What's new

Zingari Man vs A&E soaps

... I’ve got Pine and Electric Sheep heading my way.
Will be curious to hear what you think of Electric Sheep. I tried it and liked it well enough but it's... Uh... Well... It's really something. Not what I'd want for a "daily-driver", personally, but I'm glad I gave it a whirl.

There is an interesting post about Ariana & Evans at r/wetshaving on Reddit called: Four Grievances: Ariana and Evans (A&E)

Regardless of where you stand on the issues in the post, the writeup brings excellent points about one specific artisan tactics to upsell his soaps. I believe USA artisan soap makers are nearing snake oil peddlers status at this point. The competition is fierce!
I will certainly avoid A&E products. I understand the base is pretty good, but their "mixologist" seems shady, and I really don't get their marketing. The pin-up thing is, imho, pretty cringe worthy.

I have one A&E soap. It's a good soap. I also got the skin food in the same scent (Spartacus). I remember looking at the ingredients label and thinking how amateurish the printed label looked. It looked to be printed at home with an old dot matrix printer. I'm really not into the whole club thing and all the confusion that comes with it- what's available to the public vs the club. The 2 different web sites. I think A&E has the most contemporary scents of all the artisans, so if that's your thing then A&E is for you. And I don't like the graphics on the tubs- i know what naked women look like and i don't need to see that on my shave soap tubs or even goat heads for that matter. I don't think his products are bad, but i don't like his entire business model so i won't support A&E.

Zingari on the other hand, far more inclusive to all. If you've ever seen picture of Heather- her skin is absolutely impeccable and if she's putting any of the products she uses on her own face in the shave soaps then that's telling you something. Great person, great business, take my money.

Well it's been a couple weeks since I derailed a thread, so here I go! I was looking to try Ethos for some time now and had samples in the cart, but their samples are as much as a whole tub of some other soaps. I happened to find a set, not from their website, of the one scent I knew would be foolproof so I ordered that instead. For the same cost as 3 samples, no splash. They have actual alcohol splashes which some of these companies seem to be moving away from so that's a definite plus for me. I don't even like soft soaps, but the ingredient list is exactly what you want to see for a top tier soap. And they are supposed to be one of the few companies that produces fancy soaps that don't have irritants in them. Like somebody in another thread said, start at the top. It's cheaper in the end. 🤷‍♂️

Also, House of Mammoth is likely very close to Zingari Man and A&E at a more reasonable price. I am waiting till October on that because the scent I want is more a Fall/Winter thing.

I have all 6 of the Stirling Mutton base soaps, they are easily elite of the elite (in my use anyway) it honestly ruined me for the most of the uber fancy soap bases out there that are also elite level, but at 2 and 3 times the cost, and 10 times the hype. But I also have had excellent, slick and luxurious shaves with both A&E and Zingari Man, no knock against them at all in performance.

I have all 6 of the Stirling Mutton base soaps, they are easily elite of the elite (in my use anyway) it honestly ruined me for the most of the uber fancy soap bases out there that are also elite level, but at 2 and 3 times the cost, and 10 times the hype. But I also have had excellent, slick and luxurious shaves with both A&E and Zingari Man, no knock against them at all in performance.
You're kind of confirming my own suspicions regarding Stirling. I'm trying to find something that works better for me than Orange Chill and it's proving surprisingly difficult. The extravagantly priced MdC has recently fallen, as has A&E. This morning a DG soap put up a good fight and might show it can equal the performance I get from Orange Chill.

A sample puck of mutton-tallow-based Varen is currently inbound as well as samples of Piacenza and Glacial Peach. Just to keep things scientific, of course.

I do have a sample of Zingari Man (Watchman) so I'll give that a go with my next shave to see if it can hold a candle to Orange Chill.

Zingari and A&E are both great soaps, but I think A&E is better!

Here are some pics of Spartacus lathered during my last shave:
9FC7C53F-1B7B-490B-9C15-284D5EAA8893.jpeg
C0756410-E8CB-4321-A105-B1DA0EA5303B.jpeg
6EEAA77D-A5C6-489F-B702-C8768FE1BB1E.jpeg
305A6CF8-DF0B-4CB8-A91F-FFA508697A31.jpeg

Thanks everyone for your time to reply I have Stirling spice, barbershop and orange chill great soaps along with zingari man the Wander which is almost empty and the navigator thanks again

There is an interesting post about Ariana & Evans at r/wetshaving on Reddit called: Four Grievances: Ariana and Evans (A&E)

Regardless of where you stand on the issues in the post, the writeup brings excellent points about one specific artisan tactics to upsell his soaps. I believe USA artisan soap makers are nearing snake oil peddlers status at this point. The competition is fierce!
Thanks for the link gives me something to think about with A&E soaps

You're kind of confirming my own suspicions regarding Stirling. I'm trying to find something that works better for me than Orange Chill and it's proving surprisingly difficult. The extravagantly priced MdC has recently fallen, as has A&E. This morning a DG soap put up a good fight and might show it can equal the performance I get from Orange Chill.

A sample puck of mutton-tallow-based Varen is currently inbound as well as samples of Piacenza and Glacial Peach. Just to keep things scientific, of course.

I do have a sample of Zingari Man (Watchman) so I'll give that a go with my next shave to see if it can hold a candle to Orange Chill.
Stirling Orange Chill is great and I am thinking about getting Zingari Man The Watchman, thanks

Stirling Orange Chill is great and I am thinking about getting Zingari Man The Watchman, thanks
I shaved with Zingari Man "Watchman" this morning. While it didn't totally knock Orange Chill off its pedestal, ZM is definitely NOT fooling around; I'd say it's equally as good, performance-wise, as Orange Chill.

Declaration Grooming's Milksteak base (I have "Original") is another soap I put in this category.

After finding all the older threads and reading them, I am debating between The Navigator and The Watchman. I don't need another summer scent right now, so I think Navigator is out. But, Watchman both intrigues and worries me with the scent descriptions. I like that it was formulated by Chatillon Lux, I feel more inclined to trust them. I ordered samples for both because, why not. I Still love Explorer when I want a cologne scent.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Will be curious to hear what you think of Electric Sheep. I tried it and liked it well enough but it's... Uh... Well... It's really something. Not what I'd want for a "daily-driver", personally, but I'm glad I gave it a whirl.
I love the Glacial Electric Sheep. A perfect summer scent with menthol kick. Simply awesome addition to my den.

A&E is good soap but their marketing is super off putting and cheesy. Both are good soaps but overpriced in my opinion.

I’m with the folks who are praising Stirling’s mutton tallow. When I got a tub of unscented Sheep, it blew the doors off of anything I’ve used before.
(I’ve tried *a lot* of soaps)

Varen and Pine are incoming. Possible I stop buying anything else.

Stirling are wonderful people as well.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
A&E is good soap but their marketing is super off putting and cheesy. Both are good soaps but overpriced in my opinion.

I’m with the folks who are praising Stirling’s mutton tallow. When I got a tub of unscented Sheep, it blew the doors of of anything I’ve used before.
(I’ve tried *a lot* of soaps)

Varen and Pine are incoming. Possible I stop buying anything else.

Stirling are wonderful people as well.
Spot on!

Top Bottom