What's new

Discussion thread for Trumper Spanish Leather review

Nice review, Howard. Personally I don't care for it as the soapy thing doesn't agree with me, but it is clearly a classic scent that many gentlemen enjoy.

Good review, but not for me. There is a soapiness in the Trumper offering that drives me nuts. Right now, I prefer the Truefitt and Hill version if I want a Spanish Leather. YMMV and all that, of course. :wink:

Dennis

I tried to like this alot but I can't. It doesn't have exceptional staying power and to me, there isn't that intangible thing that makes it unique. When I get a jones for leather type scent, I reach for my bottle of Knize Ten. To me this Trumper SL scent is only an average one that keeps it in the middle of the pack.

Because this is such a subjective thing, YMMV really applies.

-Scott-

I've only tried a few samples as well. I like it better than the bottle of T & H SL. I think it has a sweeter fragrance than the T & H.

I'm hoping to get one for my Christmas/birthday.

There used to be a Donna Karan fragrance that reminded me of leather and pipe tobacco. Sadly they discontinued it. A leather only scent will do and I really liked the T&H sample, as did SWMBO. I'm really keen to get myself a leather EDC/EDT/AS.

Are there any other good leather scents out there except the T&H and GFT ones mentioned here?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
There used to be a Donna Karan fragrance that reminded me of leather and pipe tobacco. Sadly they discontinued it. A leather only scent will do and I really liked the T&H sample, as did SWMBO. I'm really keen to get myself a leather EDC/EDT/AS.

Are there any other good leather scents out there except the T&H and GFT ones mentioned here?
Thanks in advance for your replies.

Knize 10 has a significant leather (and tobacco) element to it, so perhaps try a sample of that! It's quite a love or hate cologne, so a sample may be best ... :lol:

Can you compare Trumpers SL to "English Leather" at all?

English Leather is the only leather scent I've given a go, and I didn't like it too much (good thing I only paid 3 bucks for it). It was very elderly gentleman-ish, which doesn't jive for me cause I'm 30.

I am 31 and this is one of my favorite fragrances. I do not think it smells "Old" if anything it is a timeless classic smell. I get many compliments on this fragrance when I wear it.

I tried this for the first time today and, to my surprise, I found it rather unpleasant. It opened with a nasty lime note that really put me off, and I didn't care much for the dry-down either. Disappointing.

Top Bottom