What's new

Zingari Man

Yes, I was just curious as to how far I could push it. I normally prefer a slightly wetter lather but not that wet!
It's a new soap to me so I was finding out where the boundaries are.

I love ZM. Their sego base is excellent and their post shave products are top too. I use the scented splashes and unscented balm in addition to the soap and the quality all of Heathers stuff is excellent. I recommend Navigator and Magician. Looking forward to the Watchman release!

Looking forward to the Watchman release!

Hi, may I please ask how did you hear about the Watchman? is that one of her new scents / products?

I just checked her website and did not come across it. However, I did notice a new scent "Socialite" that was quite intriguing to me. It is sold out already. I'll look for it at Maggards or perhaps some other retailer carrying it. If anybody has tried 'Socialite' before, please comment on the scent.

Hi, may I please ask how did you hear about the Watchman? is that one of her new scents / products?

I just checked her website and did not come across it. However, I did notice a new scent "Socialite" that was quite intriguing to me. It is sold out already. I'll look for it at Maggards or perhaps some other retailer carrying it. If anybody has tried 'Socialite' before, please comment on the scent.

Heather does regular lives on Instagram and has been talking about it for a while. I have pasted link to her latest video chat below where she discussed The Socialite and The Watchman.

The Watchman was a scent created for her by Shawn Maher of Chatillon Lux/ Maher Olfactive. I received a sample of The Watchman with The Socialite today and The Watchman smells incredible!

http://instagr.am/p/CFA-UWan1AL/

Thanks @boilerphan, I agree with those who say Zingari is hard to lather. But I love it. I'll likely get Watchman as well.

It’s interesting to read that there are quite a few that have a hard time with lathering Zingari soaps. Could it be differences in the water? For me, it’s always been super easy to lather. I don’t do any complex routine either. Just wet brush and it lathers up nicely. I use a bowl though. Maybe its difficult with face lathering? I think the water in my area is hard, it has a lot of mineral content. When I’ve traveled, I don’t think I ever ran into any issues though.

I have no issues face lathering zingari. I usually soak my brush while taking a shower, then when ready i shake off most of the water off the brush until the brush is barely just damp, then load about 40 seconds and face lather. I do like a drier lather at first so i can hydrate gradually.

I have no issues face lathering zingari. I usually soak my brush while taking a shower, then when ready i shake off most of the water off the brush until the brush is barely just damp, then load about 40 seconds and face lather. I do like a drier lather at first so i can hydrate gradually.

I would think face lathering would be no issue just by how the soap behaves. It’s just interesting that many find it difficult to lather. I believe their struggles must be real, but it’s just surprising. I’m able to lather ZM blindfolded without even putting any thought into it. Could it be due to differences in water chemistry?

I would think face lathering would be no issue just by how the soap behaves. It’s just interesting that many find it difficult to lather. I believe their struggles must be real, but it’s just surprising. I’m able to lather ZM blindfolded without even putting any thought into it. Could it be due to differences in water chemistry?
Could be. I have hard water and the only soap that was affected by it was mwf which i couldnt lather to save my life. Maybe guys having trouble should try a drier brush and load my heavily? Zingari is a pretty hard soap so i think that may help.

I use exclusively distilled water. The other day, I used my brand new Maggard SHD and bowl-lathering Zingari was still harder than my other soaps. Maybe that is because this new brush is not broken yet but I'll see how my Zingari's lathering behavior changes as the new brush blooms and performs better.

I can think of two reasons Zingari users disagree over the relative ease of lathering. Perhaps it is easier to lather Zingari with a synthetic brush. Secondly, there might be differences among different batches. The first Zingari soap I I got was an Explorer and the soap was hard. I when I pushed on the soap surface, it hardly made any physical impression. I never used that one though. The second Zingari I got and use quite often, the unscented version, is very soft and feels very concentrated. The consistency of the the content between the two tubs was vastly different.

I'm very tempted to get a synthetic brush and test if it would make lathering easier.

I'm very tempted to get a synthetic brush and test if it would make lathering easier.
[/QUOTE]
This has solved any lathering issues with any of my soaps

I use exclusively distilled water. The other day, I used my brand new Maggard SHD and bowl-lathering Zingari was still harder than my other soaps. Maybe that is because this new brush is not broken yet but I'll see how my Zingari's lathering behavior changes as the new brush blooms and performs better.

I can think of two reasons Zingari users disagree over the relative ease of lathering. Perhaps it is easier to lather Zingari with a synthetic brush. Secondly, there might be differences among different batches. The first Zingari soap I I got was an Explorer and the soap was hard. I when I pushed on the soap surface, it hardly made any physical impression. I never used that one though. The second Zingari I got and use quite often, the unscented version, is very soft and feels very concentrated. The consistency of the the content between the two tubs was vastly different.

Synthetic brush always makes it easier to lather for me. Natural hairs are a bit harder to work with but I really enjoy the massaging quality on the face.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
New stuff in the pipeline! That Gin and Tonic with Lime sounds neat. I recently purchased their body soap, The Mariner. Great scent! I wish they would make that in a shaving soap again. Still...my favorite Zingari Man scent is The Wanderer. As far as Bay Rum scents go, The Nomad is a bit generic, but it grows on you.

Finally I'm going to add a Zingari Man set to my collection.

During last period my nose became very selective for scents, and i don't like anymore complex strong scents. I think Zingari soaps can be a good choice also for this reason.

Again, what scents would you advice. I'm thinking about The Wanderer as inoffensive Barbershop (even if so already have Seville), or maybe Explorer.

Any suggestions about this two? Or other?

My only Zingariman is The Wanderer and I really like it... my wife likes the way the after shave balm smells, too

During last period my nose became very selective for scents, and i don't like anymore complex strong scents. I think Zingari soaps can be a good choice also for this reason.

Again, what scents would you advice. I'm thinking about The Wanderer as inoffensive Barbershop (even if so already have Seville), or maybe Explorer.

I like Soloist (a West Coast Shaving exclusive) and Magician. I also own Wanderer and the matching balms in all those 3 scents. I love their soaps and their balms as well.

Wanderer & Explorer are very good! My favorite is the Gatherer. Nomad, Navigator & Magician are also good! The only ones I don't care for are the Socialite & Watchman. Nomad for me is in the family of Pinaud Clubman.

Top Bottom