What's new

Zebra light closing rumors.

The flashlight forums are full of rumors about Zebra light being close to closing, so if you want to pick any up , now's a good time. I have 4 right now lol. Sc64le, sc64w hi , sc700fd, and a news headlamp in 4000k range.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I've only owned one Zebralight, and I hated it. The operating system baked my noodle, and got me infuriated every time I tried to use it.

Here's an operating guide for Zebralight torches that I posted at another forum I used to frequent...

• Grab light and push button with thumb, forgetting that (unlike any other torch that ever existed) depending how quick you do that depends what light you get - full power, minimum power, or a rapid scroll through levels. Swear at it!
  • Push button lightly (as in soft press) for next level and wait to see which level is next. It goes off (but not immediately). Swear at it!
  • Push button to turn it back on at a different speed, and light comes on at a different light level to before. Swear at it.
  • Try double clicking it. The light changes two settings, but flickers the intermediate setting on it's way there. Feel the start of a headache coming on, and swear at it!
  • Remember the "press and hold to change mode" thingy. Press and hold button. It goes too far before you let go and you get the light level after the one you wanted. Swear at it!
  • Press button quicker to advance light mode slower, and it goes off. Swear at it loudly!
  • Press button to turn back on, this time with eyes shut as you're getting frightened of giving yourself a seizure. Swear at it regardless of light level. Open eyes and assess which level the imp has chosen. Swear again regardless of result!
  • Press and hold and whimper as the light cycles through the various levels as you try to time it to stop on the right one. With gritted teeth and misting eyes, finally achieve the required light level for the job at hand (praying it doesn't need more than one light level)
  • Press the button to turn it off and it waits a fraction of a second just in case it's a double click. That's enough time for your brain to think you didn't press it right and tell your thumb to try again. By the time your thumb starts moving again the light has gone off so you end up turning it on again! SCREAM AT IT !!!
  • Whilst still screaming, press the button more slowly and deliberately to make bloody sure the button works this time. Light level changes and stays on. Look at the window to decide if it's high enough to jump out of. Start to cry.
  • Stop ... take a breath ... think clearly and press the button once and wait. Light goes off!
  • Return light to drawer and pick up something else which hasn't been possessed by an evil spirit. Attempt to calm down and mend your wounded soul.
  • Leave the light there until you've read enough posts by good people online who have tamed the beast and give it constant praise. Feel convinced it's worth trying it out again.
  • Return to step 1 ......

I've only owned one Zebralight, and I hated it. The operating system baked my noodle, and got me infuriated every time I tried to use it.

Here's an operating guide for Zebralight torches that I posted at another forum I used to frequent...

• Grab light and push button with thumb, forgetting that (unlike any other torch that ever existed) depending how quick you do that depends what light you get - full power, minimum power, or a rapid scroll through levels. Swear at it!
  • Push button lightly (as in soft press) for next level and wait to see which level is next. It goes off (but not immediately). Swear at it!
  • Push button to turn it back on at a different speed, and light comes on at a different light level to before. Swear at it.
  • Try double clicking it. The light changes two settings, but flickers the intermediate setting on it's way there. Feel the start of a headache coming on, and swear at it!
  • Remember the "press and hold to change mode" thingy. Press and hold button. It goes too far before you let go and you get the light level after the one you wanted. Swear at it!
  • Press button quicker to advance light mode slower, and it goes off. Swear at it loudly!
  • Press button to turn back on, this time with eyes shut as you're getting frightened of giving yourself a seizure. Swear at it regardless of light level. Open eyes and assess which level the imp has chosen. Swear again regardless of result!
  • Press and hold and whimper as the light cycles through the various levels as you try to time it to stop on the right one. With gritted teeth and misting eyes, finally achieve the required light level for the job at hand (praying it doesn't need more than one light level)
  • Press the button to turn it off and it waits a fraction of a second just in case it's a double click. That's enough time for your brain to think you didn't press it right and tell your thumb to try again. By the time your thumb starts moving again the light has gone off so you end up turning it on again! SCREAM AT IT !!!
  • Whilst still screaming, press the button more slowly and deliberately to make bloody sure the button works this time. Light level changes and stays on. Look at the window to decide if it's high enough to jump out of. Start to cry.
  • Stop ... take a breath ... think clearly and press the button once and wait. Light goes off!
  • Return light to drawer and pick up something else which hasn't been possessed by an evil spirit. Attempt to calm down and mend your wounded soul.
  • Leave the light there until you've read enough posts by good people online who have tamed the beast and give it constant praise. Feel convinced it's worth trying it out again.
  • Return to step 1 ......
Once you get used to it it's actually simple, they updated it a couple years ago. It seemed complicated when I started and now I love them. Lmao good post.

My three Zebralights have never failed me. First Gen SC600 18650 bought 2011 or so, the SC 52cw AA/14500 two years later and the SC62cw 18650 in 2015. All are used pretty much on a regular basis, the SC52cw is a light that takes 14500, Lithium, Alkaline and Eneloops. The ideal travel light for travel. The SC62cw, great EDC light when you need a ton of light in an instant press. The SC600 is my workhorse light all around the house, garage, travel. I've got other lights, Fenix, Olight... but the Zebralights get the bulk of the use. Highly recommended.

20201203_212429.jpg

Top Bottom