What's new

Zero waste blades without glue!

Hi,

I love how Personna reds are just tucket in the folded paper, but dislike that they're packed in plastic. But on Astras, I don't like the glue. Are there any "upper scale" blades that are wrapped only in paper, no glue or plastic?

Thanks!

Personna Med Prep come 100 to a box, wrapped in wax paper. Very small amount of packaging compared to others.

med-rep01.jpg

Hi,

I love how Personna reds are just tucket in the folded paper, but dislike that they're packed in plastic. But on Astras, I don't like the glue. Are there any "upper scale" blades that are wrapped only in paper, no glue or plastic?

Thanks!

I think it's harmless wax.

Those plastic cases make great used blade banks which take ~ 50 used blades. The Rapira Super Stainless have minimum wax but the blade is no match for the Astra SP. Manufacturers like to protect the blade edges during transit hence the wax to stop the blades moving about.

Personna Labs or Med Preps are great blades for me and have no glue and about as little packaging as you can get away with I think.

Gillette 7 O’clock Super Platinum is one of the most versatile blades on the market and I think it satisfies your no plastic/no glue requirement.

Makes me think of Forest Gump... You can use it in a mild razor; you can use it in an aggressive razor; you can use it with one day’s growth; you can use it with two day’s growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kai blades come nice a free of any glue. They are also very good blades, they are a bit wider so they do make a more aggressive shave.

Personally, I like the plastic dispensers with the slot in the back to hold used blades. Safest way to dispose of used razor blades.

Lord blades. The Lord Cool is an amazing blade to me. Comes in a paper box and no wax dots.

I hate those blades with plastic containers too. They take up too much space in my box.

Interesting...my Rubie Blades are marketed for the Philippines...would be interesting to know what the difference is if any. But see no wax...

It melted in the incredible heat/humidity there. :whistling: 😄

I would love to get ahold of some of those Rubie Ultra Stainless blades, but I have never seen them for sale on Ebay or any other vendor who will ship to the USA.

It melted in the incredible heat/humidity there. :whistling: 😄

I would love to get ahold of some of those Rubie Ultra Stainless blades, but I have never seen them for sale on Ebay or any other vendor who will ship to the USA.

It is probably because shipping from the Philippines to the US/Canada is very expensive. Minimum international shipping by air is about $40 USD for the first kilo. By ship is about $20 but takes 2-3 months to get there.

Top Bottom