What's new

Zingari Man The Rambler vs The Watchman vs The Merchant

Hi all,

I'm quite new on this topic. I've recently started using a safety razor and I'm using the Vanille Vendetta shaving soap from A&E, which I really love.

I want to get a second shaving soap to alternate, and I've read really good opinions about Zingari Man sego soaps, so I want to try them out. I've read all the scene descriptions and these are my finalists, but I can't decide:

• The Rambler: I'm concerned about how much it smells like tobacco, as it is not something I like.
  • The Watchman: The one I'm most curious about, but there is no description of what it smells like.
  • The Merchant: Not sure because some descriptions mention that it smells too spicy.
Considering that I like soft, sweet or fruity scents, which of these three would be the best choice? Are there any others from ZM I should consider?

Thanks in advance!

Regards.

They're all good but the Rambler would probably be your best bet, the tobacco isn't over the top and it is the most fruit forward of the 3 you're considering

Of the three, I only have the Watchman. If you are curious, I think it is a safe bet. I cannot describe the scent, except that it is subtle, not overpowering, and very well done. A stormy night is the only apt description I can give as I am not sophisticated enough to identify particular notes.

The Watchman is the one that people say smells like sophisticated blueberry. I get what they are saying, but don't completely agree with that simplification. As I am typing, second the above...

I don't get any tobacco note from The Rambler so you're good with this choice. It also happens to be one my favorite of soaps, period. A really pleasant scent that I believe anyone would like.

The Watchman has been steadily climbing its way to the top of my soaps, very unique/intoxicating scent and the Sego base provides an awesome post-shave during the colder months. I typically use hard soaps (MdC, SV, Haslinger, etc.) but I will certainly restock The Watchman, might also give one of Zingari's vegan soaps a try once the 2022 sabbatical is done.

I've received The Watchman today, and to be honest, I have no idea how to describe it. It smells salty, like being in a salt mine close to the sea. The scene is soft, discrete, not too sweet. I think I was expecting something else, and the first time I smelled it I wasn't crazy about it, but as I smell it I'm getting used to it and I'm liking it more and more. It's a strange smell that takes a bit of getting used to.

I'll try it out this weekend. Normally the scene changes when you get it wet, so I'll see how it evolves.

Apart from the Watchman, I've got the A&E Vanille Vendetta aftershave (I already had the soap), and I'm completely crazy about it.

their other scents Maggard Razors has samples
With an earlier purchase, ZM sent me a sample of Watchman. I cracked it open today and put it into an empty tub. I plan to use it on Monday. The scent to me is salty air combined with a nice mild, fruity/floral cologne (I want to say iris/orris, but what do I know). It's a lovely aquatic no matter what. And the sego base is certainly top notch.

Top Bottom