What's new

Discusion thread for Corn Husker's Lotion Review

I have used this stuff on my hands in the past never thought about using it on my face after I shave. I always did kinda like the smell. Man you can learn alot on this forum.:001_tongu

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
On those occasions when I absolutely rip myself to shreds, I reach for the Corn Huskers. It does a good job of soothing a shattered face (and ego). It's also one of the cheapest balms around.

9/10 for moisturizing? this stuff has alcohol denat as its second ingredient....
I guess u have oily skin...

I remember using this stuff on my hands decades ago. It was thick and sticky and never penetrated the skin - would wash off hours later. Has it been improved?

jim

I haven't seen Corn Huskers in quite some time. I used to use it every day (my boss said it made me smell like a fat lady, whatever that means). It is an excellent lotion for daily use.

I also used Dr. Tichenor's (mouthwash and antiseptic). Those were the two brands guaranteed to be in my medicine cabinet. (and some Burma-Shave soap, so, three brands).

I have tried this stuff as a base under the lather for each pass and I think it delivers very favorable results, especially on the final ATG pass. And the best thing about it is that it's oil free and rinses off very easily with plain water. It doesn't clog up the razor and doesn't leave an annoying slimy ring around the sink like the oils do. Will I use it with every shave? No. Will I use it occassionally to reduce the chance of razor burn? You bet!!

I have been using it for several weeks, ever since I saw it mentioned in one of Mantic's YouTube videos. It works great, better than just about anything I've tried.

Tim

i have a question on how to use this as a preshave. are you supposed to get your face really wet, then put on the corn huskers, then lather? or do you just put the corn huskers on a dry face before lathering? thanks.

When I use it I spread it generously onto a wet face then lather up on top of it. I put some more on before re-lathering after each pass. Stuff works!!!!!

I grabbed up some of this at Wally Market for around three bucks, and I'm thrilled with how it works. It rocks!:a5:

I read the review of Cornhusker's and had my doubts. I remember my dad using it and he had some very thick, calloused hands. That what I associate the stuff with, men who need an industrial strength lotion to smooth out hands that are used to hard work.

There is, however, a great, collective wisdom on this site, so I bought some and used it. Just a dab, a tiny, little bit. It was fantastic, better than the aloe vera gel I often use, at least for winter use here in Houston. For the summer, it may be too much, but for now I will use it until the weather really heats up.

I just picked some up becuase its almost the same as skin food without pay $22+ for. I put mine in a smaller bottle and cut it with alittle witchazel, My face was dry in spots so I throw some on tonight and worked GREAT!!

Can't wait till moring to use before my finial pass and after to keep my skin from drying out, It does not smell great but not bad more like baby powder.

But for $4 at CVS for 7oz its better then paying way more for a big name brand that does the same as this stuff.

use a dime size amount ,splash some witch hazel into your palm rub well and massage into face.works very good and the powder scent leaves shortly there after.

use a dime size amount ,splash some witch hazel into your palm rub well and massage into face.works very good and the powder scent leaves shortly there after.
Somewhere around the internet I've seen this Rx for DIY ASB:
2 parts CHL
2 parts Aloe Vera Gel
1 part Witch Hazel

From some of the comments above, sounds like this might work. I couldn't find any "pure" AV gel locally (only stuff that had lots of other ingredients mixed in) so I've ordered some.

I'd like to get some Bay Rum scent to put into it! Have to go look around for some.

Top Bottom