What's new

Wow, shave sticks are tiny

Those are 2 very good sticks! Enjoy them! Every time I use the Arko I'm blown away by the lather. You could shave a lifetime for under $100 with a DE razor and an Arko stick, but who wants to do that?!

Those are 2 very good sticks! Enjoy them! Every time I use the Arko I'm blown away by the lather. You could shave a lifetime for under $100 with a DE razor and an Arko stick, but who wants to do that?!

I started out trying to save money.... that hasn't worked out so well :lol:

You think Arko is small? Check out this stick from a German travel kit I found.

proxy.php

proxy.php
]

proxy.php

All kidding aside, They do seem a little small when you first get them. I just got my first stick of Irich Moos and I love the lager surface area, not so much the scent though. I have to admit, I use my Arko sticks more on the side than the top. I cut my last stick in half length wise and rubbed the long end over my face. I like it better like that for some reason.

I've seen big Tabac sticks, and small Palmolive, Valobra, Speick, Arko, La Toja, and D.R. Harris - but what's this BIG D.R. Harris you speak of? Also, looks like the TOBS sticks are larger.

Used the Speick shave stick this morning. This little think is amazing! a few swipes around the wet stubble, work it with a wet badger, and I hade enough for 3 great passes :w00t:

Now how do you guys store it? The foil it's wrapped in is pretty thin to say the least.

Used the Speick shave stick this morning. This little think is amazing! a few swipes around the wet stubble, work it with a wet badger, and I hade enough for 3 great passes :w00t:

Now how do you guys store it? The foil it's wrapped in is pretty thin to say the least.

I just lay it in a drawer on it's foiled end.

Didn't Tabac last 146 shaves for the famous thread? That is an impressive instance of YMMV.

146?! That would be something. No, Tabac really did only 55 shaves for me. I used it once or twice before october, then I joined in for Tabac october. My october month lasted till november 22nd, then my stick was gone. So that makes 53 plus one or two shaves, total as I said 55 shaves. That is quite normal for me as a 75 grams stick (ARKO or Vergulde Hand) will last me about 40-45 shaves. Tabac is 100 grams.

Top Bottom