What's new

TABAC shaving soap in Sydney!

Hey guys!

I'm looking for TABAC shaving soap in Sydney, Australia. I've been doing my research for some soaps online, and would like to give the TABAC soap a try...the soap in the ceramic casing...

If anyone knows where i can find this let me know!! If no one knows of a shop, do you know a reliable place online that can deliver to Sydney? Preferably an online store in Sydney that stores this particular soap?

Thanks!

Metta

Steve

Steve, I've looked all over for someone that sells Tabac soap in Oz with no luck! qedusa.com sells Tabac soap in the ceramic bowl along with refills only. I am 99% sure Jim will ship to Australia. I have never used them, but alot of people on this site highly recommend them. Hope this helps

Sorry not form Australia, but you need to find a way to get Tabac, it is worth it. The smell is great and the lather and performance are just awesome. I picked mine up off Amazon.com, maybe you can find an international dealer their. QED is good doing business with so ask them as well. I hope you can find it and not spend a fortune. Good luck!

I agree; you do need to find a way to get Tabac... its wonderful.

QED has it. You could also try www.emsplace.com and www.parfum1.com. Both provide excellent service, and probably ship to Australia.

It may sound nit-picky, but Tabac's bowl is opaque glass, not ceramic like many people believe.

Don

Emsplace does not ship internationally.

Parfum1 does, however. Currently they seem to be out of the Tabac in the glass bowl, though.

You guys are all AWESOME! I'm going to look into all the sites you guys recommended...

Thanks again...

Can't wait!

Steve

I was keen to get hold of Tabac soap and even went as far as contacting the company that makes it: Meeurer + Wirtz in Germany. They gave me the details of their Australian distributor. Wilfrid Owen (Sales) PTY LTD. 16/167 Prospect Highway, Seven Hills 2147 NSW Phone: 029-674-2100. I contacted them and was told that they don't stock it. Maybe if they get enough phone calls they will.

You can purchase Tabac cream here. It is an ok product, but nothing like a Gilchrist Six. And I now understand that the scent of the cream is similar to the soap, so I'm not in a rush to chase down the soap after all.

Meanwhile, there are quite a few good soaps that you can get locally. Check out this thread, you may find it of some use (yes, I know it says Victoria, but we hijacked it pretty quickly).

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=37080

Cheers

Jeremy

If it weren't for us Victorians, you New South Welshmen really would be lost, wouldn't you?

I ordered Tabac from FragranceNet (that link starts with the cologne but scroll down to get to the soap) and they shipped to Melbourne no problems.
And as others have said, Tabac is a sensational soap.

Thanks for the link. A bit strange though. The blurb is about the soap (way overpriced) and the pic shows the cologne.

Cheers

Jeremy

Hey guys,

yeah, that was one of the reasons i didn't go with that site...seems weird that they've got the wrong picture up...

FragranceNet.com
is cheaper too...as long as it actually gets to Australia i'll be happy with it...they've sent me consistent updates as to what is going on with the product:
i.e:
1. Confirmation of my order with a receipt
2. "order in warehouse" confirmation
3. tracking number - order shipped - International

The item no. for the soap is 141045 for TABAC ORIGINAL by Maurer & Wirtz SHAVING SOAP BOWL 4.4 OZ

it cost $15.89 and shipping was $11.95 = $27.84 USD all up.

which isn't too bad...

I'll let you guys know if i get it!! Hopefully it doesn't take 6 months to get here!

Happy shaving

Steve

Looks like some Tabac products have made it to Sydney. I purchased a bottle of Tabac after shave lotion (3.4 Oz / 100 mil) this afternoon at Perfumemart, near the corner of Market Street and Pitt Street Mall. $15.95

Cheers

Jeremy

Top Bottom