What's new

Zingari Man Scents?

I am trying to decide which Zingari man soap to buy and the scent descriptions are too vague for me to know what it is actually going to smell like. Can anyone who has tried them tell me more about these scents?

Thanks in advance!

Most of Zingari's scents are on the fresh side of the scent spectrum. Heather is trying to diversify some with the recent releases.

Their last release, the Explorer, is a dupe of Bvlgari Man Wood Essence. Tallow base only.

I don't have the Soloist yet from ordering it on Cyber Monday so can't speak to that recent WCS exclusive release. Tallow base only.

For some of the other scents I have tried:

The Wanderer - take on a standard barbershop scent - citrus, oakmoss, basil and patchouli. Fairly new addition to their lineup. Tallow base only.

The Magician - fresh, clean and bright scent. One of my favorites of the original scents. Offered in tallow and vegan options.

The Lothario - Tobacco scent, but not as dark as some tobacco scents. I use it anytime of the year. This was my first Zingari soap. Vegan base only.

The Mariner - Only had a sample of this, but really fresh aquatic married with some lime. Vegan only.

I have the new Sego tallow versions of The Wanderer and The Magician. I would concur with the descriptions given above.

I am not a huge fan of barbershop scents, but The Wanderer is one of the better ones I have in my collection.

The Magician has a bright orange scent on top a Fougere base. It is quite pleasant.

I also ordered The Soloist, but won't try that until after Christmas. That is supposed to be a combinations of pink pepper, rum, & tobacco, so I am not certain the scent will be for me.

The performance of the Sego tallow base is spectacular, especially if you value post-shave feel and conditioning. I rank the new formula among the very best artisan soaps available today. Considering the current availability of Declaration Grooming Milksteak, Wholly Kaw Siero, Murphy & McNeil Kodiak, Grooming Department Nai, and Barrister & Mann Excelsior, Zingari Man Sego is holding its own among some serious competition.

Most of Zingari's scents are on the fresh side of the scent spectrum. Heather is trying to diversify some with the recent releases.

Their last release, the Explorer, is a dupe of Bvlgari Man Wood Essence. Tallow base only.

I don't have the Soloist yet from ordering it on Cyber Monday so can't speak to that recent WCS exclusive release. Tallow base only.

For some of the other scents I have tried:

The Wanderer - take on a standard barbershop scent - citrus, oakmoss, basil and patchouli. Fairly new addition to their lineup. Tallow base only.

The Magician - fresh, clean and bright scent. One of my favorites of the original scents. Offered in tallow and vegan options.

The Lothario - Tobacco scent, but not as dark as some tobacco scents. I use it anytime of the year. This was my first Zingari soap. Vegan base only.

The Mariner - Only had a sample of this, but really fresh aquatic married with some lime. Vegan only.

Great descriptions!! :a14: :a14:

Thanks for the help gents. Based on what I read here, I decided on the Magician. I already have tons of woody scents (so no Explorer) and I am not a big fan of Barbershop or Bay Rum in general (so no Wanderer or Nomad). And since I was married to the idea of the new Sego base, none of the other scents are an option. Super helpful thanks.

Just my 2 cents worth but I had the pleasure to meet Heather and her husband at a meet up in Louisville. She could have not been nicer and very knowledgeable. I have since order twice great quick service and outstanding product.

Just my 2 cents worth but I had the pleasure to meet Heather and her husband at a meet up in Louisville. She could have not been nicer and very knowledgeable. I have since order twice great quick service and outstanding product.

For those who live within a days drive of any shaving meet, I highly recommend taking advantage of the opportunity. I went to the on in early June at Maggards Razors. It was great talking with the folks at Maggards and getting to me a lot of the artisan soapmakers. Even my wife enjoyed roaming around the store. Of course, if you go to something like that, any acquisition disorders you might have will kick in big time, so be prepared.

For those who live within a days drive of any shaving meet, I highly recommend taking advantage of the opportunity. I went to the on in early June at Maggards Razors. It was great talking with the folks at Maggards and getting to me a lot of the artisan soapmakers. Even my wife enjoyed roaming around the store. Of course, if you go to something like that, any acquisition disorders you might have will kick in big time, so be prepared.
Well said in every way!!

Havent tried Zingari soap base yet, but her older line called 'Smitten Soapery" was a fantastic soap base that was criminally underrated.

Did get to sniff test a few tubs from Maggards and concur with others opinions, the scents are on the fresh side some more Aquatic than others. Would really like to see a Rose scent or something really dark like Coffee wpuld be cool.

Shaved with Magician for the first time two days ago and I love the scent. A great pairing with DR Harris Arlington (citrus / fern). Could not be happier with the scent. The soap is first-rate, too, but far softer than I expected. But I am sure I'll manage.

The new Zingari Man Sego base tallow formulation is definitely not underrated. It is superb. It may have the best post-shave and post-post shave feel of any soap I have ever used. It leaves the skin feeling wonderful immediately after the shave and keeps in feeling that way for hours.

I have Magician which smells great, Wanderer which is a fairly typical barbershop scent, and The Soloist scent that is exclusive to West Coast Shaving. The later is a wonderfully complex tobacco and rum based scent.
I have not tried Nomad. Although I like bay rum scents, I am concerned that the concentration of lime might irritate my skin.

I have Nomad, which is supposedly their most popular scent. It's ok with a top note of lime muted
with bay rum. Nothing too extravagant or complex in the scent dept. but it's a great soap base.
Second to my M&M Nantahala Kodiak base by a hair or so. I wouldn't be surprised to see these bases
being used by other artisan soap makers in the near future.

I have Nomad, which is supposedly their most popular scent. It's ok with a top note of lime muted
with bay rum. Nothing too extravagant or complex in the scent dept. but it's a great soap base.
Second to my M&M Nantahala Kodiak base by a hair or so. I wouldn't be surprised to see these bases
being used by other artisan soap makers in the near future.

It is certainly possible that other artisans can use similar ingredients to other artisans. However, the "magic" comes when the proper amounts of each ingredient is combined. Since most of the better soaps can contain 15-25 ingredients (the new Grooming Department Nai base has about 40), getting the formulation right is not easy, even if you have the ingredient list.

My 3 favorite soap bases right now are Zingari Man, DG Milksteak and WK Siero. Of these, my favorite scents are Zingari Man Magician and DG Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli. Since Y/R/P is currently out of stock, Zingari Man Magician is my single #1 favorite soap right now - incredible slickness, glide, consistency and post-shave feel. Magician is a great combination of orange, oak moss and fern, very well done and well blended in my opinion. No. 1 out of some stiff competition!

Sorry - I forgot to say, my post about Zingari is talking about the Zingari Man Sego base. I haven’t tried the original base.

Of all the scents proposed in the new Sego base, I think I would like the new relase Explorer.

Someone can report about its scent?!?

The Explorer scent is pretty new and there are not a lot of reviews. However, Ruds Shaves just released a review of the soap yesterday. He describes it as a masculine, fresh, clean scent. It is his favorite Zingari scent. The scent is also approved by his spouse. If I did not already have three of the Sego scents, I would be ordering Explorer.

As far as the performance of the Sego base, it is one of the best out there and the post-shave feel may be the best I have experienced.

Shaved with Magician for the first time two days ago and I love the scent. A great pairing with DR Harris Arlington (citrus / fern). Could not be happier with the scent. The soap is first-rate, too, but far softer than I expected. But I am sure I'll manage.

Glad you like the scent. Magician has always been one of my favorites from Zingari. And, as you stated, the soap has outstanding performance to boot.

Top Bottom