What's new

Zirh is it worth it.

well i found zirh creme close to where i live im just wondering if the stuff is good enough to be worth the $30CAD+tax price tag for a tub.

proxy.php

YMMV and all, but in a word: No.

It is a brushless cream if I remember correctly. Even if you want brushless, there are plenty of better options for less money.

No, and it clogged my razor.
See if they can get you a sample, it may just be the bee's knee's for you.
YMMV and all.

i dident think so since i'v never heard of the stuf here. i'd much rather get some trumpers for that money anyways.

YMMV and all, but in a word: No.

It is a brushless cream if I remember correctly. Even if you want brushless, there are plenty of better options for less money.

No, and it clogged my razor.
See if they can get you a sample, it may just be the bee's knee's for you.
YMMV and all.

Chickpea and Brian hit the nail on the head. I tried this stuff before I discovered wet shaving and found it to be terrible.

i do like it---- I am newbie but have used if on and off for years.

Ps - I tried it to form a superlather and take very little on a badger brush and add it to some mama bear shave soap--and the resultant superlather is spectaculour IMO.

to each their own--maybe u can get a sample and decide for yurself-- it is non lathering but i find it super slick

I recently got some Zirh to take on vacation because I pack light and wanted a brushless. After a week of use I agree with the other guys. Skip it.

I was at a Macys store where some lady was demonstrating how to use it. First, she said NOT to use a brush. Second, she said she to use it sparingly by rubbing it in. She shaved a using a multiblade razor (I could not make out the brand but it had four blades). And yes, the razor clogged. She "recommended" the $100 kit.

I had recieved a tube years ago and was not impressed enough to buy another one.

I was at a Macys store where some lady was demonstrating how to use it. First, she said NOT to use a brush. Second, she said she to use it sparingly by rubbing it in. She shaved a using a multiblade razor (I could not make out the brand but it had four blades). And yes, the razor clogged. She "recommended" the $100 kit.

I had recieved a tube years ago and was not impressed enough to buy another one.

Back at Macy's and the rep was still there. She was using a Zirh black razor. Upon examination it actually had two blades and a two strips. Looks like an old Gillette.

I've heard that P&G have bought Zirh. Anyone who can confirm?

I am/was a long time user of Zirh shaving creme. P&G bought zirh and changed the zirh shaving creme product. The product change occured somewhere between jan 1, 2010 - Mar 30, 2010. The old product was thick and does clog blades but I shave in the shower and never had a problem. I price changed from $20 to $22 a container with the new ownership. The formula did change I verified this with Zirh's 1-800. They changed the product because they said it was clogging blades. The zirh website still lists this even though it changed the formula: "Men's Health Grooming Awards voted ZIRH SHAVE CREAM the 2009 Winner in the BEST SHAVE Category"...

Once the product changed I went on ebay and bought a few years supply of as much of the old clogging product that I love. But, I'm going to run out in a year and have yet to find a suitable replacment.

I shave with merkur safty razor with feather blades (still shave in the shower).

Anyone have any good idea's for a replacment product. Looking for a thick brushless creme, (don't care if it clogs blades). Thanks

Top Bottom