What's new

Zingari Man

I just shaved with Zingari Man Nomad in the new sego base. I haven't seen a post about the soap where people can share reviews so I thought I would start one. There is this one about different scents of the soap: Zingari Man Scents? - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/zingari-man-scents.578467/

I shaved with ZM for the first time this morning. It lathered easily although my first attempt was a little on the dry side. That's on me. It was easy enough to add a bit more water. Won't say this is a thirstier soap than others because I really wasn't paying attention this morning.

Face feel was fantastic. Great cushion and glide. I did my usual morning WTG and XTG two-pass with zero irritation . After rinsing off, I didn't think I needed any balm, splash, or anything else. I'm writing this 3 hours later and my face still feels moisturized, fresh, and clean—so, nothing was indeed needed. The soap rinsed off easily too, unlike some other soaps that also seek great post-shave performance.

How does it compare to other soaps? It's at least as good as Barrister and Mann's excelsior base. For me, I like it more than Declaration Grooming's milksteak base, but at worst we're splitting facial hairs in terms of what's better. Murphy and McNeil Aon and Kodiak still remain my favorites for now. But who knows what more shaving with ZM will reveal? I'm open to enjoying all the wonderful soaps, no matter their current marketing/performance/review. Yes, even you little Monsavon.

The scent? ZM describes it as a take on bay rum without clove. It lists three scents: sweet bay, lime, rum. Off the puck it was very, very lime-forward to my nose. Same with the shave. Lovely in fact. I don't get much of the other two scents, but my wife (who gives the scent a thumbs up) picked up on something more than just lime but could not identify it. Happy shaving!

I have an unopened tub of Magician and have used a sample of Wanderer that was sent along with it. I believe both are the vegan formulas. I enjoyed the power of the Wanderer scent, but found it more floral than most "barbershop" scents. I look forward to taking them for a spin. Thanks for the review!

My Zingari Man is slightly below M&M Kodiak or maybe they're even, both soaps are "better"
than my others. A&E Signature is my next best "new" base soap.If you value moisturizing
properties in your shave I think these are the best. I have not tried the Milk Steak base or
GD's new soaps. Then again I just got a great shave with a Maggards soap. Sure not going to
throw away my Long Rifle, CRSW, or even my lowly RazoRocks. I seem to get a very nice shave
with all of my soaps.

Last edited:
I’ve also recently got Zingari Man Nomad Sego and have found it fantastic, the post shave feel is exceptional. The scent is indeed lime forward with a background hum of Rum/spice.

I haven’t tried many US Artisans but also recently got A&E Uno and it certainly beats that hands down on post shave and protection.

I recently got a Nomad set, as well, and it is very, very good. I like the scent (my den was missing something citrus forward), and the base is up there with the very best.

Also, I highly recommend the balm. I’m normally a splash guy, but the balm is really nice.

I neglected to mention explicitly that Zingari Man sego is a fantastic shaving soap. If you are looking for a top, elite shaving soap, ZM sego is there. Have no fears, just go find a scent you like or want to explore. The soap will not disappoint.

Zingari is also restocking the @West Coast Shaving exclusive, The Soloist, soon. It is a dupe of Maison Margiela Replica Jazz Club cologne, if you don't find any of the normal line of scents to your liking.

And I very much agree with @Odenihy that the balms are top notch! I used to rarely use balms, but use a Zingari balm most days simply due to how wonderful the face feel is. Heather has two main versions of her balms (regular balm formula and a Sego balm with tallow). The Sego version is meant for winter to add a little more fat to your skin in the cold, dry weather. Both versions are outstanding!

Zingari is also restocking the @West Coast Shaving exclusive, The Soloist, soon. It is a dupe of Maison Margiela Replica Jazz Club cologne, if you don't find any of the normal line of scents to your liking.

