What's new

Which soap for very sensitive skin?

Last Saturday I had the worst shave ever because an allergic reaction to P.160 and still I have the signs of it. Instead of throw it away id like to trade it, along some other Italian stuff like Valobra and Figaro, but which one?

IMPORTANT: answers should indicate soaps that is either for sensitive skin explicitly or that is tested by who has a parfum allergic (specifically to almond scent). I have a light skin very sensible and don't want to risk to trade with a soap that possibly I could not use.

Thank you all for your answers.

PS. I think that I still don't have the prerequisites to post in the s/b/t forum, when I'll match them all I'll link this thread to the trade request.

PPS. Here the sibling post: "Which cream for very sensitive skin?"

Last edited:
For an excellent soap for persons with sensitive skin and allergies, I recommend Mama Bear's unscented soap.

So many soaps out there mate, and everyone's skin is different. Best bet is to try as many as possible. MWF perhaps? Although i'm slightly sensitive to that...

If you can tolerate lanolin, MWF is an excellent choice.
Also Speick is very mild & has soothing agents in it.

Last Saturday I had the worst shave ever because an allergic reaction to P.160 and still I have the signs of it. Instead of throw it away id like to trade it, along some other Italian stuff like Valobra and Figaro, but which one?

IMPORTANT: answers should indicate soaps that is either for sensitive skin explicitly or that is tested by who has a parfum allergic (specifically to almond scent). I have a light skin very sensible and don't want to risk to trade with a soap that possibly I could not use.

Thank you all for your answers.

PS. I think that I still don't have the prerequisites to post in the s/b/t forum, when I'll match them all I'll link this thread to the trade request.

PPS. Here the sibling post: "Which cream for very sensitive skin?"

What is it that your skin doesn't like? I do not have a sensitive skin, but I can not use P.160 either. My skin can not take the almond. Valobra and Figaro would be same story: almond (unless you have Valobra menthol, of course). So my first and very wild guess would be that your skin does not like almond either... Have you tried Proraso / Omega cream/soap?

I had reactions to both MWF and Speick.

I've been okay with any of the mama bear varieties that are essential oil scented or Art of Shaving lavender. Also Proraso sensitive works.

Thank you for your answers. I will look at the soap that you suggested me. I think that some more information are needed. As I said my skin is pretty light, I do not use parfums or deodorants, my deodorant is an alum block. As bath soap I use a Marseilles soap with no scent but I generally use the soap on the public toilettes which are scented instead. I do not have problems with dishes soap but usually I use gloves to wash them.

I do not want to try several soap, I am still a student and I cannot buy many soaps. My everyday soap is Proraso in white tube (for sensitive skin) and as aftershave I use Nivea, always for sensitive skin, or Proraso pre/after shave in the green tube, with menthol and eucalyptus.

What is it that your skin doesn't like? I do not have a sensitive skin, but I can not use P.160 either. My skin can not take the almond. Valobra and Figaro would be same story: almond (unless you have Valobra menthol, of course). So my first and very wild guess would be that your skin does not like almond either... Have you tried Proraso / Omega cream/soap?

Yes, I think that definitely almond scent is to aggressive for me. I will try the Omega cream with lanolin, that will be a test for the Mitchell wool fat soap too.

I forget a couple of thinks. Which soaps are easily found in US stores? I prefer a local soap if possible. What about Williams? I read a lot of it and I am curious to try it, is it aggressive?

Mama bears seams very interesting, now I am curious to try it. Thank you to bladebuff, Kell's Original seams interesting too and cheap.

Now I have to read well all the conditions of the b/s/t forum and match them.

I forget a couple of thinks. Which soaps are easily found in US stores? I prefer a local soap if possible. What about Williams? I read a lot of it and I am curious to try it, is it aggressive?

Are you in the US? If so PM your address and I'll send you a puck of VDH for sensitive skin. I personally VDH is way better than Williams and its available in US drugstores.

Top Bottom