What's new

Zookeepers of the Muhle R41 BEAST

My first two shaves with R41, 3 piece yesterday and today. Really excellent! I received both this and a GC OC .84 for my recent 70th b'day.
Been using the GC for August with 7o'C yellows. Also a very smooth, efficient shaver using yellows. I have to stay more focused with the R41, but that is not a negative for me. I honestly am very glad I don't have to give either of them back.
Life is good!

I joined the ranks of the Zookeepers this morning. I've been wondering about the razor for some time and have watched them sell cheaper lately. I got a chance to buy a used R102 version with white resin handle for $20 shipped and couldn't resist.
muhle.jpeg
Regarding the handle, I like it. Lately, I've been favoring lighter razors like the aluminium Timeless and the 3one6. I believe it helped me to shave with light pressure.

Before I pulled the trigger, I had to go back and read many posts. What convinced me that it would be ok, is someone compared the Asylum RX as similar. I have an RX and it is my most aggressive razor, but is manageable.

This morning's shave was very close. I am a little tinder, because I went for the full perfect shave. Even across my neck from side to adams apple. But only one spot of blood from a move that I had no business trying on a 1st shave.

Interestingly, I did not really concentrate on the angle. It came naturally. I would call it a little steep.

Thanks for the encouragement in your posts.

It is a great razor, too close for me to use as a daily driver, but with a feather blade, correct angle, and no pressure, gives me the closest shaves I have ever had.

Everyone here should check out the R41 baseplate paired with the Yaqi Mellon (or SLOC, or Yaqi Beast, or other equivalent) open comb top cap. I tried it after seeing the reviews of some others who have tried it. It seems a bit more efficient, yet smoother for me. It's worth a try for around $10 shipped...

I have and use the 2013, it is manegable for me, can't use it daily, but even with a feather, if I focus like mad, take my time, my lather is perfect, and the stars align I can get th closest shaves ever for me without any blood.

The 2011 blade exposure looks so extreme I imagine it has to be used riding the cap or safety bar, can any regular 2011 users describe what angle they find works best?

I have and use the 2013, it is manegable for me, can't use it daily, but even with a feather, if I focus like mad, take my time, my lather is perfect, and the stars align I can get th closest shaves ever for me without any blood.

The 2011 blade exposure looks so extreme I imagine it has to be used riding the cap or safety bar, can any regular 2011 users describe what angle they find works best?

Riding that cap can help, but I find STEEP angle, treating it like a straight works best for me! 1 pass, and I NEVER do detail work with the beast, I’ll use a L1 SB CG for my detail, which is very minimal!

Having lost both my metal Wardonias and my Schick Krona ( dashes away a tear ) when I'm not using a straight I use the R41.

The 2013 is, in my opinion, the best - affordable - DE in recent innovation.

I would like to join the zoo...

May I?

I would like to join the zoo...

May I?
Well I certainly have no issues! Welcome to the zoo!

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
My preferred handle for the R41 is the iKon OSS

DSCF0020 - Edited (1).jpg

RazoRock Pre Barba Pre Shave Gel
Muhle R41.iKon OSS Handle
Personna Platinum Chrome Israeli Red (4)
Yaqi Ruby Handle 24mm 2-Band Badger
RazoRock XXX Italian Shaving Soap
Old Spice Cologne Original

DSCF0022 - Edited.jpg

May I please join? I love my R41!

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
R41 Unleashed

DSCF0069 - Edited.jpg

Pre' De Provence Artisanal French Soap lather and rinse
Muhle R41.iKon OSS Handle
Gillette Nacet Stainless (1)
Yaqi Moka Express 26mm 2-Band Badger
Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber Shaving Soap
Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber Aftershave Splash

DSCF0071 - Edited.jpg

please kindly accept my application to the order of the Zookeepers.

a couple of weeks now in using daily with the exception of Single Edge Sundays

20200128_213554.jpg

i love the R103.

I'm thoroughly convinced this is the apparatus I've been looking for. as luck would have it.......it only took me 4 or 5 razors in to figure this out!

respectfully,

camo

Top Bottom