What's new

Saint Charles Shave - Almond Shaving soap discussion thread

Sue's Almond was one of the first soaps I bought and it is still a favorite in my rotation. The lather comes easily and i svery slick, but I do need a little extra moisturization after the shave. That's my only knock on the soap and it's not a big one. Getting this soap and a wooden bowl for $11.95 is a no brainer. Intense almond smell and a great shave.

Contrary to some of the gents here, I think it's one of the better shave soaps available. For the price you can't lose.

Interesting..... soaps are VERY water dependent.... try using sue's soap with bottled water and see what happens... i'd wager you'd get surprisingly good results. Not to say this is something you would do daily - but it would be interesting to see if that were the limiting factor.

I get a great lather out of this stuff, but I don't care too much for the scent. Then again, I'm not much of an almond fan anyway.

do the SCS soaps require the same amount of water as her creams? I know that her creams use up a lot of water.

Wow...talk about a blast from the past...the last post on this was four years ago!! :lol:

Sue's soaps are great and dont require any more water than the average soap in my opinion. I'm particularly fond of Aspect...very woodsy!

Wow...talk about a blast from the past...the last post on this was four years ago!! :lol:

Sue's soaps are great and dont require any more water than the average soap in my opinion. I'm particularly fond of Aspect...very woodsy!

There have been a lot of these recently. Do people not check post dates? :lol:

Top Bottom