What's new

Zirh

I found this in TJ Maxx. $5 US.
I didn't try it but figure I'd post it here to see if it's worth going back after.

20181214_211302.jpg

20181214_211320.jpg

Oh oops . . .
I suppose I should have read it more thoroughly.
Could a mod move this to the Shave Cream forum (instead of the soap) plz and thx

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Never heard of it. Where is it made? Aloe is way way down on the ingredients list. Looks like a lot of chemicals?
Website has version 2 of this stuff $25. Its not for a shave brush.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
For that price i would definately give it a try. If you do not like it you could always PIF it.

Okay so I went back for it.
First thought is that it will never be used with a brush. It has the consistency of Noxzema or Proraso Preshave.
But wow is it ever slick. Plus there is almost no scent (other than the chemicals). Once I try it I'll see what I can do to write up a proper review of it.

Okay so I went back for it.
First thought is that it will never be used with a brush. It has the consistency of Noxzema or Proraso Preshave.
But wow is it ever slick. Plus there is almost no scent (other than the chemicals). Once I try it I'll see what I can do to write up a proper review of it.

My apologies. It looks like you got the P&G version. This is a Cremo type product. Not a lot of luxury using it, but still fantastic skin feel. The shave cream is not like the shave gel at all.
MM879

I tried the Zirh shaving cream. The scent is an industrial latex paint type smell to me. Zirh shaving cream is a non-lathering type cream. I used it as directed and got a BBS smooth shave without problems. The face feel of this product is second to non. A non-lathering cream is a big departure from our normal soaps and creams. I think that you need to take Zirh shave cream as it is. I'm happy with the scent free healthy skin properties of Zirh. I will continue to use Zirh and learn more about non-lathering/brushless shave creams.
MM879

I tried the Zirh shaving cream. The scent is an industrial latex paint type smell to me. Zirh shaving cream is a non-lathering type cream. I used it as directed and got a BBS smooth shave without problems. The face feel of this product is second to non. A non-lathering cream is a big departure from our normal soaps and creams. I think that you need to take Zirh shave cream as it is. I'm happy with the scent free healthy skin properties of Zirh. I will continue to use Zirh and learn more about non-lathering/brushless shave creams.
MM879

I'm not a fan of the feel on the face. Otherwise your description is right on, according to my experience. I'd rather use Creamo, which I don't like that much.

The Zirh product that I got was very old. The seal on the top was starting to turn a different color. This might explain the scent of the cream. I think that the process with brushless creams needs to have a step where water is added. I experienced the cream getting tacky a couple of times.
I'm moving forward with an open mind. MM879

Continuing my use of the Zirh shaving cream I noticed that there is a fairly strong menthol only burst. The face freeze is significant. I've adjusted the application amount to use more cream and follow up with two passes of hot water. The left hand only apply is working well. The result is super slick, more butter like coating. The addition of the water also helped with the razor build-up. As usual the face feel is fantastic all day. My hands are softer from using Zirh.
MM879

Continuing my use of the Zirh shaving cream I noticed that there is a fairly strong menthol only burst. The face freeze is significant. I've adjusted the application amount to use more cream and follow up with two passes of hot water. The left hand only apply is working well. The result is super slick, more butter like coating. The addition of the water also helped with the razor build-up. As usual the face feel is fantastic all day. My hands are softer from using Zirh.
MM879

Update: I'm applying the cream by hand with lots of water. The process is very quick. I don't miss the brush at all. I'm liking this Zirh shave cream. Now that I've got a process I need to circle back to the Zirh shaving gel. The gel looks to be an improved product with a great scent.

Update: I'm applying the cream by hand with lots of water. The process is very quick. I don't miss the brush at all. I'm liking this Zirh shave cream. Now that I've got a process I need to circle back to the Zirh shaving gel. The gel looks to be an improved product with a great scent.

I went back and tried the Zirh shaving gel. I got a good shave, but not worth the extra effort. The gel is clear and non-foaming. You really have to keep track of the shave to cover everything. The nice scent doesn't outweigh the shaving cream version. I'll hang onto the gel for travel and pre-shave duties.

So I've finally used it a handful of times. It does seem to be nice and slick, especially if you add a little water to it.
It's not too bad for a non-lathering cream. It's certainly not my favorite but it's not too bad. It's really good for days when I'm in a hurry and need something that is ready to go. But at this point I cannot see much difference between Zirh cream and canned goo. In fact I think I like my Proraso White canned goo better. But again, the Zirh is definitely slicker.

I've used the Zirh shave cream for an extended time and I like it. Zirh is a solid performer that I unconsciously reach for. The product requires a different process. It saves time a lot time while providing wonderful treatment of skin.

Top Bottom