What's new

Discussion of TGQ Orange Patchouli Review

I have this soap and it's wonderful. As said in the review the most striking thing about it is the 'orangey' scent, it smells superb but I couldn't use it every day as it's just a little too 'orangey' for my tastes. Most days I prefer something more subtle like Tabac or L'Occitane CADE, but I love to slot this in to the rotation occasionally.

Even at twice the price I'd say this would still be good value, and as an aside every time I've ordered from Colleen she's put a few small samples of her other products in the package for me to try. :smile:

:thumbup:

I got to try this soap before you could buy it. I've tested several of Colleen's products, and this, along with Desert Ironwood, are my favorites. I'm curious, is your problem with the lather that is is too wet, too dry or too thin?

Randy

Randy, the Desert Ironwood is at the top of my list to try.

I didn't mean to indicate that the lather had a problem, only that it could have a problem. At first I did have some difficulties with the lather shaving dry despite looking excellent and thought that I'd have to write the soap off as being promising but an ultimate failure, but with further tweaking it gobbled up more water and gave an excellent shave. The optimal lather is a bit more "creamy" instead of "fluffy".

Stephen,

My experience is that Colleen's soaps do take a bit of water to get right. But they have all been excellent!

Randy

Colleen's OP is one of my favorites. The Lemon Tea Verbena is a great summber soap. All of the TGQ soaps that I've tried have been excellent. I also really, really like the TGQ creams. I think they're as good as anything out there and half the price of most. Give 'em a try :thumbup:

Jordan

PS- Colleen's bath soaps are superb as well. The packaging makes them great gifts!

I have this soap and it's wonderful. As said in the review the most striking thing about it is the 'orangey' scent, it smells superb but I couldn't use it every day as it's just a little too 'orangey' for my tastes. Most days I prefer something more subtle like Tabac or L'Occitane CADE, but I love to slot this in to the rotation occasionally.

Even at twice the price I'd say this would still be good value, and as an aside every time I've ordered from Colleen she's put a few small samples of her other products in the package for me to try. :smile:

:thumbup:

Tabac....subtle?:eek:

Tried this soap for the first time this morning.

WONDERFUL results. Lathered like there's no tomorrow. In fact, after my three passes I still had enough for at least 4 more!! This soap took more water than most, but for the same amount of soap you get so much lather it's almost crazy.

I love the smell of oranges, and this soap is one of the best scents I've smelled so far.

Top Bottom