What's new

Zingari Man -- Masculine Scents?

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I'm assuming, based on the thread title, that you want to stick with Zingari Man soaps. The Wanderer is one of my favorite scents, a unique, soft aquatic/barbershop mix. The other is The Nomad... Zingari Man's take on Bay Rum. Neither of those scents is sickly sweet or overpowering in my opinion.

In my experience, the scent of soaps and creams rarely sticks around for any serious length of time after the shave is over. The Watchman sounds like an exception to this. Will definitely steer clear of it. Best of luck with your search.

Strangely, you might actually like Manna di Sicilia. I am not sure how to describe it, it's not for me. It's an old scent redone right, very strange in the US to immediately recognize the scent. Still don't like it.
Tundra & Desert Vetiver plus the lotions: Ok, so, consider me blown away by SV. Many people here say that Zingari offers more protection, for me -- it's the opposite. YMMV or fact? The scent is by far the best I've encountered in ANY soap (artisans have a long way to go, like, LONG) and the value is insane, I feel like this thing will last for years. Also, no animal fat? What the hell? I was under the impression (again, thanks to US artisans) that it was mandatory for a good lather, hell, A&E is trying bear tallow now, I mean, what's next?

Anyway, I don't want to continue as this may feel like a direct attack on artisans. Don't get me wrong, Zingari is still up there for me, at least on the performance department.

p.s. I gave arko a try and at this point I will consider anyone claiming it's good that they're trolling. Nothing special about the lather, it also has a strong chemical scent, my WC liquid smells almost exactly the same. Anyone shaving with this and enjoying it needs to question their life decisions. Slightly hyperbolic there, but yeah, my opinion will not change.

Tundra & Desert Vetiver plus the lotions: Ok, so, consider me blown away by SV. Many people here say that Zingari offers more protection, for me -- it's the opposite. YMMV or fact? The scent is by far the best I've encountered in ANY soap (artisans have a long way to go, like, LONG) and the value is insane, I feel like this thing will last for years. Also, no animal fat? What the hell? I was under the impression (again, thanks to US artisans) that it was mandatory for a good lather, hell, A&E is trying bear tallow now, I mean, what's next?

Anyway, I don't want to continue as this may feel like a direct attack on artisans. Don't get me wrong, Zingari is still up there for me, at least on the performance department.

p.s. I gave arko a try and at this point I will consider anyone claiming it's good that they're trolling. Nothing special about the lather, it also has a strong chemical scent, my WC liquid smells almost exactly the same. Anyone shaving with this and enjoying it needs to question their life decisions. Slightly hyperbolic there, but yeah, my opinion will not change.
Paging @FarmerTan......lol

p.s. I gave arko a try and at this point I will consider anyone claiming it's good that they're trolling.
So did I and I am sorry to say anything positive about it, but if you get it right it is really slick. Prepare for a Farmer Tanning lol, this is an Arko thread now! :lol:

Tundra & Desert Vetiver plus the lotions: Ok, so, consider me blown away by SV.
I just got my Tundra this week and I CAN’T STOP USING IT.

Disclaimer: Tundra Artica may cause nasal stimulation that some people find addictive. If the desire to lather your whole body and pour the bottle of lotion on your head lasts longer than three hours, consult your health care provider. They will prescribe Arko, until your nose is numb. :a6:

I just got my Tundra this week and I CAN’T STOP USING IT.

Disclaimer: Tundra Artica may cause nasal stimulation that some people find addictive. If the desire to lather your whole body and pour the bottle of lotion on your head lasts longer than three hours, consult your health care provider. They will prescribe Arko, until your nose is numb. :a6:
LOL! They should have that written on the box.

As for Arko, I hate to admit but yes, it wasn't that bad, performance wise, but the scent was so off-putting that it made me hate it. Hopefully this will soothe the average Arko enjoyer. As for the fanatics, well, it can't be helped, I am not responsible for other people's masochistic tendencies! :p :p

but the scent was so off-putting
This is the first time I am having a serious debate about wether it's better to let it air out or seal it tightly! I actually kind of like the smell at first, but then it gets kind of chemically and won't go away. Like an uninvited drunk in your house. :001_unsur

This is the first time I am having a serious debate about wether it's better to let it air out or seal it tightly! I actually kind of like the smell at first, but then it gets kind of chemically and won't go away. Like an uninvited drunk in your house. :001_unsur
The thing's downright offensive, it's a shame, really. Haslinger Sheep's Milk was excellent btw, extremely surprised by that one.

The thing's downright offensive, it's a shame, really. Haslinger Sheep's Milk was excellent btw, extremely surprised by that one.
This is where YMMV comes into play. I like the Haslinger Schafmilk lather, but I can't stand the scent. Some describe it as light and mild and "soapy" but to me it is cloyingly sweet. I did ok with it for the first few shaves but grew to dislike it.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
@kingfisher : thank you my friend for pointing this out!

This person is going to be removed from my upcoming 50% off promo mailing list for a years pass to Arkoland!

This is where YMMV comes into play. I like the Haslinger Schafmilk lather, but I can't stand the scent. Some describe it as light and mild and "soapy" but to me it is cloyingly sweet. I did ok with it for the first few shaves but grew to dislike it.
Hmm, not sweet for me at all, I would also describe it as soapy, similar to MWF. YMMV indeed.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Yeah....not for me. I'm easily the manliest man that lives in my house since my son moved out, and even I couldn't make coconut smell manly.

CSSw.gif

FarmerTan

Mr Yosemite Sam is my favorite character of Loonies!

I'm a lot like him, tho I am getting better at not going off half clocked.

FarmerTan

Your post reminded me of that cartoon... "I HATES COCONUTS!"
He is a man of few, but LOUD werds, is Yosemite!

When/if I finally get that final diagnosis from my Docs I plan to buy some blanks and run (okay, walk) up and down my street screaming at Bugs and shootin' the daylights out of everything in my path....

Perhaps some old fashioned cap guns, and I won't have to worry about police?

Top Bottom