What's new

Zombie Apocalypse soap?

You would think I have better things to think about, but,,,no.

So the Desert Island kit/soap etc,,, has been discussed but I don't recall a "Zombie Apocalypse"
soap thread. If there is I would like to revisit it.

My thinking is. You're surrounded all day every day by rotting corpses and collective B.O. that hasn't
been smelled since a cramped old west saloon.

Assuming you want to keep clean shaven so you won't be confused for a zombie, and you want a few moments
of clean in your day. What shaving soap would you pick to cover up all that stink and brighten your day.

My first thought was Arko. I like the performance, and you could throw a stick of it in the corner of
the saloon and have a new atmosphere in 15 minutes.

I'm challenging myself to use Arko through May so I'm calling it "Marko". This zombie thing is just fun.

Your thoughts?

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I’d say Stirling Varen. It’s scent lingers more than most and I take that earthy note into my day. A day filled with lobbing the heads off zombies, mixed with the pleasant reminder of my morning shave.

I haven't tried Varen but Stirling Barbershop is comforting in tense times.

"WWDU" what Would Daryl Use.

Last edited:
If there is a zombie apocalypse I would not be shaving. Being fairly out of shape, actually round is a shape, I would be one of the first zombies. For the fun of the post, I would get as much Stirling as I could, being one of the only soaps I have used, I really enjoy them.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
You would think I have better things to think about, but,,,no.

So the Desert Island kit/soap etc,,, has been discussed but I don't recall a "Zombie Apocalypse"
soap thread. If there is I would like to revisit it.

My thinking is. You're surrounded all day every day by rotting corpses and collective B.O. that hasn't
been smelled since a cramped old west saloon.

Assuming you want to keep clean shaven so you won't be confused for a zombie, and you want a few moments
of clean in your day. What shaving soap would you pick to cover up all that stink and brighten your day.

My first thought was Arko. I like the performance, and you could throw a stick of it in the corner of
the saloon and have a new atmosphere in 15 minutes.

I'm challenging myself to use Arko through May so I'm calling it "Marko". This zombie thing is just fun.

Your thoughts?

Well sure, if you want the entire saloon to smell like a urinal cake, I guess thats better then the scent of rotting undead.

But the real question you should be asking yourself is, how in the world did the zombie apocalypse spare you? Why aren't you one of them? The fact that you are not, should have give you a lot more to think about then shaving. Maybe have a surviving scientist do some tests on you, maybe you got some wicked Arko antibodies floating in you, that could be used to reverse the undead process.

And to the last bit, will just call you, Marko's modern life, Marko's modern life! 😝

Great idea!!

My preference would be a stick of La Toja. But Arko might be superior for overcoming Zombie BO!

:shaving::shaving::shaving:

OMG, he literally just shaved his face off! I did not even know that was possible!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Interesting premise. I'm thinking shaving would have to be quick because of the zombies. So something that lathers quickly...maybe something from Black Ship Grooming.

Be careful what you wish for.

I just got back from a 5 day trip to help a friend fill a hole on his construction crew.

Stayed at his barely on the grid ranch in the mountains 7,200 ft.

To the point, I had 4 great shaves with nothing but Arko, Plissoft brush, Rockwell 6c/R3 and Astra SP's.

The pre and post were cold water from the cistern with hot water heated on a stove for the brush.
Every soap works better with a warm brush. No aftershave product.

4 nearly BBS (without trying), shaves. Zero irritation with a nice post shave feel.

And that clean Arko scent brightened up the ranch house.

The truth is I packed poorly and ended up using Arko as body soap and shampoo too.

No zombies. 😒

Lovin' the Arko apacolypse!

For anyone interested this is part of the deck we finished.

deck1.jpg

I forgot to mention, I was also in restrooms at several local establishments
and none of the urinal cakes smelled like Arko.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Be careful what you wish for.

I just got back from a 5 day trip to help a friend fill a hole on his construction crew.

Stayed at his barely on the grid ranch in the mountains 7,200 ft.

To the point, I had 4 great shaves with nothing but Arko, Plissoft brush, Rockwell 6c/R3 and Astra SP's.

The pre and post were cold water from the cistern with hot water heated on a stove for the brush.
Every soap works better with a warm brush. No aftershave product.

4 nearly BBS (without trying), shaves. Zero irritation with a nice post shave feel.

And that clean Arko scent brightened up the ranch house.

The truth is I packed poorly and ended up using Arko as body soap and shampoo too.

No zombies. 😒

Lovin' the Arko apacolypse!

For anyone interested this is part of the deck we finished.

View attachment 1458447

Excellent work, it looks really nice, and with that fencing around there, you don't have to worry about the dog getting out, and going on a rabbit hunt. Also, if your ever in search of some springs, you wont have far to look, there's a tower of them right there.

But are you sure about that, really. Smelling like a rotting corpse is one thing, but smelling like Arko is a whole 'nother level

Yeah, I think there is a fine line there between Arko and the Undead. LOL!

I forgot to mention, I was also in restrooms at several local establishments
and none of the urinal cakes smelled like Arko.

Thats because they were using the Australian down under Arko variation called, Davy Jones Locker. 😝

Top Bottom