What's new

What TV Series from Your Childhood do you remember?

There was something called the Gale Storm Show. I have very little idea of who Gale Storm was or what went on on that show, although I think I ended up watching it often enough.

Gale Storm was a huge TV star in the early 50s, first in My Little Margie, then The Gale Storm Show (aka Oh! Susanna). She also sang and appeared on variety shows. I remember My Little Margie more than Oh! Susanna. I was more into cowboy shows by her late 50s series.

Gale Storm was a huge TV star in the early 50s, first in My Little Margie, then The Gale Storm Show (aka Oh! Susanna). She also sang and appeared on variety shows. I remember My Little Margie more than Oh! Susanna. I was more into cowboy shows by her late 50s series.
Yeah, Wikipedia told me some of that. It seems to me that some folks from back in that era get mentioned often. Assuming Lucielle Ball, was of a similar era, I guess she would be one who is referred to frequently. I cannot remember the last time Gale Storm came up in anything I was watching or reading! Fame is a strange and fleeting thing.

Born in 57 / Boston Massachusetts..
Listed here are a lot of great ones..
Here are some favorites I don't believe we're listed.
Major Mud (regional only)
BOOMTOWN (regional only)
>>>>Davey and Goliath
Monty Python
Benny Hill Show
F Troop
Mchale's Navy
Get Smart
The Twilight Zone
One Step Beyond
The Outer Limits
Thriller
Night Gallery
My Mother the Car
Mr. ED
The Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau
Petticoat Junction (wanted to see inside the water tower)
MASH
CHEERS
MACGYVER
÷BFX

Last edited:
I’ll never forget the Twilight Zone episode with William Shatner on the airplane. Every time I get a window seat on a flight I open the window shade very gingerly in case that white monkey is out there.
Oh yes!

That was "Nightmare At 20,000 Feet" and it was remade rather well in Speilberg and Landis's 1983 anthology "Twilight Zone: The Movie" which featured six episodes.

I recall Flipper, Skippy (The Bush Kangaroo) very vaguely Fireball XL5 and quite vividly Stingray.

I absolutely recall the theme tunes and words wherein of all these series, with exception of Fireball XL5.

There are a ton more, but that should do for now. Oh and Catweasel was excellent.
Skippy. Absolutely loved that show.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Phil:
Besides my Saturday mourning favorites;

proxy.php
"TV is chewing gum for the eyes". Frank Lloyd Wright

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Phil:
Also, I believe my favorite TV series as a kid (after changing my 'school' clothes for 'play' [yeah...jeans w/ ironed-on patches] clothes & doing my 'chores' & homework), were;

...I 'sooo' wanted to be a Fireman!

...and at the same time...I 'sooo' wanted to be a Michigan State Policeman.

proxy.php
"Television is simply automated day-dreaming". Lee Lovinger

Last edited by a moderator:

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom