What's new

Brick and Mortar Stores in the Greater Tampa Bay Area

What stores do you know of that stock shaving supplies in the greater Tampa Bay area of Florida? Here are the ones I know of:

Nordstrom
Caswell-Massey
L'Occitane
Crabtree & Evelyn (there are 2 of these)
Carr Barber Supply (see here and here)

I'm especially interested in independent stores rather than the big chains that just carry their own brand of shaving cream/soap/aftershave.

I've also found a small soap maker that seems to make a decent shaving soap (though I should note that it's the only one I've used). The place is called Two Palm Soaps and it's located in Dunedin, FL on Main Street (State Road 580). They have a web site that has information about what goes into their soaps (all natural stuff with the exception of some of the scents) as well as a lot of soaps listed for sale on there, but they do not have their shaving soaps listed as of September 3, 2008. Her stock varies, so send her an email to find out what she currently has or to make a request. When I was there 3 weeks ago she had sandalwood, bay rum and something else. She also had a batch of mint curing (which I'll be picking up this weekend), and took a request from me to make a batch of lime.

Great little shop.

There is a place on Dale Mabry that sells T&H. It has Tralfagar, Grafton, 1805 and Unscented. I also saw some T&H shave brushes, but didn't bother looking at them.

Here is the info.

Kirby's Menswear
1707 S. Dale Mabry
Tampa FL 33629

I was in the International Plaza the other day and the Caswell-Massey is no longer there. It is being replaced with another store.

I recently purchased some Akka Kappa 1869 cream from www.mensdirect.com and noticed on their website that they are located in St. Petersburg, FL.

I contacted them and was informed that their warehouse is located at Albert Whitted Airport in downtown St. Petersburg. There is a small retail store located there as well. This is a first for St. Petersburg and I plan on visiting the store after the first of the year. The address is 107 8th Ave. S., St. Petersburg,. FL and their telephone number is (727) 827-2972.

I recently purchased some Akka Kappa 1869 cream from www.mensdirect.com and noticed on their website that they are located in St. Petersburg, FL.

I contacted them and was informed that their warehouse is located at Albert Whitted Airport in downtown St. Petersburg. There is a small retail store located there as well. This is a first for St. Petersburg and I plan on visiting the store after the first of the year. The address is 107 8th Ave. S., St. Petersburg,. FL and their telephone number is (727) 827-2972.

Thanks for that info. Incidentally, you can get an EJ Best Badger on that site for $25 plus whatever their shipping is. That is a good deal! All of their EJ products are 22% off. Look at the 12 Days of Christmas promotion page and use the correct coupon code...

Great information. Anyone know of anything a bit further south of Tampa? I am in the Fort Myers/Naples area and looking for a local shop or 2 to peruse of but haven't located anything yet. Might have to make a trip up to the Tampa/St. Pete area in the next couple of months if there is nothing closer to me.

Great information. Anyone know of anything a bit further south of Tampa? I am in the Fort Myers/Naples area and looking for a local shop or 2 to peruse of but haven't located anything yet. Might have to make a trip up to the Tampa/St. Pete area in the next couple of months if there is nothing closer to me.

If you learn anything let us know. I drive thrugh the Fort Myers/Naples area on the way to the East Coast of FL a few times a year.

The only thing I've found so far is that there is a crabtree and evelyn at the coconut point mall but I haven't been to it yet to see what they carry in store I've only looked at what they have online so far. If I find anything else I'll let you know.

Another C&E at Miromar Outlets. I got my Sandalwood soap there with a wooden bowl for $12 before it disappeared. Whole Foods down on 41 in Naples has KMF products. Kiehl's (doesn't appeal to me) at Sak's in Bell Tower Shops on 41 in Naples. I thought I would find some higher end stuff in Naples at Waterside Shops but found nothing. AOS stuff at Nordstrom's at Coconut Point, if I remember correctly. Still searching.

Tabac in the bowl is available in a boutique on Venice Avenue in Venice.

Thanks for the leads, guys. I work between CoCoPo and Miromar, so I'll stop by and see what there is to be seen. Anyone know where to get a good hot shave or traditional barber cut in the Lee/Collier/Charlotte area?

Another C&E at Miromar Outlets. I got my Sandalwood soap there with a wooden bowl for $12 before it disappeared. Whole Foods down on 41 in Naples has KMF products. Kiehl's (doesn't appeal to me) at Sak's in Bell Tower Shops on 41 in Ft. Myers. I thought I would find some higher end stuff in Naples at Waterside Shops but found nothing. AOS stuff at Nordstrom's at Coconut Point, if I remember correctly. Still searching.

Tabac in the bowl is available in a boutique on Venice Avenue in Venice.

Edited to correct location.

This thread makes me wish I still lived in the area. There is absolutely nothing in my new neck of the woods. Bummer!

Top Bottom