What's new

Zulu Grey

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
They had a sale at New Year’s I think. A bunch of folks on another forum ordered them. I don’t think any have arrived yet, the lead time is months, but everyone who orders eventually gets their order. Amazon Prime that aren’t. The person who sells them does so as side work, so I think they get enough orders, cut the stones and ship them rather than having stock on hand.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
They had a sale at New Year’s I think. A bunch of folks on another forum ordered them. I don’t think any have arrived yet, the lead time is months, but everyone who orders eventually gets their order. Amazon Prime that aren’t. The person who sells them does so as side work, so I think they get enough orders, cut the stones and ship them rather than having stock on hand.

Mine was acquired a while ago, but the shipping was months faster than I'd been told it would be. Meaning who knows when they'll arrive.

The question is are they worth waiting for? Well, that and are they better than other stones?

I've not used mine much but that's more about my love for the Arks and the convexed stones than the ZG. The Zulu Grey with a slurry stone is very versatile in my limited experience with them which might be a huge advantage.

I hope you depend on someone else to give you much more of the skinny on the ZG. I've not used mine much but I like it.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Better question is - who has paid for one AND received it. Like, say - in the last 10-12 months.
Good question. Last year I ordered two stones from him and never received them. He didn't respond to any of my emails and I waited too long to even get a refund from PayPal. First time I got burned in this hobby. Live and learn...

I don't know if he's still in business but people should be aware.

Lähetetty minun Mi 9T Pro laitteesta Tapatalkilla

I have heard this a few times over at this stage about buying those zg hones. It's totally unacceptable business practice. He's not selling items like suits tailored to the individual or things of that nature, he's selling rocks cut to his stock proportions.. When he has stones in boxes ready to ship he should be accepting money, if not, he shouldn't take a cent from ppl and just keep a wait list.. It's not hard..

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Good question. Last year I ordered two stones from him and never received them. He didn't respond to any of my emails and I waited too long to even get a refund from PayPal. First time I got burned in this hobby. Live and learn...

Yikes!

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker

Lähetetty minun Mi 9T Pro laitteesta Tapatalkilla
Thanks for confirming what I’ve been hearing. I hope you eventually get your stone.

This is the same guy who tried to bring back W&B. I am a bit confused. I do not own one of these, but this is a post from him in May of 2017 on another forum. Did he not go to the available stock thing like he states here.

Hi Guys,

Mike here (ZuluGrey/Wade&Butcher). I just wanted to join the thread - hat in hand - to directly offer my sincere apologies for the admittedly long (wildly long) delays in shipping out some hone orders (not all but a good few). Some of you guys are understandably quite frustrated with the matter, as indeed I am let me assure you.. But in general all our customers have been so kind in your patience and understanding (through all the years of selling ZG hones), it's really amazing what great customers we've had since starting this hone company. So again a massive Thank You for your support - it means everything to me.

As I've told some of you via email, my Mom actually passed away in hospital a short while ago - totally out of nowhere - she was only 64 years old and healthy. So that has impacted our life as it was such a devastating shock. But of course the day to day work needs to continue and so as I've said to a few of you your orders will be going out tomorrow actually - so those tracking codes will be with you soon. I plan to get the remaining few backlogged orders out in the next 2 weeks.

As Bookworm correctly states a few posts up - the thing with running a hone company (or any company that deals in a 100% 'natural' product) is that you are constantly at the mercy of what the Earth produces. The finished product is in many ways completely out of your control - and this is the very issue I've had recently with raw stock coming from the quarry that just wasn't worthy of selling to be honest. So we've had to suffer the delays in getting stock bit by bit that was of acceptable quality to bear the Zulu Grey label.

I want to also take some time to assure those who may be interested, that the revival of Wade & Butcher in no way whatsoever will resemble the structure of the Zulu Grey hone business. The products are vastly different: one is hit or miss from what the Earth has made, the other is 100% controlled and dictated by my very own hands. I can't express how excited I am by this simple difference. To be able to deal in goods that are entirely in my control - well, it will just be night and day compared to the running of Zulu Grey. Yes the products will still be shipped from South Africa - but our razors will be going through expedited DHL couriers, instead of our national postal system (which itself isn't bad at all, do you know we've never lost a parcel, and it generally takes only 10 days to reach most countries). DHL will likely be 3 days max..

But, I'm so frustrated frankly by the way the hone business is operating currently, that I'm actually going to dynamically change the way we sell our hones. Currently we take 'orders' for the size/s a customer wants. But this leads to these long waiting periods, and the frustration of inconsistent stock. So, we're actually going to change to an 'available stock' system on all products on the site, so what you see as available on the site is an actual prepared hone, that is packaged and ready to go. I know, what a revolution right
:)
Some of us are a bit slow with these things..
:)

So, that is how I will solve this Zulu Grey issue that we have. It will mean less genuinely available products at any given time, but will also hopefully restore complete trust and customer satisfaction by removing these crazy long waiting periods.

Again, just a huge Thank You for all the support, both in Zulu Grey and Wade & Butcher.
It all means absolutely nothing without delighted customers - so please know that this is always the driving tenet.

Sincerely,
- Mike

Top Bottom