And I very much agree with @Odenihy that the balms are top notch! I used to rarely use balms, but use a Zingari balm most days simply due to how wonderful the face feel is. Heather has two main versions of her balms (regular balm formula and a Sego balm with tallow). The Sego version is meant for winter to add a little more fat to your skin in the cold, dry weather. Both versions are outstanding!
What is the consistency of the balms?

What is the consistency of the balms?

They Sego balm with tallow is pretty thick, but your skin really absorbs pretty quickly. The regular balms are a little thinner, but still are on the thicker side but are also very creamy at the same time and also absorb into the skin pretty quickly. Both balms don't have a greasy feel after they are absorbed into the skin.

I just acquired The Magician in the Sego (tallow) base along with the balm (nontallow) in the same scent.

Based on one shave I can say that I really like this scent--fresh and green to my nose. The shave itself was excellent--more than that I am not prepared to say based on one shave only at this point. One thing that struck me was the ointment-like consistency of the soap. My tub was really soft--not necessarily a good or bad thing. It did make it easier for me to lather once it was scooped out and smeared on the bottom of my lathering bowl. I use a really sharp hunting knife to cut a little soap off my pucks--in this instance it was more a case of corralling the proper amount rather than cutting it off the puck.

Use of the balm was uneventful though once is not enough to really fairly judge this product. It did soak into my skin and accomplish its purpose of conditioning. I am generally more in favor of splashes over balms but did not see any splashes available. I wish the scent of the balm was more pronounced as I really liked the scent of the soap. Generally, I like to buy matching aftershave products, especially splashes, to enhance my enjoyment of the scent. I cannot say that this balm addressed this goal well but perhaps that will change when I use it a few more times.

Last edited:
I will add some pics from the review I did on a few other sites of this top tier soap!

Vr

Matt

3C1EB450-8243-4E37-80A2-41A9A5AEEA92.jpeg
870A2666-CF75-49D7-B469-D21C317F0D47.jpeg
6E35177C-9925-4F59-9C4C-3D48317AD4B6.jpeg
61EA7737-D9E5-4237-B79C-3B92CC8D4842.jpeg
AA758A56-79D9-4F22-9489-2A05519FF43F.jpeg
2AC7BAB3-8A36-47A7-B8FF-9A963EA280CA.jpeg
2A38639F-A117-4A1B-8402-E9153FAB3A96.jpeg

I have evaluated a lot of soaps and Zingari Man Sego is one of the best, especially if you value post-shave feel and post-post shave feel. It is definitely an elite soap. I shaved with Sego Wanderer yesterday afternoon. It has been 20 hours since I shaved and I can still feel the skin conditioning ingredients at work on my face. Although I have other soaps that make my face feel great after the shave, with most of them, the effect starts to wear off after 8-12 hours, with some even sooner. That is not the case with Zingari man Sego. It will keep my face feeling great for 24 hours or longer.

Ariana and Evans, Barrister and Mann, Declaration Grooming, Grooming Department, Murphy and McNeil, and Wholly Kaw also have products in the elite category alongside Zingari Man Sego. If you like superb performance, you should try out the latest releases from each of them. They are so good that I have difficulty finding any deficiency in any of them. I have long had a system for evaluating soaps, but the latest releases are so good that I had to revise my rating system to accommodate the improved performance of these soaps. Some of the soaps I used to consider as elite have now been downgraded to the premium category, but they are still fine soaps.

What is the most safe scent to start trying this soaps? I'm super curious :D

I've done some research on this very question, and I'd say go for the Explorer, I read the reviews on Maggards Razors and Zingari Men's website, and they were all positive about the scent, and it is the only scent currently sold out on Maggards but the good news is that they'd soon re-stock on Explorer

Is that bowl as big as it looks or do you have really small gear? Or are my eyes playing tricks on me? That seems more like a shaving basin.

bahahhaha! Your eyes do not deceive you...that’s actually a huge singing bowl.

It’s heavy, I have found I make way better lather in the bigger bowl!

Vr

Matt

Top Bottom