What's new

ZENITH MANCHURIAN BADGER BRUSHES

linty1

My wallet cries.
Interesting on the manchurian knot... is sounds description-wise? Like a 2 band badger with the "stiffer backbone and soft tips"... what sets the manchurian hair apart? or is it one and the same?

Just for reference here is a Zenith "Best" knot, pre-bloom and bloom.
20210508_123025.jpg
20210508_122931.jpg

I don't have the size your interested in but have a few Maggard's SHD, Oumo " Silky" in Manchurian and HMW, plus a Zenith Manchurian. Density of all the knots is excellent but that's where comparisons end. The Zenith Manchurian is quite a bit different than the SHD knots I have and I don't mean that in a bad way. Its a great knot which begs the question, I wonder what the Zenith best quality knot is like.

@oscar11 thanks for the response. i ended up grabbing a Zenith Manchurian copper handle recently and you’re right....it is quite a bit different than a SHD knot, but in a good way. the Zenith has pleasant scrub and is a nice departure from treated, gelly, knots that appear to be quite common right now.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
@oscar11 thanks for the response. i ended up grabbing a Zenith Manchurian copper handle recently and you’re right....it is quite a bit different than a SHD knot, but in a good way. the Zenith has pleasant scrub and is a nice departure from treated, gelly, knots that appear to be quite common right now.

I have only one gel knot. At first I liked it. Over time I came to appreciate the few very negative comments about its yucky chemical feel. I realize others like the knot, and not just a little bit, but I don't. They probably don't like the knots I prefer, knots which might be soft but don't sacrifice scrub to achieve softness.

To me, the Manchurians are the top of the heap. Having no idea what the term actually means, and realizing it means almost nothing I am leery of some so called Manchurians. I love my two Zenith Manchurians and my one Simpson CH3 Manchurian. My two RV Manchurians are less favored than the other three, but still excellent.

Other similar knots include my Shavemac D01, and, to a lesser extent, my two Shavemac non-D01 two bands.

One of my very best "Manchurians" is the Semogue SOC Mistura. Obviously, I'll stretching the term to an extreme extent to make the point that I like its delicious scrub.

The Zenith Manchurians are great knots, at least mine are. The knots have changed a lot over time, and not in a bad way (so far).

Happy shaves,

Jim

Lol, you guys ever try a gelled boar? Talk about slimy feeling. I'm going to be messing around with a "Manchurian" this week that feels quite a bit different than the Zenith Manchurian. The Zenith is what I would expect from a Manchurian knot.

Top Bottom