What's new

Badger & Blade Official One Year Anniversary/Thousandth Member Contest Extravaganza

Gents (and Ladies),

In just the last few weeks, we've hit several important milestones. We passed 50,000 posts, we saw our thousandth member join, and just a week ago, we officially turned one year old. In accordance with wet shaving tradition, when we do something, we like to do it right, and celebrating all B&B has become in just one year is no exception.

As a show of appreciation for all that you, the members have made B&B in just one year, the mods are throwing a birthday giveaway. With a lot of determination, and a lot of prizes donated by many very generous vendors, we've come up with a contest that should help feed the scad of many members for a price we don't often see in our community... free!

How to win:

The entry process is incredibly simple. All you have to do is post once in this thread: B&B Official Contest Entry Thread, and state your intention. Then, send an email with your name, address, and username to: [email protected] (please also put your username in the Subject). None of your personal information will be used for anything other than the contest, and all information sent to the above email address will be deleted once the contest is over. That's all there is to it! Then you can sit back, cross your fingers, and hope your name gets picked.

Thanks again everybody, now, on to what everyone's interested in...

The loot:

B&B is giving away 83 individual prizes for a prize pool with a retail value of over $2,900. Below are the prizes B&B members can win:

From QED:

One Savile Row 3226 26mm Silver Tip Badger Brush

qed.jpg

From Gents LLC:

Three customized skincare packages each including:
  • One Earth Science Shave Cream
  • One Travel Size Osea Cleanser (type based upon each winner's skin type
  • One Sample of Mouthwash
  • One Sample of Shampoo
  • One Sample of Aftershave or Moisturizer
gents_prize1.jpg
gents_prize2.jpg

From Shavemac:

One Olive Wood Four Piece Shaving Set which includes:​
  • One Olive Wood 23mm Silver Tip Badger Brush​
  • One Olive Wood Mach 3 Razor​
  • One Stand with Bowl​
  • One Cake of Shaving Soap​
shavemac_prize.jpg

One set of:​
  • One Merkur Progress Razor with​
  • One 10 Pack of Merkur DE Blades​
nashville_prize.jpg

From Green Pond:

Eight Individual Prizes of One Green Pond's Sandalwood Classic Shaving Cream Tub Each​

gp.gif

One customized set (with the winner's choice of over 200 fragrances) of:
  • One Goats Milk Bath Soap
  • One Shower Gel
  • One Shampoo
  • One Shaving Soap
hb_1.jpg
hb_2.jpg
hb_3.jpg
hb_4.jpg

From MenEssentials:

Four Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort Gift Sets consisting of:​
  • One Ultimate Comfort Shave Cream
  • One Ultimate Comfort Aftershave Balm
  • One Pure badger hair shave brush
  • One Ebony brush stand (plastic, for bath or shower)
me.jpg

Seven sets of:​
  • One Super Shape SPF 15 Sampler​
  • One Oil Free Moisturizer Sampler​
  • One Face Wash Sampler​
  • One Skin Toner Facial Scrub Sampler​
  • One Super Close Shave Formula Sampler​
  • One After Shave Balm Sampler​
  • Choice of one full sized bottle of: Daily Protein Shampoo, Invigorating Body Wash - Bergamot Pear, Or Invigorating Body Wash - Italian Lime​
baxter_foilpacks.jpg
baxter_body.jpg
baxter_shampoo.jpg
baxter_bodywash.jpg

One hand made Moss Scuttle.

moss.jpg

One set of:
  • One Badger & Blade Bay Rum with a Twist
  • One Shaving Soap in a Stainless Steel Bowl
  • One Shaving Cream
  • One Eau de Toilette
scs_bayrumtwist.jpg
scs_cream.jpg
scs_soap.jpg

Three individual prizes (each winner receives one of the following):
  • One Simpsons Duke #2 in Best Badger
  • One #334 Merkur HD Razors, with one pack of blades.
  • One #334 Merkur HD Razors, with one pack of blades.
lee_1.jpg
lee_2.jpg
lee_3.jpg

6 prizes of one handmade shaving soap each (winner's choice).

mamabear.jpg

From MaleFace:

One Ultimate Travel Kit which includes:
  • One Premium Nylon Hanging Bag
  • One Deep Cleansing Face Scrub
  • One Vitamin Rich Shave Cream
  • One Rejuvenating Moisture Cream
  • Rejuvenating Moisture Cream with SPF 15
  • One MaleFace One Shampoo/Conditioner
  • One C-Sport Face and Body Wash
  • One MaleFace Razor Bump Remedy
  • One SPF 15 Lip Balm
  • One spEYE Rejuvenating Eye Gel For Men
And five additional prizes, each of which includes:
  • One Shave Cream, and
  • One Razor Bump Remedy
maleface_1.jpg
maleface_2.jpg
maleface_3.jpg

Three prizes, each winner gets one of the following:
  • One Edwin Jagger Chatsworth Richmond Chrome Safety Razor
  • One Edwin Jagger Bulbous Richmond Gold and Chrome Mach 3 Razor
  • One Edwin Jagger Diffusion 3 Piece Set & One Edwin Jagger Almond Shaving Cream
ej_1.jpg
ej_2.jpg
ej_3.jpg
ej_4.jpg

