What's new

T&H West Indian Limes Shave Cream

guenron said:
mrob said:
I have the Coates Limes shave cream, and just don't get that limey kick I'm looking for from it. Does the T&H smell more limey?

My favorite summe cologne is a lime scent--I'd love to have a great lime shave cream, too.
Mitch,
I have the T&H, Taylors, and Coates laying about. Promise I'll sniff them out this evening and give you a report. Think I have the Trumper also.. I'll have to search.
I seem to be doing this backwards, but with all of this tub and tube sniffing!
This AM was a serious disappointment, Taylor Lemon & Lime. Definitely not one to use if you are looking for a lemon or lime zing. Tomorrow we will do the T&H WI Limes Extract.
Let's review the similies here:
1. Coates: Like a (very dry) lime in a gin and tonic (preferably Scweppes and Beefeaters thank you)
2. Taylor: Like you squeezed a wedge of lemon into your iced tea (brewed from a tea bag) and missed the glass for the most part. (Very weak and only lemon)
Till tomorrow's installment.

water said:
Beefeater Ron?! Surely Tanqueray at the very least.
I am trying to pass on the sense of smell from a common experience base. The Tanqueray, while well represented in the liquor cabinet, has too many good things going that distort the lime's fragrance.

I'm with Ron on this one... Beefeater gin for me as well. When it comes to mid-priced offerings, Gordon's gin is pretty good also. It is nice and dry as is the Beefeater. However, I am not as insistent as Ron re: the brand of tonic that is used in my drink.

I recently ordered a tub of the T&H limes cream. After seeing the review here, and being in the market for a lime cream for a while, everything seemed to line up well. For sake of full disclosure, a tub of Trumpers coconut cream, a bottle of DR Harris Arlington aftershave and a bottle of Taylors Victorian Limes No. 74 aftershave also found their way into my shopping cart.

executiveshaving.com doesn't get much press here, but I found their prices, all-in, very reasonable... it was less than $110 delivered for this purchase.

Drew

Drew said:
I recently ordered a tub of the T&H limes cream. After seeing the review here, and being in the market for a lime cream for a while, everything seemed to line up well. For sake of full disclosure, a tub of Trumpers coconut cream, a bottle of DR Harris Arlington aftershave and a bottle of Taylors Victorian Limes No. 74 aftershave also found their way into my shopping cart.

Do you put 'da Lime in 'da Coconut? :biggrin:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I'm no expert on gin, but I do enjoy an occasional Plymouth or Henkdrick's.

As, as for vino....................:001_rolle

And I previously said:
This AM was a serious disappointment, Taylor Lemon & Lime. Definitely not one to use if you are looking for a lemon or lime zing. Tomorrow we will do the T&H WI Limes Extract.
1. Coates: Like a (very dry) lime in a gin and tonic (preferably Scweppes and Beefeaters thank you)
2. Taylor: Like you squeezed a wedge of lemon into your iced tea (brewed from a tea bag) and missed the glass for the most part. (Very weak and only lemon)
Till tomorrow's installment.
3. Truefitt & Hill: WI Limes Extract may be a misnomer. This is a dead ringer for Key Lime pie filling before you add any sweetner. EXCELLENT!
Tomorrow QED (a soap) or Trumpers (soap or cream) any druthers?

I have the T&H West Indies Lime Aftershave Balm - I bought it purely for the scent. Now I'm want to own the shave cream too - damn you Kyle:cursing:, the SCAD is getting me bad

:smile:

Pilot said:
I have the T&H West Indies Lime Aftershave Balm - I bought it purely for the scent. Now I'm want to own the shave cream too - damn you Kyle:cursing:, the SCAD is getting me bad

:smile:
Fighting it only hurts. Embrace the dark side.:wink:

And I previously said:

3. Truefitt & Hill: WI Limes Extract may be a misnomer. This is a dead ringer for Key Lime pie filling before you add any sweetner. EXCELLENT!
Today's Installment:
4. QED Lime: Talk about lime in your face! No subtle nuance here, just lime, lime, and more lime. Smells like you got a fresh lime at the nearby grocery, cut it open and squeezed in into you palm!

Top Bottom