What's new

In search of an almond sized spoon

I’ve searched for the perfect spoon to scoop out an almond sized snurdle from a tub of cream/Croat, and until now had given up. I purchased a set of makeup spoons from Amazon, but they are too small.

Today I saw a video on Geofatboy’s YouTube channel where he was gifted a mustard spoon. It was just the right size. That has caused me to resume my search. Amazon is not much help because they don’t give dimensions of the bowl. The closest I’ve found is this:

I can’t go to an antique shop or thrift store because I’m in one of the COVID19 high risk groups.

What to you ladies and gents use and where did you get it?

I’ve searched for the perfect spoon to scoop out an almond sized snurdle from a tub of cream/Croat, and until now had given up. I purchased a set of makeup spoons from Amazon, but they are too small.

Today I saw a video on Geofatboy’s YouTube channel where he was gifted a mustard spoon. It was just the right size. That has caused me to resume my search. Amazon is not much help because they don’t give dimensions of the bowl. The closest I’ve found is this:

I can’t go to an antique shop or thrift store because I’m in one of the COVID19 high risk groups.

What to you ladies and gents use and where did you get it?
Just one possible suggestion... Try looking for a baby-spoon. I'm thinking the size should be close to what you're looking for.

I also just watched the same video. I've been using a disposable plastic spoon from KFC, but, now would order a cheap shovel dessert spoon from China through Shopee.

chrome_THSEVt4Rwa.png

Why make a statement asking if a demitasse spoon is too small? How would he know if he never thought of using the utensil? Have you used one?

That is what I have always used. It is just about perfect for scraping or digging/gouging, if you prefer, shaving soap out of the container. I prefer using a scraping method myself rather than “gouging” out an almond sized sample. My demitasse spoon is almond sized.

Make sure whatever you select that it has enough backbone behind the utensil to get the job done. Some things are just not put together like they used to be...

Last edited:
Why make a statement asking if a demitasse spoon is too small? How would he know if he never thought of using the utensil? Have you used one?

That is what I have always used. It is just about perfect for scraping or digging/gouging, if you prefer, shaving soap out of the container. I prefer using a scraping method myself rather than “gouging” out an almond sized sample. My demitasse spoon is almond sized.

Make sure whatever you select that it has enough backbone behind the utensil to get the job done. Some things are just not put together like they used to be...
No, I've never used a demi-tasse spoon for shaving soap; that's why I asked (no statement) wether the spoon might not be the right size.

I use an espresso spoon for creams and soaps. The scoop part of the spoon is 2cm by 4cm. For soaps I use it to scrape out some soaps when I bowl lather. I have been using this for years. It also works fine for creams.

1607188136403.png

For packing up lots of samples off all different soaps for the soap sample passaround I'd use some plastic ice cream sample spoons. I have a bunch of them that someone donated to another passaround I was doing a while back. It made it easier as I could use twenty different spoons to fill then clean them all up at one time when I was done. If you type in ice cream sample spoons on Amazon you can get like a hundred of them in all different colors for about six bucks.

If you're looking for one really nice spoon then I like the salt spoon idea that Steve posted above. You could look for infant feeding spoons as well as they would be smaller than a normal spoon and you might be able to find something really nice in silver, be it antique or new.

I’m not even sure what a demitasse is. I live in Oklahoma, I don’t think we have demitasse here, whatever it is.

For packing up lots of samples off all different soaps for the soap sample passaround I'd use some plastic ice cream sample spoons. I have a bunch of them that someone donated to another passaround I was doing a while back. It made it easier as I could use twenty different spoons to fill then clean them all up at one time when I was done. If you type in ice cream sample spoons on Amazon you can get like a hundred of them in all different colors for about six bucks.

If you're looking for one really nice spoon then I like the salt spoon idea that Steve posted above. You could look for infant feeding spoons as well as they would be smaller than a normal spoon and you might be able to find something really nice in silver, be it antique or new.
We have a baby spoon, but it looks too big. Maybe I’m being too picky.

Top Bottom