proxy.php

SOTD 2016-09-24

Hot shower
Gillette Super Speed + Voskhod (4)
Omega 10098 Professional
Brutal Classic cream
Alum block
Brutal Classic aftershave

Great posts and photos today ,gents!Enjoy your Saturday!

$u6Y4MbA.jpg

Sweet and gentle that these steels were combined with soap and Old Spice a pleasure, it still works great vintage

Razor: NAVAJA FILARMONICA Novodur 14
Brush: SEMOGUE Owner Club Cerda
Lather: OLD SPICE Vintage de la Taza
Aftershave: MYRSOL Don Miguel 1919
Addcare: MYRSOL emulsión

SATURDAY SOTD ::::: September 24, 2016

Prep: Hot shower w/Anthony Logistics Glycolic Facial Cleanser
Pre-shave Oil: Maggard Razors Lavender
Soap: Shaver Heaven Illusion
Brush: Semogue 620 Superior Boar 21mm
Razor: Gillette Gold Rocket
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Post Splash: Humphreys Lilac Witch Hazel
After Shave: Italian Barber Eleganza
After Shave Balm: La Toja Classic

$2016-09-24-17-56-52.jpg

Barrister and Mann - Fireside
Ever-Ready 100T | TGN Finest
Gillette 1951 Steel-Handle Black Tip | Gillette 7 O'clock Black (1)
Barrister's Reserve - Spice

proxy.php

After showering with Old Spice Swagger …

Pre-shave: Proraso Green Tea & Oatmeal Pre and Post Shave Cream for Sensitive Skin
Razor: 1961 Gillette 195 Adjustable "Fat Boy” (WTG = 5, XTG = 5 & ATG = 3)
Blade: Treet Platinum (1)
Brush: RazoRock Chubby Extra Silvertip Badger Shaving Brush with Olive Wood Handle
Soap: A super lather with Proraso Green Tea & Oatmeal Soap and Cream
Water: Cold
Alum Block: Yes, with some minor teaching sensations.
Post Shave: Thayer's Witch Hazel with Aloe
Aftershave Balm: Proraso Green Tea & Oatmeal Post Shave Balm for Sensitive Skin
Aftershave: Chiseled Face Groomatorium’s Ghost Town Barber
Result: I wanted to change things up a bit so I grabbed the Proraso that I hadn’t used in months, but clung tightly to the Gillette Fat Boy wubbie and Ghost Town Barber bottle; I had some unjustified, negative, preconceived notions about the Treet Platinum blade that were, for the most part dispelled. Although they were freebies, and I don’t think I would intentionally buy them, combined with all the other elements they provided for a fairly incident-free DFS with only some minor alum block feedback on those parts of the neck. Also, while building the super lather, I wanted it to be just a little colder so, on a whim, I added just a couple of menthol crystals to the mix and was surprised that it actually worked. All said and done, I feel and smell great with a DFS. My wife is at her mother’s, sitting next to her watching the Mississippi State game so, I texted her, “I SMELL LIKE THE SEX YOU WANT!”

$SOTD - 2016-09-24 - Original.jpg

Click here to view quoted image.
Around the world in 1 shave! :thumbup:

Click here to view quoted image.

:thumbup: And all that from the comfort of your bathroom... NICE!!

As you can tell it's a pretty small boar knot and yes it's original, I purchased the brush NOS in a box, it's a pretty tough knot that is very scratchy so I am not gentle with the brush while whipping up a bowl lather and no matter how hard I am on the brush it always seems to go back to it's original shape.

That's very interesting, Will. I've always wondered about that type of knot. I have a Rubberset "Art Deco" and a 400 with a similar knots that I haven't used. I'll give them a try before deciding whether to re-knot.

Badger and Blade Essential boar brush
Czech and Speake Number 88 Shave Soap
Rocket HD/ Med Prep Personna
George F. Trumper Coral Skin Food
Amouage Homage

Date: 24 September 2016

Pre-Shave: - Shower & Musgo Real Classic Scent Pre-Shave Oil Soap
Brush: - Whipped Dog Silvertip in Resin Handle 24/48mm
Lather: - The Body Shop Maca Root Shave Cream
Razor: - RazorRock Old Type Open Comb
Blade: - Feather #1 http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/fear/t3603.gif
Post Shave: - Alum Block / Nivea Sensitive Aftershave Splash & Post Shave Balm
Fragrance: - The Body Shop White Musk For Men EDT

http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/fear/t3601.gif http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/fear/t3603.gif OMG! first time ever using a feather blade on an open comb I thought this blade will give me the worst blood bath shave, and thank goodness I haven't seen Freddy Krueger anywhere while I was shaving with a feather blade. I thought the feather will give me a very bad razor burn, and thank bloody goodness not a single razor burn, irritation or any nicks and cuts, however the Alum Block gave me a very strong sting and it didn't hurt like a real bastard after I apply my aftershave http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/fear/t3601.gif http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/fear/t3603.gif I wonder how long the feather blade will last on my RazorRock Old Type Open Comb ???

Feathers are great blades, at least for me, and Old Type OCs (the original, not the new RazorRock, which I don't have) can be great shavers. For me it's light touch and paying attention. I think you'll get a few more good shave out of it since I believe you're off to a good start!

Thank Ron. To answer your question from last week (sorry I didn't see it), I rate Valobra triple milled soaps in the top 3 soaps I have tried. I can not distinguish any difference in performance between AOS tallow, Valobra brand, and C&S. The only difference is the scents.

That's good to know about the soap performance. Thanks.

Feathers are great blades, at least for me, and Old Type OCs (the original, not the new RazorRock, which I don't have) can be great shavers. For me it's light touch and paying attention. I think you'll get a few more good shave out of it since I believe you're off to a good start!
[MENTION=107139]ronweston[/MENTION] thanks I was scared ****less with a feather blade because a lot of wet shavers say they're SUPER sharp and not smooth.

@ronweston thanks I was scared ****less with a feather blade because a lot of wet shavers say they're SUPER sharp and not smooth.

Some shavers don't like Feathers at all but as it is also said YMMV. I know I didn't want to try the Feather for quite a while but when I did the experience was fine. I've never had a bad shave from a Feather and I've used them quite a bit lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom