What's new

Linux Mint

Okay, have a question. I have an application that I want to use that seems to not want to execute. I am guessing it wants Windows. Is there any way I can make it work do you think?

Okay, have a question. I have an application that I want to use that seems to not want to execute. I am guessing it wants Windows. Is there any way I can make it work do you think?

By the way, it is something on Facebook I am trying to use.

Facebook is just a web app. Most likely it wants a plug in for the browser. What browser are you using? If you're not using it already, try it in Firefox. You may need to install Flash and Java as well.

What are the requirements for running this app? The author should be able to tell you.

If you told us what the app is, maybe someone could help more.

Mandatory new desktop post from Fedora 15. Directly upgraded from Fedora 13 using "preupgrade."

$Fedora15.jpg

I'm having some problems running linux on my new iMac and any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

It's a sound issue. Sound will only come out the internal speakers, it seems oblivious to me plugging in a headphone jack. I've been looking around online for a while but not come up with much aside from one or two others with a similar issue. I've tried linux mint and ubuntu installs and both behave the same, playing around with alsa mixer isn't getting me anywhere fast.

Any ideas what to do or where to look?

Ubuntu and mint are recent issues and the mac is an Intel core i5

Top Bottom