What's new

Zoom Virtual Meetup Friday, April 3, 5:00pm-8:00pm PST

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Like many of you, I'm stuck at home and unable to meet up with my smoking buddies. So, let's have an online pipe club meeting/herf/hangout. This is a trial, but if folks like it we can do more. The idea is I'll host this one for a 3 hour window (or longer if folks are hanging out), and folks can join via Zoom and kick back, enjoy a smoke and a beverage, and catch up on how everyone is doing. I tried to set this for a time that people from East Coast to HI could join. It'll be a work in progress and we'll see how it goes.

Details on how to join are below. You do not need to have a Zoom account to join. Super easy--click the link and enter the meeting ID, or click the "one tap" link if you're on your phone. Folks without a computer connection can use one of the dial in numbers and join via phone.

Reply here if you might attend (although not required), and post any questions. Also, if that time and day is chronically bad for you, but you'd like to join, post here or drop me a line with your availability and I'll try to get more of these going at times that work for folks.

*Disclaimer: This is not a B&B hosted or promoted activity. This is just me hosting a virtual meetup, like any of us might host a meetup in real life at our local cigar lounge. The Mods have given me permission to promote this here, but it is not a B&B event.

--------

Hirsute (Micah) is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Hirsute's Pipe/Cigar Meet-up
Time: Apr 3, 2020 05:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 314 299 782

One tap mobile
+13462487799,,314299782# US (Houston)
+16699006833,,314299782# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US
+1 301 715 8592 US
Meeting ID: 314 299 782
Find your local number: Video Conferencing, Web Conferencing, Webinars, Screen Sharing - https://us04web.zoom.us/u/fcFoj6RK20

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
This is really cool of you to set up Micah! Thank you for doing the leg work on this. I should be able to join in on the 3rd.

R/
Dave

sounds fun, will try to join on. Never used Zoom before, anything special I should know? Have a desktop computer with speakers, but no camera or mike. Will that be an issue?

Hirsute

sounds fun, will try to join on. Never used Zoom before, anything special I should know? Have a desktop computer with speakers, but no camera or mike. Will that be an issue?
You'll need at least a microphone to share audio, and a camera for video. If you have headphones for your phone with an inline mic (like you get with an iphone), that will work fine for the audio and mic portion. If you don't have an easy way to use a mic and camera with your computer, you may want to connect through your phone. I've only used Zoom a few times and am far from an expert, so others may have ideas. We're all old dogs learning new tricks these days.

Righteous.:thumbup:

I think I will be able to make it, at least for part of the time. Thanks for setting this up, Micah. I have visions of the LE herf in my head...

Hirsute

FYI, the free version has a 40 minute time limit on video conferencing with 3 or more.

I’ve got an upgraded subscription, so all will be well. Room for Up to 100, unlimited time.

It’s keyed to the host, so others don’t need an upgrade or even a zoom account to join. Just click the link, enter the code, and good to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This is an awesome idea Micah! Unfortunately, it will be 1AM here in jolly old England. I will have to pass, but applaud your creativity!

Have fun everybody. Be safe, wash your hands, stay home, and only smoke the stuff you love! :)

Hirsute

This is an awesome idea Micah! Unfortunately, it will be 1AM here in jolly old England. I will have to pass, but applaud your creativity!

Have fun everybody. Be safe, wash your hands, stay home, and only smoke the stuff you love! :)
Bill, we'll do one of these on a weekend day coming up, so folks across the pond can join too. Stay safe over there!

Top Bottom