What's new

Zoologist sample pack

Today I tried Panda. This is the reformulation and it is a wonderful scent!

I would like to start out by saying that I think this scent is the more "mainstream" of all the scents that I have tried from this house. All of the other scents are more adventuresome and, in some cases, daring. This by no means is a slam against Panda. I just think it is the most approachable of all the offerings thus far.

The thing that it shares with its stablemates is the complexity and the constant evolution one experiences. Right off the bat you get fruit and blossom. The fruit goes away fairly quickly and I am experiencing spice and musk. I'm about two hours into wearing this stuff and I will try to post some more observations as the day goes on.

This is a wonderful offering.

Today was Rhinoceros. Wow! This is a manly scent if ever there was one.

Right off the bat I was hit with leather. A nice whiff of old worn luscious leather that quickly mingled with rum. My after shave today was Clubman VIBR and this gives with that AS perfectly. As with Bat, Beaver, and Covet there is a lot of wood and spice. I get the recollection of standing next to a woodpile, not newly chopped but one that has a little weather on it.

I am looking forward to seeing how this will evolve as the day wears on.

This is a powerful and forward scent, just like its namesake. If you are in to fruit and floral, this is not the scent for you. If you like leather, wood, and spice this might just be the ticket.

I am now going back through the scents and seeing which ones I really like. So, with that said, here are my general impressions.

There two broad groups to the scents offered by Zoologist. The "woodsy/musky" scents and the "floral/fruity" scents. They are as follows:

Woodsy/Musky Floral/Fruity
Bat Dragonfly
Beaver Hummingbird
Civet Nightingale
Macaque Panda
Rhinoceros

At the moment my favorites, in no particular order are: Bat, Civet, Dragonfly, Nightingale, Panda, and Rhinoceros. All are quite complex and have middle notes or finishing notes that cross over to the other category. For instance, Panda starts out with fruit and blossoms, but evolves into spice and wood. This line is extremely complex, long lasting, and ever evolving. Fellow member skypsyd informs us that at $135 these are a real bargain compared to other lines with the same concentration. I think they are certainly worth consideration and the sample pack is a great way to explore this line at $44 for all scents.

Have fun exploring!

:a14::a14::a14::a14:
Very Well Done reviews and Thoughts was interesting to see you ranking as well Thank for the comprehensive thoughts on the line. There are a Perfume house to watch for sure, and with one of our own Vendors @Groomatorium making shave soaps in concertwith the fragrances, as well as carrying the entire fragrance line is it a win win.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
I love Rhino and Panda is really growing on me. The one I'm excited about is Elephant. Coming this fall :a14:

I was intrigued by this thread. Thank you for it. My sample pack arrived today. I had already sampled a new oud oil that also arrived today, so I impatiently waited a bit, then washed my arm and sprayed a bit of the Civet. Wow!!! All I can think of is, "Jicky!!!!" Absolutely beautiful.

My wife tried Nightingale this evening and immediately wanted a full bottle, along with the Hummingbird she wants, LOL

I am changing my mind about Mr. Beaver. I have read some folks' view that is is quite powerful, but I personally find that it is one of the more subtle scents. It is up front, but not near as much as Rhinoceros. I am trying it again today and I am really getting the "Outdoor Air" notes. This one is winning me over.

I had better be careful or else I'll have a scent den that will blow the budget out of the water!!!

I continue to find Civet completely and utterly captivating. I am wrecking t shirts, pulling them away from my chest to get my nose further in. A full bottle is on the way, and I'm already worried about running out.

I continue to find Civet completely and utterly captivating. I am wrecking t shirts, pulling them away from my chest to get my nose further in. A full bottle is on the way, and I'm already worried about running out.
You should get the Shave Soap, Larry it is dead on and extends the love, LOL

Just received the Full Bottle of the new Formula Panda. What a difference from the original. New perfumer and much deeper. Still opens up with a Apple, Mandarin and Tea, but quickly jumps through the middle of dirt Jasmine and Patchouli and settles into a Civet, Bamboo and a musky sandalwood. I do not detect the Vanilla What a difference from the Original Panda. Not near as sweet. Much better match to the Shave Soap now. perfect scent for summer

proxy.php

One of my absolute favorite scents I have in a soap! I love that stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent an email to Zoologist inquiring about their artwork. I got a reply from Mr. Wong himself.

He states that the artwork is done by a Toronto based artist named Daisy Chan. Mr. Wong said that, "At this moment we don't have a plan to sell any art prints; if we do, we will do it properly and of high quality."

Interesting.

I recently picked up the sample pack and to my surprise a vial of the new scent Elephant was included. I tried the Elephant scent today and I'm really liking it.

Top Notes: Leaves - Tea Notes - Magnolia
Heart Notes: Cacao - Coconut milk - Incense - Jasmin - Woody Notes
Base Notes: Amber - Musk - Patchouli - Sandalwood

There's a scent to me that's odd to me in the beginning (maybe the magnolia) but it quickly fades and what I'm left with I'm really enjoying. I like this one quite a bit.

Top Bottom