What's new

Zingari Man

If you prefer non tallow soaps, Zingari Man also has some vegan formula soaps that came out recently including Gypsy and Coconut Nanas. I haven’t tried them but there new vegan formula has been getting high praise

Thanks for the reply! Zingari's vegan soaps are not readily available in Europe, ordering from the UK/USA means a significant increase in price unfortunately..

I'm not entirely sure which scent to go for! Though, I'm leaning towards The Nomad or The Rambler.

I do not have either The Nomad or The Rambler, so I cannot help you decide.

When you are undecided between two soaps, there is only one correct answer. Buy both!

I just don’t like their prices. I bought a used watchman balm on a BST and I absolutely love it. I’m a fan of aquatics and this one is very unique! But $32 ish dollars seems crazy imho. I love to support the teen soap makers . Ones that have prices in the $13-$19 range but i don’t mind going in the low Twenties either like $23 and under. Anything over that I think is pushing it for a shaving soap. I mean let’s be honest I don’t care if you’re putting virgin teardrops and Gold leaf in your soaps, that’s just crazy

A follow-up from my review:

I hate to say it, but this soap is disappearing at a somewhat concerning rate. I’ve used this soap Only 4 times now and I would estimate it has depleted at least 25%. At this rate I’ll probably only get 15-20 shaves from the tub.

Anyone else notice this? I only load my brush for about 30 seconds. Barely enough for a 4 pass shave.
Exactly, I have used it twice, once with a boar, once with a synth, and I couldn't believe my eyes.
The boar picked up 4grams of product, so next time I used my EJ STF XL synth, a lather monster. It creates an excellent creamy lather from anything and it is fairly economical, 2gramms of product is more than enough from anything.
Not the Zingari Explorer, 5, five!!! 5 grams of soap disappeared in one average load for 3 passes. The shrinking of the puck is visible to your eyes while loading. Unbelievable.
My Zingari Explorer arrived the other day. This version falls in the category of "in between" - not hard, but not too soft either. The scent strength is light to mid and I find it very pleasant. It is complex scent and one can surely detects notes of citrus, woods, vetiver and benzoin. Yet it is hard to tell which scent note is the dominant one.

I still wish I had gotten the unscented or Magician ;((
to each their own, but for me the Explorer has a strong scent. 2 days after use, long after the brush has dried and put away in the cupboard, it fills the cupboard, and the scent "hits" you when you open it. (the brush was well rinsed and air dried).
I wasn’t mad on the stuff. Works fine but it’s not a soap to me. More like shaving with moisturizer. You need a ton of product to get any sort of volume going. It’s just doesn’t lather up for me. The Explorer is not a bad scent but if someone told me it was unscented I would believe them. Very mild and subdued. PIF’ed it and moved on.
I didn't have a problem lathering it, but it is very thirsty. That wouldn't be an issue, but it dries into a paste in very short time on the face.
View attachment 1210844Today is the inauguration day – of Zingari Man´s “The Explorer” in my den. It´s one of the soaps I ordered as soon as the 2021 sabbatical restock window opened (the parcel needed only 16 days to find my home base on this side of the pond – kudos to the shipping companies involved).

Since ZM sego base has received a lot of praises on this forum I decided to pull the trigger.

After having used ZM sego soap base three times as of yet (a colleague of mine PIFed me a sample of “The Wanderer”, which I used twice), I have to admit that I´m not overwhelmed. TBH, based on the experience made with sego base so far I´m bit disappointed.

Don´t get me wrong: the soap base appears to be a very good one but according to my initial impression it does not live up the hype. It does not surpass any of other soap bases I regularly use (B&M excelsior soap base, M&M Aon base, Stirling´s Soap “traditional” base, A& E, you name them… all are regarded to be top tier) either in terms of slickness or cushion. The post shave feel is good but by no means outstanding. I expected ZM sego base to shine in this category based on the reviews I had read, but it did not outstrip any of the contenders named above in terms of post shave feel.

Scent-wise this soap is a clear keeper. The scent is outstanding (!). It´s very close to Bulgari´s wood essence . Very nice balanced - it´s just yummy. Love the interpretation of this scent in the soap. If you like the fragrance – buy the soap with confidence.

Besides, I noticed that I need a bit more product to whip up the amount of lather I need for three passes (this is not a drawback for me, I just wanted to share my impression).

So my initial statement is (pls take it with a grain of salt due to the limited use of this soap base as of yet): Sego base is a good soap base but not an outstanding one. However, if you are interested in any particular scent of the ZM product line - don´t be reluctant to order a soap.

By the way, a winner in my books is the matching balm. It hydrates the skin very nicely – and again, the scent is very close to the original fragrance. It's soothing without being greasy and leaves the skin soft and subtle. Thumbs up!
+100

Resurrecting this old thread, sorry, but I have to vent my disappointment.
I searched for a thread to ask/post about my experience, but it seems the above quotes sum up my experience, so there is no question anymore really. YMMV.

I picked up the Explorer on a Black Friday sale, I didn't read anything about it before, just checked the ingredient list, and it looked decent, so I bought it. I don't care that much about post shave feel of the soap alone, I use a splash and a balm each time anyway.
Once you have it on your face, shave performance is good, but I don't feel that it would be anything special, Stirling and Speick work just as well, if not better.
Stirling(and many others) cost less and produce a creamier, longer lasting lather. Not to mention the insane usage rate of this soap. (From Stirling I use 2grams on average).

I have used it again, and to be fair, here are my slightly calmer comments.
The soap provides excellent protection, and I have noticed the "post shave feel" too. This is not a big factor to me, but it is there, no doubt. I cannot oversee however two things: excessive usage amount per shave, and that it needs to be watered continuously.

I have used my PAA Amber Aerolite 24mm synth today and it "only" took 3.2g-s of soap for 3 passes. The soap needs about twice as much water as anything else I have used. It needs a couple of drops between passes and a quick swirl in the bowl to evenly distribute the water, and I use a spray bottle to keep watering my face before and during application (on top of the usual rinse).
TLDR: It is cumbersome and expensive.

Now that I got MdC soaps, I'm going to sell off as much of the artisan soaps as I can. But Zingari Man few I can't get rid of. Highland is so nice, Illuminee is wonderful, Amir surprised me (grew on me), and Socialite is definitely one of my favorites, great scent, pleasant cooling.

I also got a couple of the solid extraits, they are great, very much looking forward to when she releases Highland solid extrait.

Exactly, I have used it twice, once with a boar, once with a synth, and I couldn't believe my eyes.
The boar picked up 4grams of product, so next time I used my EJ STF XL synth, a lather monster. It creates an excellent creamy lather from anything and it is fairly economical, 2gramms of product is more than enough from anything.
Not the Zingari Explorer, 5, five!!! 5 grams of soap disappeared in one average load for 3 passes. The shrinking of the puck is visible to your eyes while loading. Unbelievable.

Stirling(and many others) cost less and produce a creamier, longer lasting lather. Not to mention the insane usage rate of this soap. (From Stirling I use 2grams on average).

I bowl lather, I don't load from the tub. I use very little Zingari, well hydrated, I get enough for 3 pass and have plenty left over still.

Top Bottom