Three individual prizes (each winner receives one of the following):
  • One Face Tools Granular Scrub, with a sample container of Colorescience’s Mineral Sunscreen
  • One Face Tools Cleanse n’ Shave, with a sample container of Colorescience’s Mineral Sunscreen
  • One Face Tools Daily Defense, with a sample container of Colorescience’s Mineral Sunscreen.
appearances.jpg

One 20mm Best Badger Brush.

superior.jpg

Eight individual prizes (each winner receives one of the following):
letterk.jpg
scotto.jpg
bbdvd.jpg

Five prizes, each including:
  • One One Pound bag of coffee, and
  • One Ristretto Roasters coffee mug
rr.jpg

20 prizes of Nomad Men's Shaving Cream

ce.jpg

The Fine Print:
  • Each person (or home, or family) can post in the contest entry thread only once (you may however, post all the comments and questions you'd like in this thread). Posting more than once in the entry thread, or entering with multiple usernames may lead to disqualification (at the discretion of the mods).
  • The contest will end at 8:59 PM PDT on September 10th, at which time, the contest entry thread will be locked. The post number (located in the upper-right corner of each post) will then be used as your official entry number. Winning numbers will be generated randomly by using http://random.org.
  • Winners will be notified via PM, and will have 48 hours to respond. In the event the winner doesn't respond, a new winner for that prize will be chosen.
  • It is important to note that due to the way the forum software operates, if ineligible posts are deleted, your post number may change several times up until the time shortly before the winning numbers are drawn.
  • Each member may win only one prize.
  • Only registered users with 10 posts at the time the contest ends are eligible.
  • Moderators and vendors are not eligible.
  • Shipping is free for winners within the United States. Winners must pay for the difference for prizes shipped to Canada (upon the vendor's request). Winners must pay for the full shipping costs for prizes shipped outside the U.S. and Canada (upon the vendor's request).
  • Pictures above are for illustrative purposes. Not all prizes will be the same as what's pictured.
Make sure to check back in as this thread will be updated when we receive additional prizes to give away.

Lastly and most importantly, have fun! It is a party after all. We'd like to thank all of you members that have made B&B what it is, and all of the vendors who have generously donated their products (as well as shipping expenses). If you're a lucky winner, and would like to show your appreciation, feel free to post in either the review section, or the forums about your prize (at the least, there should be quite a few new acquisition posts :wink: ).

-The B&B Mods

apathos said:
If posting in the entry thread brings my post count to 10, is that ok?

Looks like you're at 11, so you're good anyway. :wink:

But, to answer your questions, all you need is ten posts, counting one post in the entry thread is just fine.

-Nick

Hi guys,

This thread has been updated to add ten more prizes to the pool. Five one ounce bottles of that manly, put hair on your chest Original B&B (as offered through the BBDC), and five prizes of one pound of primo, great smelling coffee each with a Ristretto Roasters mug from Ristretto Roasters, a premium coffee house in Oregon owned and operated by one of B&B's own.

That brings the total prize count up to 58... Mighty good odds, I'd say, so if you haven't entered yet (or if you haven't submitted your email), you better get to it!

Good luck everybody!

:thumbup1:

-Nick

Friendly heads up everybody:

All emails received so far have been verified, and noted in each of your entry posts. Please check to make sure that your post reflects that your email has been received. If it doesn't, it means either your email wasn't received, or it didn't contain all of the necessary info (several forgot to include their shipping addresses).

Thanks guys,

-Nick

Count me in....

I gennerally don't post, just read what's there, and find answers to my
questions before asking....

I'll get my count up for this great drawing however....:rolleyes:

Get excited guys..... there should be 20 more prizes added to the contest shortly! The odds are increasing! With 78 or so prizes and under 200 entries.... that makes for awful damn good odds! :thumbup:

This is an AWESOME contest, I am really really excited and my intention is to umm...win something? =)

Email sent with user name, name and address. Thank you guys for the contiunue IV Drip feeding my Shave Stuff Aquisition Disorder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again, please read the rules as to where you're supposed to post your entry. Nick, can we lock this thread?

letterk said:
Again, please read the rules as to where you're supposed to post your entry. Nick, can we lock this thread?

Shhhhh....

Let 'em think they're entering in THIS post.....

It makes better odds for me winning something if they do...:biggrin:

=======================================================

The Fine Print:

* Each person (or home, or family) can post in the contest entry thread only once (you may however, post all the comments and questions you'd like in this thread). Posting more than once in the entry thread, or entering with multiple usernames may lead to disqualification (at the discretion of the mods).

========================================================

Just a quick update guys. Joel wasn't kidding when he said get excited. Crabtree & Evelyn has jumped into the fray and donated 20 tubs of their superb Nomad Shaving Cream!

:drool:

-Nick

Nick said:
Friendly heads up everybody:

All emails received so far have been verified, and noted in each of your entry posts. Please check to make sure that your post reflects that your email has been received. If it doesn't, it means either your email wasn't received, or it didn't contain all of the necessary info (several forgot to include their shipping addresses).

Thanks guys,

-Nick
I just sent anothe email. I had all of the correct info but used "contest" (I think) in the subject line instead of my user name. Hope it's still in on time.

Just a heads up, the contest entry thread has been updated to reflect the emails received and is current as of 9:50am PDT. If you don't see your pots as being edited, make sure you get your email in as there isn't much time left!

-Nick

Top Bottom