What's new

NSC/Schick Injector Comparo discussion thread

Very nice review Scotto, by coincidence I had my first Injector shave this morning! I picked up a Schick from a fellow B&B member. He provided me with some cut down feather blades. I will have to try the Schick blades next, but this was quite a close shave rivaling a slant bar for me.

Thanks

I notice in those closeups of the heads, that besides the safety bar gap issue, the metal work on the Schick is head and shoulders better that the NWC. The edges are cleaner and smoother, the grooves in the bar are more evenly cut. It just generally looks like a much better made device. The slightly cheap looking plastic handle aside. Considering that one of these on ebay is so much cheaper than the NWC....

I'll throw in some guesswork and say that the folks at NWC worked to some schematics of an injector, but didn't talk to anyone who actually used one. If they had, they may have realized how important the rigidity and centrality of the blade holding mechanism is. As it is, with the thin metal there, it is very shoddy.

Yeah, I seriously doubt their business model involves careful analysis, focus group work with testors, trial and error product development process to perfect a product, or anything else remote similar.

Nice one Scotto.

Im glad I didnt go ahead with the group deal not that they were decent enough to let B&B know that the deal was only valid to USA ? if im mistaken excuse me since I havent followed that thread for ages. Also I read lots of weird customer reports like just throwing the razor in a big box and ship it out like that that is no way to deal with clients and I would rather call clients family members because that is what wetshaving is all about we are all one big family and you wouldnt pull a #$%##@ stunt like that to your own blood right ? or send out products with fingerprints on them thats just not prof. in my vision.
anyways like Scotto im not a big fan of Injectors I use a Schicks Golden 500 injector with Schick blades mainly for quick touch ups on the upper lip.

Really a shame.... it appears as though the one I received was quite a bit different. Maybe the "prototypes" stood for "not a ***".

Sorry :frown: :thumbdown

Scotto:

Your experience is the same as mine. I wouldn't trade my G1 for a truckload of NC fixed-head injectors.

As I've said before, the NC injector debacle (and I think it does qualify as a debacle) is a sad testament to what could have been. I think all of us would have paid a few bucks more for a well-built razor (fortunately, I got a deal on mine from another B&B member).

I also have the NC adjustable and think it is a much better razor than the fixed-head, but still a *** when compared to the quality of the Schick products. The adjustable has a sturdier head and better metalwork, but still suffers from quality problems (the safety bar does not always adjust straight and the adjustment mechanism is not sturdy and can be easily damaged by overturning (you can actually overadjust it to the point where plastic grinds off of the internal dial if you're not careful)).

I am a big fan of the injector razors and have about 7 en route from e-bay vendors, including some of the original adjustables. If I get a chance, I may do a comparison.

Joel, as for an apology, I think its fair to say that you were duped/misled by a prototype that was much better built than the production models. Its likely that NC made little effort to make sure that production models were built to the same standard as the prototype.

Top Bottom