What's new

Zenith boar?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I think @Chan Eil Whiskers has one. I know he has Zenith brushes, and know a BOSC member owns an aluminum Zenith boar. Just not 100% sure both are indeed the same :)

Metal.Zenith.Boars.9-27-18.640.JPG

I have these metal handled Zenith boars and several that have other handles or knots. They're all good.

Better than good. Very, very good. I love my Zenith boars.

3Boars.Mondial.BigScrubby.+.640.8-18.JPG

The Mondial is probably my favorite boar, but the Zeniths are very very close.

There are some great brushes out there.

Thater Brush falls apart.news..png

Never heard anything bad about a Zenith boar. I'd like to have the 24 mm aluminum boar one day, but I have plenty for the foreseeable future. My favorite brush of all is my Zenith Manchurian. They make great brushes.

Zenith.Copper.boar.Manchurian.2.640.7-14-18.JPG

The aluminum handle is not light weight but it is much lighter than their other metal handle whether it's chrome plated or naked brass like the two above.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I don't have any. I have read 2 opinions, saying that the bristle is better than Omega, but both had very bad shedding problem. Take it for what it's worth.

I don't have any. I have read 2 opinions, saying that the bristle is better than Omega, but both had very bad shedding problem. Take it for what it's worth.
I have twelve Zenith brushes and have never had shedding problems with any of them.

Last edited:
View attachment 937468

I have these metal handled Zenith boars and several that have other handles or knots. They're all good.

Better than good. Very, very good. I love my Zenith boars.

View attachment 937470

The Mondial is probably my favorite boar, but the Zeniths are very very close.

There are some great brushes out there.

View attachment 937471

Never heard anything bad about a Zenith boar. I'd like to have the 24 mm aluminum boar one day, but I have plenty for the foreseeable future. My favorite brush of all is my Zenith Manchurian. They make great brushes.
View attachment 937474

The aluminum handle is not light weight but it is much lighter than their other metal handle whether it's chrome plated or naked brass like the two above.

Happy shaves,

Jim

LOVELY COLLECTION!! :a14::a14::a14::a14::a14:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I am not a fan of copper or aluminum handles. Otherwise great

Small.Zeniths.Boars.640.9-28-18.JPG

I like all sorts of handles including (I suspect) some handle shapes I don't yet own, but what do you not like about aluminum and copper handles? What about other metals?

Jade.MightyMidget.640.4-18.JPG

These are both Omegas. Connaught offers both.

Not saying you should like anything particular. It doesn't matter to me and is none of my business but I'm curious.

Happy shaves,

Jim

View attachment 937597

I like all sorts of handles including (I suspect) some handle shapes I don't yet own, but what do you not like about aluminum and copper handles? What about other metals?

View attachment 937598

These are both Omegas. Connaught offers both.

Not saying you should like anything particular. It doesn't matter to me and is none of my business but I'm curious.

Happy shaves,

Jim
I don’t like metals as I find them more difficult to keep clean

I just got a Zenith boar today and lost several hairs in its maiden voyage. I soaked it in cool water, and I found I had to load for a lot longer compared to a synthetic. Lost quite a few hairs in the lathering stage and there was a stray hair that I had to cut with a scissor because it was just hanging from the side. Hoping it won't shed anymore after this. The brush otherwise felt good, it was soft like a badger and not springy like some Omega synthetics.

I'm reading it's normal for a new brush to shed because not all the hairs are glued in properly, so those hairs will fall out. Makes sense.

Last edited:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I don’t like metals as I find them more difficult to keep clean

Fair enough. Mine are clean by my standards, but likely not by yours as I do nothing special to make them clean. I enjoy the patina on the copper handles (but know it will polish up in a few seconds should I decide to go that way).

5-31-19.Best:RealGerman.Kit.Horse.640.JPG

This new Zenith is not a boar (it's a horse), but it's a handle new to me, a handle size and shape I like a lot (I like the extra soft horsehair knot, too).

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom