What's new

Zimmerman Verdict - READ POST #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all in the hands of the Jury, now.

Guilty, Not Guilty, or Hung Jury? I'm curious, Not what you you think should happen but what do you think will happen?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Pardon me while I state the blazingly obvious.

This thread has the potential to get real nasty, real fast. Don't take it there. Think before you post. Think twice before you post. Keep it polite, keep it civil, keep it in line with the great tradition of gentlemanly conduct here at B&B.

Pardon me while I state the blazingly obvious.

This thread has the potential to get real nasty, real fast. Don't take it there. Think before you post. Think twice before you post. Keep it polite, keep it civil, keep it in line with the great tradition of gentlemanly conduct here at B&B.

Completely agree. Thats why I am not asking for opinion on what the verdict should be. Just about what you think the Jury will do.

Completely agree. Thats why I am not asking for opinion on what the verdict should be. Just about what you think the Jury will do.

I think it will come down a manslaughter discussion. I think that's the reason why the Court instructed on the lesser included. I haven't followed enough to decide which way they will go.

From what I have seen and the law in Florida, I think he will be acquitted. Whether he followed Martin or not, he felt he was in danger of great bodily harm. According to Florida law he can defend himslef with deadly force.

I predict not guilty on 2nd degree homicide. If the jury does consider lesser included I could see them finding him guilty on a manslaughter or aggravated battery charge. It all comes down to how the jury views that self-defense law. If not guilty on all charges then there will be a civil trial for wrongful death damages. IMO.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Strike one.

$1umpire.jpg

I listened to a very interesting video from the Suburban Sentinel on Youtube entitled "George Zimmerman Trial: Are You On the Right Side". It was an awesome video explaining what should happen and the tragedy of the incident. I believe that it did not give an opinion for either side.

I think trials should not be televised, that TV pseudo-journalists should stop pretending that they have the vaguest notion of what is going on, and that we should give the jury the benefit of the doubt when guessing whether they will appropriately apply the law to the facts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom