What's new

Zorrik Super Platinum; An overwhelming Surprise

A few weeks back, I started a thread about Indian, Pakistani & Bangladeshi
blades. The only one that I liked is the Gillette 7 o'clock Black and wanted to see if I was missing one.
I made a trade with the GBE recently that included the Zorrik Super Platinum, SS, and Talvar. It the 1st time I've tried this brand & this morning was a Super Platinum since I prefer platinum blades.
I loaded it into my Futur Clone, with it set at 2.5 for the WTG, 3.5 ATG, and 4.5 for XTG. The soap was a Bay Rum sample from a soap place on eBay.
First off, it was so smooth, it felt like there wasn't a blade in the razor. Yet, between the whiskers being rinsed off the blade, and coming off my face, it did the job.
There was no effort on any of the passes. It was extremely clean & in the end, a BBS without a lot of work. I'm shocked.
I'm looking forward to trying this blade in other razors, and know that it might not be as good as in my Futur Clone. But what a shave!

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Nice write up!! As a whole across brands, super platinums work great for me!! So, I'll have to check these out!!

Shaved with the same blade again today. Took it out of the Futur Clone & into my '65 Slim. 3 on the WTG, 5 on the ATG, and finished with 7 for the XTG. Used the Godrej Lime Cream today.
As I took the 1st couple of strokes in the WTG, I felt it tugging, and though, "Damn"...then it just smoothed out without any problems the rest of the way. Got another BBS without working it too hard. It really worked as well as it did the first time.
Loving what I'm getting from it so far. Try it in the Krona next. If it will give me at least 6 shaves, at least as well as it's been doing, it might replace Rapira Platinum Lux as my #1.

3rd shave with this blade, 3rd different razor. Today, my Schick Krona, with ROR classic soap. Same thing happened. A couple of strokes into the WTG pass it tugged. Right after, smooth as silk. No problems with the ATG & XTG passes.
Took a little more work this time, but still got a BBS. Going to try it next in my "Lil' Bastard". Glad that I tried this on out. Good prices on it on EBay & RBC. Will have to think about when I want to purchase more of them.

These are the same as the Vidyut Super Platinum, the packaging is almost identical. Excellent blades! Don't see them very often though!

These are the same as the Vidyut Super Platinum, the packaging is almost identical. Excellent blades! Don't see them very often though!
There is a seller in India, $8.99 for 100 or best offer on eBay.
Can also get them 30 for $3.99 on Razor Blade Club. Want to wait until middle of next year before I order that many of them. Have too many blades now. If they are just a repackaged Super Max, they are on eBay & RBC at good prices too.

4th shave with this blade. The razor this time is one I call "Lil Bastard". It's a Maggard MR6 handle with a head from a Chinese razor that had a plastic handle that was too light. I always get a DFS with it. Used Stirling Sharp Dressed Man for soap.

I had thought that this would be the combination that slows this blade down. Figured 4th shave, and razor would really make difference.
Also, until this summer, I had a beard that I trimmed under the neck & above the jawline. I shaved down to a goatee with a soul patch. I've always had coarse wiskers and need a good sharp blade.

Got another 3 pass BBS with the blade. Funny thing is that it was even smoother then the last couple of shaves. Very much like the 1st time I used it, I couldn't feel the blade as I shaved. Just more and more impressed with this blade. Might have to make a purchase of a 100 as a Christmas present to myself.

So tried this same blade in a 5th different razor today. A 3 piece Junjie that I use for travel. Proraso Sandalwood was the soap.
The blade did another beautiful job. Smooth & clean 3 pass BBS. Going to put it back in my Slim and leave it there.
Now that I know what it can do, I want to see how many more shaves I can get from it. Usually I toss a blade after the 6th with it. Since I shave every other day, a blade will last me about 2 weeks. As the shave today was still smooth & sharp, I want to see how many more there are before I just have to change it out.

Haven't used this blade since my last post on it. I had it in my Slim, and left it at home for the holiday. Decided to come back to it today.
I didn't check the settings at first, and it started tugging a little with the WTG. Looked at it & saw it was set on 2, so bumped it up to 3 and it smoothed out. Set at 5 for ATG, and 7 for the XTG.
Got another good shave with it, a DFS. If I'd put a little more work into it, could have gotten a BBS, but very happy with the results for a blade on it's 6th shave.
Usually this is where I toss it, but going to see how many more I can get out of it.

The platinums are quite good, I'm happy to find them at my local chinese grocery store cheap as chips.
They belong to the "pleasant surprise" little group together with Treet Platinums and Super Max Super Platinums. I guess my skin loves platinum coating.
The Zorrik Super Stainless are a whole different story, I would rather shave with a rusty knife.

Well I'm convinced...I guess I need to purchase some of these and try them myself. Plus the Great Blade Exchange needs a restocking on these guys. I have a feeling I might get some requests for these.

7th shave today, and still doing a great job. Another BBS, smooth as silk. Still surprised by it. Figured after 6, it would be tugging, but not at all. Once Christmas is squared away, I'm either getting 30 from RBC for $4 I think or getting 100 of them on eBay. At $8.99 or best offer hard to pass on them.

On the 8th shave with this blade. At first, there was a noticable difference with the first couple of strokes. Not as sharp as at the 1st shave. Had started it on a 3 in my Slim for the WTG. Dialed it back to a 2, and then it was much smoother.
5 for the ATG, 7 for XTG. Used Godrej Lime Cream. In the end, still got a smooth DFS.
Normally, on shave 6, it's done regardless of how the blade is doing. Going to debate about keeping on with it. Most likely will give it at least one more before changing it out.

So finally, a month after the 1st post, I bought a 100 of them. Found a vendor on eBay who has them on best offer. Was able to take it down from $8.99 to $8.30.
Looking for to having them around for the next few years. Thanks to the GBE. Would not have traded for and tried them if I had not seen them there.

Last edited:
@Slats6NYR, that is the way to review a blade! Thank you very much, I would base a purchase on your review.
Peter, I'm glad that you appreciate the review. In all honesty, I hadn't planned to post this much about it when I began. Because I hadn't seen much written about the blade, and was so strongly impressed by it performance, I thought I should share the experiences with B&B.
I didn't get around to trying it until recently for a few reasons; a preference for Russian made blades, that Indian blades are inferior (most, but not all are), the lack of information about this blade, and strangely enough, because of it's name beginning with the letter Z, it's one of the last ones listed on the GBE, where I got them from.
It won't shift how people feel about the most popular blades here, and that wasn't my intention. Like others, I still love, GSB, Feather, Personna Reds, Astra, & Rapira Platinum Lux, to name a few. This was just putting information about another blade where YMMV. For me, it's a real eye opener, and maybe it will get guys to give them or another blade they want to know about a shot. I encourage everyone to make a trade with the GBE and try out blades that aren't as well know...you never know what you might find.

Top Bottom