What's new

Zirh Shave Cream

I know this product is reviewed on B&B, but wanted to know if there were any big fans of Zirh Shave Cream. I just picked up a tub and have to say it performs very well for a brushless cream. Yes, I know we all prefer to use our badger brushes to make lots of lather, but this is seems to perform very well without having to use a badger brush. Anyone else enjoy this cream as much as I do?

Are you talking about the gel product? Or do they have a cream I don't know about?

I used to use the gel, and it was OK, I guess. My brother came to visit and I let him use it. He called it "the Emperor's New Shaving Gel." He thought it was worthless.

if you're talking about an actual CREAM, I have never tried it.

Are you talking about the gel product? Or do they have a cream I don't know about?

I used to use the gel, and it was OK, I guess. My brother came to visit and I let him use it. He called it "the Emperor's New Shaving Gel." He thought it was worthless.

if you're talking about an actual CREAM, I have never tried it.

Yes, I am specifically talking about the cream. I've used the gel as well but I believe the cream is a better performer.

I did until they changed it...

I’ve been using Cremo Cream lately which is the closestnon-lathering cream I can find (it’s not as good as the old zirh shave cream).

Here is some info on the switch from zirh, to P&G to TPRHoldings.

Zirh Shaving Cream

P&G purchased Zirh in 2009 and made many productchanges. Consumers didn't like the changes and stopped buying the products andretailers dropped the Zirh line. P&G dropped the Zirh line, which iscurrently being sold by TPR Holdings.

The new P&G formula that was released in 2009 ishorrible, most retailers had stockpiles which lasted through early 2010, somany consumers didn't even realize that the product had changed until they gothome. Once it did change, sales associates at both Macy's and Nordstrom's saidthat they were getting multiple returns for the shave cream product.

Macy's and Nordstrom's dropped the Zirh line...

The primary ingredient in the old shave cream was Aloe Vera,the new crappy products main ingredient is water. Which seems fraudulent toadvertise the product as an "extremely concentrated formula" becausethe primary ingredient is water. Also, stating that "one jar should lastup to 3 to 4 months" is making a false statement as the new product wouldnot last any longer than 8 weeks with regular use. However, the prior formulawould last 3 to 4 months for one person (I've used the old product since 2002and purchased a large stockpile that ran out in June of 2012).

I don't know why they would continue selling the productwith the new formula.

Current ingrediants:

Water (Aqua), Stearic Acid, Glycerin, C18-36 Acid GlycolEster, Methyl Gluceth-20, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Potassium Hydroxide,Cetearyl Alcohol, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) SeedOil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Menthol, Panthenol, Bisabolol, Squalane,Hydrolyzed Jojoba Protein, Caprylic/Capric/Myristic/Stearic Triglyceride,Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Butylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) FruitExtract, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Algae Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract,Phospholipids, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, TriticumVulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, RetinylPalmitate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben,Propylparaben,

Old Ingrediants:

Aloe Barbadensis [Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice], Aqua[Water], Ceteareth-20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, CI 77891[Titanium Dioxide], Petrolatum, Menthol, Phenoxyethanol, Agrimonia Eupatoria[Agrimonia Eupatoria Leaf Extract], Propylene Glycol, Acacia Farnesiana [AcaciaFarnesiana Extract], Macrocystis Pyrifera [Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract], UlvaLactuca [Ulva Lactuca Extract], Plantago Major [Plantago Major Leaf Extract],Passiflora Laurifolia [Passiflora Laurifolia Fruit Extract], Chondrus Crispus[Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract], Cinchona Succirubra [CinchonaSuccirubra Bark Extract], Panax Ginseng [Panax Ginseng Root Extract], AloeBarbadensis [Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract], Ethylhexyl Stearate, EthylhexylPalmitate, Diethylhexyl Adipate, Methylparaben, Parfum [Fragrance],Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Polysorbate 20, CI 42090 [Blue 1].

Top Bottom