What's new

Zippo?

Try to use Zippo lighter fluid in them. I used to mark it up when I worked in a tobacco shop because it does work better in these lighters.

The newer ones are probably not very collectible because they just pump them out now, but I love the smell of a real lighter.

40 yrs old and still kicking,dents,dings,has been all over the world inc two yrs in cambodia,66/67,replaced the striker twice,still lgts every time.
proxy.php

I haven't smoked in about 15 years, but I have a couple of Zippos that are decorated with logos of stuff I collect - Old Spice and Allen Edmonds shoes.

Rick, the folks who (literally) wrote the book on Zippo collecting, Dana and Robin Baumgartner, live sorta near you in the Asheville NC area.

That's pretty awesome.

I have a couple but haven't carried one since I quit smoking a few years back. I really do miss carrying one around though maybe I'll have to start doing this.

My sister bought me a plain silver one for a birthday present a few years ago and I then purchased one with a gunmetal finish. I don't smoke and usually don't carry one but i will throw it in the back pack with a bottle of fluid when I go for a hike or something. Under normal conditions the lighter fluid usually evaporates to before I ever get a chance to use it. Basic Zippo tricks are always fun and pretty easy although I suggest learning them without lighter fluid so you don't accidentally set yourself on fire.

Legion

Staff member
I have one which has a solid titanium case. Pretty cool but doesn't make the same "ping" as the brass ones when you open it.

I sold all my Zippos on here after i quit 2 year ago, except one Marine Corps Zippo my cousin gave me when he was in. I always loved using one when I smoked.

It's funny I never used a Zippo when I smoked, but I have never gone backpacking, day hiking, camping, etc without one.

I've used the same one for about 10 years. I carry it off and on. It becomes a hassle sometimes when you run out of fuel in the middle of the day and cant light a cigarette. Most of the time I just carry a bic. You cant shake a zippo to see how full it is and you end up refilling it every week. a bic lasts me 3 weeks to a month and I smoke a pack a day.

I have been really tempted to buy the 1941 replica they sell on the site.

I collect Zippos. I currently have two that I use on a regular basis. The first is a 1941 replica Zippo with resin badges to look like the one Indy used in the castle scene in Last Crusade. The second is a 1937 replica with the same badges only it has a flashlight insert.

Thanx!!!!
Charlie

Where did you find Indy's replica? Did you make it?

i smoke a pipe and carry a zippo the only thingi don't like about them is the fuel can impart a taste to the tobacco in this day and age it is nice to have something that is well made and you just dont throw away when your done with it.. oh yea and not to mention it is american made..

i smoke a pipe and carry a zippo the only thingi don't like about them is the fuel can impart a taste to the tobacco in this day and age it is nice to have something that is well made and you just dont throw away when your done with it.. oh yea and not to mention it is american made..
My situation exactly, only I have two Zippos with pipe inserts.

Top Bottom