the only one I still own, although I do miss the 37C. I think overall the 37C was my favorite slant, I only sold it because I removed all zamak razors from my collection. So I guess the 37C is my answer to your question, although it's possible The SuperSlant would be my answer IF I had bought the L2 instead of the ++, it was a bit too aggressive for my liking.
Thanks for that Buddy. Getting an Ikon nowadays from out of the US is just difficult.

Top Bottom