What's new

Zingari Man

The only ones I don't care for are the Socialite & Watchman

I am surprised. Watchman seems to be getting love and attention. There are several youtube positive reviews and the reviewers seem to be pleased with it. Also, it got sold out quite quickly at the retailers and I don't see a single one on BST's. Maybe it's too early for it to show up on BST's at this point. I will order a tub once it gets restocked, hopefully some time soon.

Zingari's performance never ceases to impress me. I currently use the unscented one but do hope to find a pleasant scent. I'll see how things go with the Watchman. I'd like to hear more about the Watchman scent so if anybody else has tried it please comment.

The Watchman is probably the favorite Zingari Man scent that I've tried. Aquatic? Very. I check for barnacles at the end of the day. :) It's low-level persistent scent, too (I use the matching splash).

I also like Declaration Grooming's After the Rain in a similar general atmospheric family, if that is anything you're familiar with.

On the 'tasty' rather than dramatic end of the scent spectrum I recently tried ZM's The Duo and it also rings my bells. (Although the label design can't hold a candle to The Watchman — a work of labeling genius).

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Is The Wanderer some how similar to B&M Seville?

Not even close. It's more of an aquatic with a clean semi-sweet scent. It's a great scent, don't get me wrong. I have Seville in soap and splash and, to me, Seville is much, much closer to a true barbershop scent. But, The Wanderer, to my nose, is nothing like a barbershop even though they describe it as one. It's more of an aquatic with a fresch clean semi-sweet odor. Very interesting and well done by Zingari Man. The only other Zingari Man I have is The Nomad soap, their take on Bay Rum. And although I like The Nomad, to my nose, it's nothing like any true Bay Rum I've come across. The quality of their products is first rate in my opinion, YMMV.

Thanks for all your suggestions, really helpful.

I generally don't like acquatici scents, maybe Explorer will suit better my actual taste.

I heard Zingari scents are not strong or overpowering...

Explorer is amazing if you like clean, mass-appealing scents. Woody and cologne-like. I love it.

Wanderer is pretty good as well. I have a sample and it smells like a clean barbershop. Not as sweet as Stirling barbershop but a bit tuned down.

Gatherer is okay, a little too feminine for my taste. Navigator is a good aquatic but subtle scent-wise. I'd recommend explorer if you're looking to get your first soap.

I love the scent of Nomad. It's like a combination of bay rum with a touch of the the tingly scent of lime soda. Very fresh, vibrant, and clean without smelling soapy. Some may say that it's a non-traditional bay rum. That's one of the nice things about bay rum, I think. There are lots of interesting interpretations of it around.

I love the scent of Nomad. It's like a combination of bay rum with a touch of the the tingly scent of lime soda. Very fresh, vibrant, and clean without smelling soapy. Some may say that it's a non-traditional bay rum. That's one of the nice things about bay rum, I think. There are lots of interesting interpretations of it around.

Nice write up. Did you discover clove in Nomad's scent profile?

I am surprised. Watchman seems to be getting love and attention. There are several youtube positive reviews and the reviewers seem to be pleased with it. Also, it got sold out quite quickly at the retailers and I don't see a single one on BST's. Maybe it's too early for it to show up on BST's at this point. I will order a tub once it gets restocked, hopefully some time soon.

Zingari's performance never ceases to impress me. I currently use the unscented one but do hope to find a pleasant scent. I'll see how things go with the Watchman. I'd like to hear more about the Watchman scent so if anybody else has tried it please comment.

I'm using the Watchman and really enjoy the scent. At night, I sometimes get out the soap and just take a whiff of the scent. To me it is more of plum scent and not overpowering at all. When I buy a soap, I don't by the aftershave scent but instead use an unscented aftershave to see if I like the scent and more importantly, if my wife likes the scent.

I shave around 6-7 am every day. I get whiffs of the scent throughout the day until about the afternoon. When I purchase a refill, I'll look to buy the aftershave as well since I like the scent that much.

John

At night, I sometimes get out the soap and just take a whiff of the scent.

I'm glad you're enjoying the Watchman scent. The main reason I buy scented soaps from time to time is to open up the tub randomly and relax my mind by taking a whiff of an enjoyable scent. Otherwise, my unscented collection of soaps offer exceptional shaving experience.

I'm buying the Watchman during the black friday sales event even though I have no idea how the stuff smells. If I like the scent, I'll then grab its matching aftershave recovery splash.

Speaking of the recovery splash, did you guys know that Heather recently released the unscented 'cooling' recovery splash?

I'm glad you're enjoying the Watchman scent. The main reason I buy scented soaps from time to time is to open up the tub randomly and relax my mind by taking a whiff of an enjoyable scent. Otherwise, my unscented collection of soaps offer exceptional shaving experience.

I'm buying the Watchman during the black friday sales event even though I have no idea how the stuff smells. If I like the scent, I'll then grab its matching aftershave recovery splash.

Speaking of the recovery splash, did you guys know that Heather recently released the unscented 'cooling' recovery splash?
No, I wasn't aware. I'm new to the whole wet shaving process and just learning all the different shaving soaps and splashes available. I'll have to look into it as I use the Stirling Soap Unscented version with menthol.

John

I could no longer resist the temptation to get Zingari's Watchman soap and the pre-black friday VIP discount notification email from WCS pushed me further down this endless, gambling slide of buying more soaps. I'm really hoping that it would agree with my face to begin with and I'd find the scent pleasant and enjoyable. I love this Zingari base for fall and winter and a real nice scent is something I'm greatly missing so much in this hobby. SV scents are super nice but Zingari's base offers shaving qualities and benefits for my face that SV would not. All the hopes on the Watchman now.....

I could no longer resist the temptation to get Zingari's Watchman soap and the pre-black friday VIP discount notification email from WCS pushed me further down this endless, gambling slide of buying more soaps. I'm really hoping that it would agree with my face to begin with and I'd find the scent pleasant and enjoyable. I love this Zingari base for fall and winter and a real nice scent is something I'm greatly missing so much in this hobby. SV scents are super nice but Zingari's base offers shaving qualities and benefits for my face that SV would not. All the hopes on the Watchman now.....
People have said that the watchman out of the container smells aquatic, similar to fine aquamarine. Then once applied to the face, it gets darker and Mossier.

To my nose, Wanderer is quite similar to CFG’s Ghost Town Barber, only GTB is a little bolder. Performance of all my Zingari Seago’s is top shelf, rivaled only by GD and B&M Reserve for my face.

To my nose, Wanderer is quite similar to CFG’s Ghost Town Barber, only GTB is a little bolder. Performance of all my Zingari Seago’s is top shelf, rivaled only by GD and B&M Reserve for my face.
No question on performance with Zingari Man. Sego is wonderful.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy

The Wanderer and Ghost Town Barber are similar in scent? Thanks for this. Will order GTB. Thanks.

The Wanderer and Ghost Town Barber are similar in scent? Thanks for this. Will order GTB. Thanks.
To my nose, GTB had a lot of smokiness to it, more than I'd like. Then again I don't really like the leathery/smokey scents. I don't have Watchman, though.

I prefer Wanderer. It has more bright, citrus or fruity notes to my nose whereas GTB has smoky leather notes instead. I sprayed GTB aftershave today and it really reminds me of a old saloon type of scent; just not my thing at the moment.

Top Bottom